HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
That being said, I'll remind Albertan's that Edmonton has had a hockey riot, and, of all things, a riot on Canada Day. What's even worse is Calgary's riot at a fake wrestling match (stampede wrestling). But of course those riots don't count...
Maybe because they are not even in the same hemisphere as the Vancouver riot.

A few rowdy wrestling fans compare to thousands of rioters burning police cars, smashing windows, looting stores??... Give me a break. The riot thing is old but your completely idiotic comparison is just as old now.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeDgE View Post
Maybe because they are not even in the same hemisphere as the Vancouver riot.

A few rowdy wrestling fans compare to thousands of rioters burning police cars, smashing windows, looting stores??... Give me a break. The riot thing is old but your completely idiotic comparison is just as old now.
All of a sudden you sound annoyed about hearing about riots. What the Stampede Wrestling riot lacks in size, it makes up for in pure stupidity. Same with a riot on Canada day.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:57 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Damn. That sucked.

I've to hand it to LA - they were by far the better team this series. Actually, I quite like the team they've got right now. Seeing as it's very likely that I'll be relocating to LA by the end of the year, I guess it's go, LA, go for the time being.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 5:03 AM

Quote:
All of a sudden you sound annoyed about hearing about riots. What the Stampede Wrestling riot lacks in size, it makes up for in pure stupidity. Same with a riot on Canada day.
Neither of these are even news worthy. So rioting over hockey is less stupid than wresting? Wow...what ever makes you feel better I suppose.. :/ What happened in Vancouver was witnessed by the world and was a black eye to Canada as a whole. Anyway, the Canucks are out, first place, presidents trophy.. meaningless. Good riddance.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:02 AM

HAHAHAHAHA.....Down with steel town And the Canucks!! Washington has to knock of Boston for my Triple Crown!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 10:39 AM

Well, the Canucks were made an example of by Gary Bettman yet again...manipulated out of the Cup. Fuck Bettman and all Canadian citizens who are fans of U.S. NHL teams. FUCK YOU ALL!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginRonic View Post
Well, the Canucks were made an example of by Gary Bettman yet again...manipulated out of the Cup. Fuck Bettman and all Canadian citizens who are fans of U.S. NHL teams. FUCK YOU ALL!
You just can't argue with the incredible insightfull arguements put forward by Canuck fans. They sure are a knowledgeable bunch.

Your right it probably was a conspiracy. lol.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 1:38 PM

Quote:
I'll remind Albertan's that Edmonton has had a hockey riot
True, but that only happened when the Oilers wonthe Stanley Cup.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 2:16 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
The riot thing is getting really, really old now. You guys aren't getting a rise out of anybody
Yeah, I definitely didn't see several Canuck fans get upset enough after the first minor mention of riots in several days to go on long rants about how it doesn't actually bother anyone in Vancouver, and how every other city in Canada has burned down half of its downtown every time a bird sneezed.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 PM
Community Guy

The world is in balance once again. Thank god.

Lets go PHX

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:37 PM
R2-D2's army of death

Reading a lot of the comments in this thread almost makes me ashamed to be a hockey fan. What the hell is wrong with some of you?
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:15 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginRonic View Post
HaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:21 PM
Change is good

Quote:
The Canucks are still pretty young, and with the Sedins style of play, they should be able to perform at a high level well into their thirties. I'm hoping Gillis is looking at Schneider as our new goalie of the future if we are to achieve our ultimate goal. How do we trade Luongo though, and his huge contract, or maybe Luongo wouldn't mind being a back up in Vancouver, as strange as that sounds.
Is that what we call diving and whining now? The Sedin style of play?

Quote:
Well, at least I can relax now.
Yup, relax, the canucks ain't shit.

Quote:
The riot thing is getting really, really old now. You guys aren't getting a rise out of anybody, it's just really dumb at this point.
The rest of your respond indicate else-wise my friend
Quote:
That being said, I'll remind Albertan's that Edmonton has had a hockey riot.
A hockey riot? I was there. It wasn't a riot. It was a bunch of people high fiving each other. Someone lit a phone booth on fire. It wasn't anything like what has repeatedly happened in Vancouver.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:22 PM
Change is good

So all the Vancouver fans that were calling on the rest of Canada to support them, are they now going to support the Senators, or will they just forget about hockey, like they usually do in April?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix View Post
Reading a lot of the comments in this thread almost makes me ashamed to be a hockey fan. What the hell is wrong with some of you?
Just division rivals' fans going after each other. Van is out now, so the Flames and Oilers fans should quiet down now. GO SENS!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:26 PM
Editor

Quote:
Are you freaking kidding me??, you're comparing the so called 'riot' at Stampede wrestling with the Vancouver riots?? Do you realize that the Stampede wrestling riot was the equivalent of a bar brawl at best.....we're talking a dozen or so people in the very small Ogden auditorium and no damage outside the building...Most Calgarians have never even heard of the Stampede Wrestling riot.....let alone the world media. I had to google it just to see what you're referring to.

Comparing the Vancouver behavior to Calgary's Red Mile would be the proper comparison.....and of course the Red Mile had virtually no incidents.

Last edited by Surrealplaces; Apr 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:56 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Just division rivals' fans going after each other. Van is out now, so the Flames and Oilers fans should quiet down now. GO SENS!
Except, Oiler and Flamer fans will continue to watch the rest of the playoffs and will no doubt debate and argue events as they occur. Canuck fans on the other hand are done with hockey because they are canuck fans (well only when they are a good team) and not hockey fans.

Go New York.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 5:30 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

So pleased with the Kings last night, although I feel they're going to be in far more trouble against the Blues.

I feel bad for Schneider. I've been saying for over a year now that he is far better than Luongo, and Luongo's prevalence is one of many reasons I can't stand Vancouver. With Luongo's contract, I feel he would be impossible to trade to any team aside from one with a large budget that desperately needs a goalie (Toronto or Columbus I'm thinking). With his no-trade clause, its questionable whether or not he'd go to one of those teams. Knowing Toronto fans they'd embrace him and claim he would be the player to save their team, so maybe he'd be all for that. The Canucks big problem now is figuring out what to do with him.

Schneider should be their starter, but if they can't move Lu than maybe they will trade Schneider. There is certainly enough interest in him within the rest of the league, however they'd be hurting their own team. It'll be interesting to see what the summer brings.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:04 PM

Jumping on the Sens bandwagon.

Anyone see Mark Stone play on Saturday? Kid is a beauty. Can't believe how much better he's gotten since drafted.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:14 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
So pleased with the Kings last night, although I feel they're going to be in far more trouble against the Blues.
If the Kings can perform well on the power play and play like studs on d, then they will have a say in the final outcome of this series.

I'm extremely happy to see my Preds, the Kings, and hopefully Phoenix and Ottawa advancing. Lord knows everyone was tired of seeing San Jose, Detroit, etc making deep runs (well everyone but their fans).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada