HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
let Iggy fight every second game and show the kids how to play with some emotion.
I'm not sure this happens much, and probably won't considering he's said he does not want to play on a rebuilding team.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
I'm not sure this happens much, and probably won't considering he's said he does not want to play on a rebuilding team.
I don't remember hearing him say that.

I think Iggy would be a great guy to have on a rebuilding team, he still has a ton of heart and would be a great mentor.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Change is good

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:28 AM

I'm not going to read every article, I'm sure most of them are pretty much the same anyway.

He doesn't seem to think the team needs to go the route Edmonton has, and if they do, obviously he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career missing the playoffs. It's not really a black and white scenario though, I know his heart is in Calgary and he obviously wants to try and work on improving the team, but if Feaster decides to blow it up, Iggy will definitely be moved, it would be stupid not to move him.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
notice that the canuck apologists are all absent from the thread so far today...
Too busy boarding up their windows.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 1:55 AM

Mostly because we are tired of the shit and really don't feel welcome here, but more so because it has actually become much more entertaining to sit back and watch your guy's obsession with Canucks.

Seriously, its great!

Please go on, because I am sure you will. Feepa's life for example seems to revolve around the Canucks right now

Thats what makes this thread so interesting! No need to add to it.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:00 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Go Blues!!!

Also hoping for a some double or triple overtime tonight.
Sharks vs Blues going to 2nd OT right now.

Halak vs Niemi!!!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:28 AM

The old saying about the roof coming off the building pretty much came true in Boston haha

Poor David Krejci. Taken out by a stray pane of glass in the post game celebration.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:31 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Haha, that's great!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:32 AM
Community Guy

Sharks please don't get steam.

Phx is my new west team after LA

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 5:33 AM

Phoenix wins! Wow, almost every team that won game one on the first two days were the lower seed!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 AM
Go Chiefs!

Cmon Halak... I know it's second OT but that was a little weak.

Interestingly enough, Halak had a 0.923 sv % during the 2010 run. Price had 0.934 sv % during the playoffs last year.

4 of the first 7 playoff games went to OT! Awesome.

BTW-Only Ovechkin and Holtby showed vs the Bruins! Too bad the rest of the team are chokers. Ovechkin is actually pretty clutch for them in the playoffs, 3th best pts/game avg (after Gretzky and Lemieux) in the post-season with 25 goals and 50 pts in 37 games.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 9:32 AM
Reason and Freedom

Macleans Survey: The Canucks Are Canada's Cleanest Team, Favourite Playoff Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post

There may be canuck haters in Alberta, but the hate goes right across the NHL...
Oh my! It seems life indeed has a wicked sense of humour (and timing):

According to Mcleans's latest scientific poll on hockey opinions across Canada, the Maple Leafs are Canada's most hated team while the Canucks are Canada's favourite NHL team (especially in Alberta) competing in the playoffs. Furthermore, the Canucks are thought to be Canada's cleanest team, while the Maple Leafs and Canadiens are thought to be the dirtiest.

Quote:
MACLEAN'S EXCLUSIVE POLL: Who’s dirty? Who’s admired? Who’s loved? And who likes Don Cherry?

Mclean's, Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Canucks as Canada’s most hated team? Think again. A new Angus Reid Public Opinion poll conducted in partnership with Maclean’s has found that Toronto—not Vancouver—is the country’s most hated hockey team. It turns out Vancouver, which has worn the “hated” label since last spring’s failed Stanley Cup run, is actually one of the country’s most popular teams.

See full results: http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/12/f...am-in-the-nhl/
Poll highlight: A majority of Albertans (who we are told have superior hockey knowledge) are cheering for the Canucks these playoffs.

Oh, it's all so ironic.

Last edited by Prometheus; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 10:34 AM
Millennial Ascendancy

Once again I'm happy with the outcome of the night, with the exception of St. Louis's loss in double OT. The victories for Boston and the Rangers are especially sweet. I certainly got nervous though when Boston let that go to OT. Holtby played great for Washington, and this series really could be huge for his career if he keeps playing like that. Gotta have a ridiculous amount of respect for the guy. Imagine getting called up to play your first Playoff game, be relied on for the series, and be facing down the prior year's championship team featuring the goalie that won the Conn Smyth? Talk about intimidating. Although I'm rooting for Boston, I really hope Holtby continues to do well.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Oh my! It seems life indeed has a wicked sense of humour (and timing):

According to Mcleans's latest scientific poll on hockey opinions across Canada, the Maple Leafs are Canada's most hated team while the Canucks are Canada's favourite NHL team (especially in Alberta) competing in the playoffs. Furthermore, the Canucks are thought to be Canada's cleanest team, while the Maple Leafs and Canadiens are thought to be the dirtiest.

Poll highlight: A majority of Albertans (who we are told have superior hockey knowledge) are cheering for the Canucks these playoffs.

Oh, it's all so ironic.
I've never seen TSN devote almost an entire intermission to try to reason out why everybody hates the Canucks....I'd trust the people at TSN over people at Mcleans about gauging the feeling hockey fans have.

Last edited by Xelebes; Apr 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:37 PM

I'm rooting for the Blackhawks and Capitals and they both lost yesterday in OT. Sigh...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 1:24 PM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post

I've never seen TSN devote almost an entire intermission to try to reason out why everybody hates the Canucks....I'd trust the people at TSN over people at Mcleans about gauging the feeling hockey fans have.
You are really embarrassing yourself now.

Maclean's conducts a Canada-wide scientific survey revealing a reality that contradicts your subjective perceptions; therefore the scientific survey must be wrong! Is your hatred so strong that you won't let anything get between you and your wishful thinking? Not even science?

Sad, man, sad. It's good to see the majority of your fellow Albertans are not so pathetic and irrational.

There is no law against hating the Canucks; just stop trying to convince us (and yourself) that everyone feels the same. The cold hard facts are in: they don't. Get over it and move on.

Last edited by Prometheus; Apr 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:13 PM
Home of Hyperchange

So if no one hates the Canucks, especially in Alberta - why do you insist on getting your panties in a twist over the very few who do?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:27 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

It doesn't surprise me that the Canucks are the favourite playoff team in AB, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were also the most hated. The thing is, unlike the other 15 teams, every Albertan hockey fan is either cheering for them to go all the way, or really hoping to see them get crushed; there aren't many who are indifferent to the Canucks, as would certainly be the case for Ottawa or Pittsburgh.

I went to Flames Central for game four of the finals last year, and it was packed with both Bruins and Canucks jerseys. The place erupted when either team scored. It was really intense, and so much fun.

One more thing. With the Flames and Oilers out, most Albertans will probably watch highlights, but aren't really following the games. If they polled Flames/Oilers season ticket holders (probably the most hardcore hockey fans), they'd likely find that most are hoping the Canucks are dropped. On the other hand, people that have stopped paying as much attention are probably fine with the cup coming back to Western Canada.

Scientific or not (boy, you really like that word), it's still not a perfect survey.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:42 PM
Community Guy

Me:

Oiler fan and part season ticket holder
Hate the Canucks, GO LA
Flip back and forth between games, but try to catch most of them.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada