HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 7:20 PM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
Yeah right.. At least he isn't a Mormon boy.
Zing!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Sheesh.. how could I forget AFA?

Revised:

1. BYU
2. BSU
3. UU
4. CSU
5. AFA
You guys are all wrong CSU Pueblo is now the best team in the reagion!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 3:30 AM
cololi cololi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 690
BYU's win was impressive. I can't tell though if OU's offensive line is that bad or if BYU's front seven are that good. Probably somewhere in between. I will say this, if Bradford is not injured, I don't think OU gets a delay of game penalty on fourth down at the one or a delay penalty that makes a potential game winning field 5 yards longer. Who knows if the outcome would have been any different, but the freshman QB made some serious mistakes an experienced QB would not have made. I do hope that OU wins out so that the win stays relevant. If OU goes 9-3 or 8-4, suddenly that win does not look nearly as impressive.

Now the MWC needs to keep it up by beating all other games against mid majors and beating FSU, Clemson, Oregon, etc.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 3:40 AM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
BYU's win was impressive. I can't tell though if OU's offensive line is that bad or if BYU's front seven are that good. Probably somewhere in between. I will say this, if Bradford is not injured, I don't think OU gets a delay of game penalty on fourth down at the one or a delay penalty that makes a potential game winning field 5 yards longer. Who knows if the outcome would have been any different, but the freshman QB made some serious mistakes an experienced QB would not have made. I do hope that OU wins out so that the win stays relevant. If OU goes 9-3 or 8-4, suddenly that win does not look nearly as impressive.

Now the MWC needs to keep it up by beating all other games against mid majors and beating FSU, Clemson, Oregon, etc.
Don't forget that BYU was without their star running back, which had a major impact. While a Heisman Trophy candidate in Bradford is a bigger loss, BYU was without Unga the whole game. Also, BYU was containing Oklahoma before Bradford went down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 5:31 AM
SLO's Avatar
SLO SLO is offline
REAL Kiwi!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 7,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
Don't forget that BYU was without their star running back, which had a major impact. While a Heisman Trophy candidate in Bradford is a bigger loss, BYU was without Unga the whole game. Also, BYU was containing Oklahoma before Bradford went down.
Those are the key points, to me. OU wasnt doing much w/Bradford in there....
FSU will be tough, they lost tonight, but looked pretty darn good.
__________________
He said he'd cure your ills, but he didn't and he never will
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 5:54 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
Yeah right.. At least he isn't a Mormon boy.
Maybe that would bother me if I were a Mormon boy. Actually, most of the Mormon boys I know are rather HOT.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 2:47 PM
cololi cololi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
Don't forget that BYU was without their star running back, which had a major impact. While a Heisman Trophy candidate in Bradford is a bigger loss, BYU was without Unga the whole game. Also, BYU was containing Oklahoma before Bradford went down.
Not a Heisman candidate, a Heisman winner. Injuries are part of the game, but a RB is not responsible for clock management, the quarterback is. Any RB has far fewer decisions to make than a QB. I find it hard to believe that Bradford would have allowed a delay penalty on fourth and goal from the one. That is all. BYU dominated at the line of scrimmage in the passing game and overall outplayed OU.

Like I said though, if OU loses 3 or four games or BYU drops a game to an unranked team, the win becomes less meaningful.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 4:34 PM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Maybe that would bother me if I were a Mormon boy. Actually, most of the Mormon boys I know are rather HOT.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 4:37 PM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
Not a Heisman candidate, a Heisman winner. Injuries are part of the game, but a RB is not responsible for clock management, the quarterback is. Any RB has far fewer decisions to make than a QB. I find it hard to believe that Bradford would have allowed a delay penalty on fourth and goal from the one. That is all. BYU dominated at the line of scrimmage in the passing game and overall outplayed OU.

Like I said though, if OU loses 3 or four games or BYU drops a game to an unranked team, the win becomes less meaningful.
You are right, but you are forgetting that if Unga was in they may have scored on more of their many opportunities and that would have made the game much less close and even made your points irrelevant. Ultimately this kind of analysis is impossible to come to any conclusion, which is why it comes down to who has more points when the time runs out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 5:15 PM
cololi cololi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 690

I am not forgetting. OU is much different with a redshirt freshman QB seeing his first snaps then BYU is with a back up running back, who looked pretty capable to me. the bottom line is that BYU outplayed OU and won.

My biggest point is that if Bradford has lingering problems that carry into the season and OU goes 9-3 or 8-4, the win is not as impressive as it was before.

By the way, BYU just jumped to number 9 in the AP poll. That is an impressive move.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 6:54 PM
East2Westback East2Westback is offline
NYC Rick
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tappan, New York
Posts: 162
You can change that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Sheesh.. how could I forget AFA?

Revised:

1. BYU
2. BSU
3. UU
4. CSU
5. AFA
At the end of the season it will be:

U of U
BYU
BSU
AFA
CSU
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 8:10 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
I want a 458
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Provo, UT & Denver, CO
Posts: 2,320


HA!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 10:54 PM
SLO's Avatar
SLO SLO is offline
REAL Kiwi!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 7,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post

I am not forgetting. OU is much different with a redshirt freshman QB seeing his first snaps then BYU is with a back up running back, who looked pretty capable to me. the bottom line is that BYU outplayed OU and won.

My biggest point is that if Bradford has lingering problems that carry into the season and OU goes 9-3 or 8-4, the win is not as impressive as it was before.

By the way, BYU just jumped to number 9 in the AP poll. That is an impressive move.
You are right, OU needs to get themselves together for when Bradford returns, and tear up the Big 12 for the win to have lasting monumental significance. If OU finishes with 2 losses its still a great win, considering the surroundings and the fact that it was basically a home game for OU, that they were jacked up for. BYU needs to seize the momentum and play each game tough. Even though they lost last night, Florida State looked very good....
__________________
He said he'd cure your ills, but he didn't and he never will
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2009, 6:23 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by East2Westback View Post
At the end of the season it will be:

U of U
BYU
BSU
AFA
CSU
Nah, it'll be:

Utah
BSU
BYU
AFA
CSU
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #35  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2009, 6:42 AM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
I want a 458
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Provo, UT & Denver, CO
Posts: 2,320

HA HA!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #36  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 7:30 PM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Talking Pack piles on Skyhawks

For only their second year the Thunderwolvs are doing great!

So dominant was the Colorado State University-Pueblo football program Saturday night that its third- and fourth-stringers had to turn in their uniforms to the laundry.

Behind a near-flawless defense, an efficient offense and serviceable special teams, the ThunderWolves, all who were in uniform with eligibility to burn, dismantled Fort Lewis College 38-0 in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference opener for both teams.

CSU-Pueblo won every phase of the game, and did so easily, at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...1352812949.txt
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #37  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 9:06 PM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
BYU 54 TULANE 3 (2-0)


AP photo/Patrick Semansky

Next Florida State


Unknown
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #38  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 11:46 PM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
DENVER BRONCOS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Eeyore; Sep 16, 2009 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #39  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 4:53 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
For only their second year the Thunderwolvs are doing great!

So dominant was the Colorado State University-Pueblo football program Saturday night that its third- and fourth-stringers had to turn in their uniforms to the laundry.

Behind a near-flawless defense, an efficient offense and serviceable special teams, the ThunderWolves, all who were in uniform with eligibility to burn, dismantled Fort Lewis College 38-0 in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference opener for both teams.

CSU-Pueblo won every phase of the game, and did so easily, at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...1352812949.txt
So what's a Thunder Wolf?
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #40  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 5:20 AM
Eeyore Eeyore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pueblo - Southern Colorado's "alpha city"
Posts: 7,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
So what's a Thunder Wolf?


Here is the history of the mascot from Wiki:

The University of Southern Colorado now Colorado State University-Pueblo adopted the "ThunderWolf" as its mascot prior to the 1995-96 academic school year. The ThunderWolf came to life as USC looked to modernize its image following over 60 years of being known as the "Indians." The legend of the "ThunderWolf" is as follows:

"The thunderwolf was discovered in the Southern Colorado foothills in 1933. The species is thought to be indigenous only on the city of Pueblo's beautiful horizon from the Spanish Peaks to the south to Pike's Peak to the north. A regal and majestic animal, the thunderwolf has evolved into the wisest and strongest of all beasts. The thunderwolf is cloaked with hair as blue as Colorado's skies, and with a mantelet of hair around its neck as white as Colorado's snow-capped mountain peaks. Longer guard hairs, as red as Colorado's rocky soil, abound throughout the white mantelet. Some say they have seen lightening bolts in the thunderwolf's large blue eyes.

Because it is an intelligent and inquisitive animal, the thunderwolf expands its knowledge and understanding of the environment daily. Although the thunderwolf exhibits a cooperative team spirit when hunting with the pack, it also is an individualistic thinker which helps the pack burst through paradigms when solving problems.

One of the most distinctive characteristics of thunderwolves is their ability to form unusual partnerships with other species to protect the environment for the general good. Their excellent communication skills have led some observers to believe thunderwolves may be able to communicate to different species from other countries.

Colorado State University-Pueblo is proud to be known as the ThunderWolves, and we hope the thunderwolves are proud of us as well."

The original ThunderWolf logo was put into place prior to the 1995-96 school year. Designed to elicit fear and reverence, the original logo contained a detailed head of a ThunderWolf with a mountain range in the background. After a few years of use, the logo was eventually scrapped for a more easily reproduced logo that contained the letters "USC".

The logo remained in use until the University of Southern Colorado changed its name prior to the 2003-04 school year to Colorado State University-Pueblo. While the university's main logo changed to mimic that of its parent institution, Colorado State University, the ThunderWolves logo went in another direction.



The link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorad...he_ThunderWolf
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.