HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerville View Post
Are there any restaurant in Halifax that serves good seafood? Some do a nice fried fish and chips, but I don't know if there are any that do anything creative.

Once ate at a fish restaurant while travelling the Florida Keys and discovered that seafood in Nova Scotia was in a pretty sad state.
As mentioned by others, Bar Kismet has excellent seafood. Despite being an RCR animal, I've had good meals at Shuck (I feel RCR tends to understaff its restaurants leaving too few people to serve too many tables and leading to uneven service... at least this was the case for me when I visited pre-pandemic).

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 2:10 AM
Community Guy

The Press Gang - amazing room, good service, maybe the best risotto we've ever had.

Bar Kismet
Fresh ideas, quick service, just ok food execution; maybe trying a bit too hard.

Afrites - an amazing donair benny for me and pork belly bowl for my better half. We really like it here and would go back.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
The Press Gang - amazing room, good service, maybe the best risotto we've ever had.
What's up with the Nazi meeting going on at the table behind you?

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 1:08 PM
Community Guy

Pilots... but did have an Inglorious Bastards feel.

They were here for a Stag and Doe, but due to the WestJet situation, the bride and groom didn't get there and so they continued on in spirit.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
What's up with the Nazi meeting going on at the table behind you?
I almost spit out my drink when I read this lol, how did I miss that?

Nice photos, we're very lucky to have such great restaurants locally - definitely punching above our weight population wise

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment