HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 9:58 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.observer.com/2008/backstage-freedom-tower

A bit less activity at the site for Tower 3 and Tower 4. Developer Larry Silverstein received the site from the Port Authority in February 2008, and is now doing foundation work.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 9:42 PM

Why is Tower 3 under the "Construction" category while Tower 2 is under "Proposals"? =P Haha, just something I noticed.

(I also can't seem to find one for Tower 4, maybe no one loves it! hah)

Looks good! I cannot wait to see these completed!

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 9:50 PM
Everywhere all at once

Tower 4 isn't a supertall (it's only a mere 947 ft. tall), and it may very well not have a thread.

Tower 2 is much less along than Towers 1, 3 and 4. It will probably be the last one to top out. It's really not under construction yet.

Old Posted May 8, 2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Tower 2 is much less along than Towers 1, 3 and 4. It will probably be the last one to top out. It's really not under construction yet.
Ah, I see. Didn't know that, good to know!

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 2:16 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Tower 4 isn't a supertall (it's only a mere 947 ft. tall), and it may very well not have a thread.

Tower 4 is planned to top out at 975 ft, it has its own thread. Tower 2 will begin construction next month.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 2:20 PM
New Yorker for life

From jebb

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 2:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Progress on site of Tower 2 from JolieNY

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 4:03 PM

Awesome pictures! I'm trying to picture where all the construction will be at in a year, as i plan to visit NYC in May 2009 for the first time.
Freedom Tower should be above ground hey? I would imagine the foundations for Towers 2, 3 and 4 should be well on their way; maybe with any luck the Deutsche Bank will be finally erased from the landscape?

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 2:15 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

This is a really weird question... are they going to have a parking garage underneath it? If so, how are they going to avoid car bombings like what happened before in '93?

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 2:01 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilfondel View Post
This is a really weird question... are they going to have a parking garage underneath it? If so, how are they going to avoid car bombings like what happened before in '93?
Yes, there will be a parking garage underneath, as there was in the former WTC. They'll be large amounts of security. Very advanced stuff.

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 3:29 PM

too bad this one isn't the tallest.

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
I'm trying to picture where all the construction will be at in a year, as i plan to visit NYC in May 2009
maybe with any luck the Deutsche Bank will be finally erased from the landscape?
The DB is supposed to be down by the end of the year (we've heard that before though). By May 2009, the other towers should all be at or above street level.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 11:49 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Tower 4 is planned to top out at 975 ft, it has its own thread. Tower 2 will begin construction next month.
lolz my bad.

Sick photos NYGuy. This site is nearly as intense as the CityCenter site in Vegas, but pretty soon the two will be head to head!

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
New Yorker for life

A look at progress on towers 1-4...

wtcrising.com

As exciting as it is to watch the Freedom Tower nearing street level, the site of the other 3
towers joining the crush jumps it.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 4:23 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

what a job it will be to remove the ramp as they start work with the footprints...also will the path station and path tracks be any different once they start work in that area, such as the top covering on the tracks and station etc..

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 6:59 PM

man,what a huge site! this is absolutly amazing. the amount of materials,workers,power,machines,supplies,Its stunning.

also,in the two pics on post 247,what is the name of that park? thanks.

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 12:31 AM
low-riding

Thats a centuries old cemetary behind a church. I think st pauls but i really cant remember right now

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 1:38 AM
Because I'm Clever!

That's Trinity Church, at one point the tallest structure in New York. You can find old maps of the city with it towering over Manhattan. When built, Trinity was only a short walk from the shore, which was located at Greenwhich St, where the PATH station is today.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 12:44 AM

lol when here are threads for the FT, WTC2, WTC3 and WTC4 we will have nearly the same pictures in 4 threads until the towers rise and we have shots of the buildings and not only over the site.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 9:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
That's Trinity Church, at one point the tallest structure in New York.
No, its St. Paul's, where a lot of the ground zero workers got relief. Trinity Church is further down Church St (called Trinity PL at that point) opposite Wall St.

JolieNY

image on skyscraperlife.com

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive