HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I’m not intending to criticize you, just clarifying things.
No problem MonctonRad, I didn't take it that way. So Lindt is going into Mapleton Center, not Mapleton Plaza, is that right?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 2:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
No problem MonctonRad, I didn't take it that way. So Lindt is going into Mapleton Center, not Mapleton Plaza, is that right?
Indeed

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 2:59 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few more CF Champlain notes:

- A&W in the food court is currently undergoing renovation.
- Calendar Club will have two seasonal locations in the mall, a calendar only kiosk near the Walmart mall entrance, and a combined calendar and game store in the old Payless Shoes location.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A few more CF Champlain notes:

- A&W in the food court is currently undergoing renovation.
- Calendar Club will have two seasonal locations in the mall, a calendar only kiosk near the Walmart mall entrance, and a combined calendar and game store in the old Payless Shoes location.

I wonder how come the second Moncton one (the one going in the former Payless Shoes), doesn't have all three (Calendars, Games and Toys) like the Saint John one does? The former Payless unit is bigger than the unit the SJ one is going in. So you figure it will feature all three as well?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 11:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
I wonder how come the second Moncton one (the one going in the former Payless Shoes), doesn't have all three (Calendars, Games and Toys) like the Saint John one does? The former Payless unit is bigger than the unit the SJ one is going in. So you figure it will feature all three as well?
I imagine.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 11:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see French sporting goods retailer Decathlon is moving into Micmac Mall in Dartmouth.

This is a retailer I can see in Moncton in the next several years as well, either as part of a revamp of Wheeler Park, or in the Granite Centre.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It usually does. The main store is where the bulk of the product is, and they keep the kiosk stocked through the season.

I'm just surprised they do 2 setups in the mall. I guess the walk-by traffic at the Walmart entrance is enough to warrant the kiosk there.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
It usually does. The main store is where the bulk of the product is, and they keep the kiosk stocked through the season.

I'm just surprised they do 2 setups in the mall. I guess the walk-by traffic at the Walmart entrance is enough to warrant the kiosk there.

I suppose, I just found it interesting that the Saint John is one is the only location in NB that's all three (Calendars, Games and Toys). Moncton is just Calendar only Kiosk. As well as a Calendar and Game Location. Fredericton is just Calendar and Game Kiosk. So I thought since the second Moncton one is going in the former Payless, it would be all three like SJ since that unit is bigger than the Saint John one. However it appears it will not be all three.

And yeah, I think the foot traffic from Walmart is why there is always a second (kiosk) location in CF Champlain every year.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Sep 19, 2019 at 1:25 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
I suppose, I just found it interesting that the Saint John is one is the only location in NB that's all three (Calendars, Games and Toys). Moncton is just Calendar only Kiosk. As well as a Calendar and Game Location. Fredericton is just Calendar and Game Kiosk. So I thought since the second Moncton one is going in the former Payless, it would be all three like SJ since that unit is bigger than the Saint John one. However it appears it will not be all three.

And yeah, I think the foot traffic from Walmart is why there is always a second (kiosk) location in CF Champlain every year.
The store last year in Moncton was calendars, games and toys (kiosk is just calendars). I would assume they would do the same again this year with such a large space.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 12:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current construction projects in the Mapleton Centre:

Justice:

Lindt:

Both photos from Retail Talk & Share.

Both stores will certainly be open for the Christmas shopping season. Justice is rumoured to be open by late October. Lindt should be similar.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 10:22 AM

Is this expected to be a Lindt store or Lindt outlet? The difference in price is significant as I was in the US last weekend and in Freeport at the regular store it was 100 truffles for 30$ but in the Merrimack outlet it was 150 for 36$.

I imagine it's a normal store but the Tommy next door is an outlet so maybe we'll get lucky...

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 11:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

AFAIK, it will be the full line Lindt store, just like they have in Dartmouth Crossing.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 2:32 PM

The owners of Euston park hinted on Instagram that they are opening another restaurant downtown. Showed their van and said “the westy is on the move again to our next project on Main St. Stay tuned”.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
The owners of Euston park hinted on Instagram that they are opening another restaurant downtown. Showed their van and said “the westy is on the move again to our next project on Main St. Stay tuned”.
Did they buy Pastalli? I read somewhere (probably FB) it was a young couple. Edit, it's on the downtown thread.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 12:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Two million views for the [Moncton] Retail Thread!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemnin View Post
Did they buy Pastalli? I read somewhere (probably FB) it was a young couple. Edit, it's on the downtown thread.
They did!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 8:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mapleton Centre Update:

Justice signage has been installed. Rumour is that this store will open in early October

Lindt - there are now lots of posters in the windows of the CRU announcing the store opening in "fall 2019". I suspect end of October or early November, in plenty of time for the Christmas shopping rush.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 3:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Eat Clean Healthy Grill in the Champlain Plaza has apparently closed.

Location may have been a problem (that particular retail strip is dominated by Skyzone, and as such is a bit of a retail dead space. Also, Copper Branch opened on Champlain Street at about the same time, and would have a very similar clientele.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 11:27 AM

Aaron's on Mountain Rd has been rebranded as Easyhome.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 7:47 PM
I have no Title

Rumour has it Planet Fitness is moving into the old gym in mapleton plaza.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces