HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 8:36 PM
(Go7SD)

What's the white skelaton structure in the middle?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 8:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy McDowell View Post
What's the white skelaton structure in the middle?
The entrance to Santiago Calatrava's train terminal (PATH station).

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 8:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
An "expensive new tower" will be built regardless of who is in charge. Their lease is running out and they have no room in their existing setup. They will be in new facilities whether at the Penn Hotel site, the WTC or WFC.

I bet you they go to Penn. The other two sites make no financial sense, and every indication from the bank is for a new Midtown tower.
You're probably right.

Also, although they are the lead, they aren't the only firm looking at these towers for space. The clock is ticking.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 8:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I don't believe that Merrill is going to be taking intentions form O'Neal into consideration. The man has caused them the biggest corporate loss in nearly 100 years, and on top of that he wanted a 4 billion dollar tower. Now I'm not aware of the companies finances, but I do know that any company that takes that big of a financial hit isn't running out to build a new multi billion dollar tower.
Regardless of who's in charge, the company has to stay in business, and has to have an address. I'm sure O'Neal wasn't the only hand in considering those options. Otherwise, they would have picked the Hotel Penn site long ago. I think it comes down to the Hotel Penn site, or Tower 3. I don't believe they are going to pick up and start from scratch because time is ticking.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 9:02 PM
(Go7SD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The entrance to Santiago Calatrava's train terminal (PATH station).
I like Calatrava's work it resembles the one swan like structure he did in Milwaukee. Are there any renderings showing the inside?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 9:02 PM
World Machine

Quote:
I'm sure O'Neal wasn't the only hand in considering those options. Otherwise, they would have picked the Hotel Penn site long ago.
Well that was all before the big financial loss. I have no doubt that the weather has changed inside the heads of the Merrill Lynch board of executives. What may have seemed practical 1 month ago, may not be the case in present time.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 9:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Well that was all before the big financial loss. I have no doubt that the weather has changed inside the heads of the Merrill Lynch board of executives. What may have seemed practical 1 month ago, may not be the case in present time.
I was a big financial loss, but not one that would hurt the company to that point. (btw, Merrill is far from the only one feeling those losses).

Quote:
Meawhile...
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...yVqMgD8SJKNV04

Merrill Lynch CEO O'Neal Out

Despite the third-quarter loss, analysts consider the vast majority of Merrill's business to be in perfectly fine shape.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 9:48 PM
World Machine

Quote:
(btw, Merrill is far from the only one feeling those losses).
Citigroup.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 10:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Citigroup.
Yup, among others. Merrill will remain strong, which is why Downtown is pulling so hard for the company to say there.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 11:01 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Regardless of who's in charge, the company has to stay in business, and has to have an address. I'm sure O'Neal wasn't the only hand in considering those options. Otherwise, they would have picked the Hotel Penn site long ago. I think it comes down to the Hotel Penn site, or Tower 3. I don't believe they are going to pick up and start from scratch because time is ticking.

They should all have spoken up 5 years ago, before the current WTC plan was set in stone. The WTC could have been designed around their needs...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 11:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
They should all have spoken up 5 years ago, before the current WTC plan was set in stone. The WTC could have been designed around their needs...
Yeah, remember all the cries about "too much office space"? They're singing a different tune now. Imagine if the entire site had been left for just a memorial (as Guiliani had wanted). Where would Downtown be then?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Yeah, remember all the cries about "too much office space"?

I keep waiting for a single editorialist to admit just how wrong they were back then. I guess I'll have to wait quite a while longer...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 1:30 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
I keep waiting for a single editorialist to admit just how wrong they were back then. I guess I'll have to wait quite a while longer...
Just don't hold your breath...

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 1:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Comparison to our newest sensation...

__

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 1:40 AM

are their any floorplans availible? Ive looked all over but only found elevations and render.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 2:57 AM

When I first saw that proposal I thought that would have been awesome if it was in the NWTC (maybe even taking FT's spot), but I actually think it will look much better in it's current proposed location. 3WTC is what has my heart, and that new building is definately trying to steal it! lol

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 4:02 AM
Frigidus Maximus

Nouvel's new building makes 3 WTC look downright pedestrian...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 4:09 AM
World Machine

I think 3 WTC's design is much better. That's just my opinion.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 1:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin55 View Post
are their any floorplans availible? Ive looked all over but only found elevations and render.
Rogers' website may or may not have something like that, I can't recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudvayneimn
When I first saw that proposal I thought that would have been awesome if it was in the NWTC (maybe even taking FT's spot), but I actually think it will look much better in it's current proposed location. 3WTC is what has my heart, and that new building is definately trying to steal it! lol
Two of the best new towers for the city right now, and I love Foster's tower. I've been trying to wrap my head around how a taller and larger Tower 3 would fit in with the others. May as well make them all equal in height to the old Twins. Then we could have the triplet towers. (No offense to Extell's west side proposal).

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 3:57 PM
Frigidus Maximus

"May as well make them all equal in height to the old Twins. Then we could have the triplet towers. (No offense to Extell's west side proposal)."

Heck, Why NOT? The biggest challenge for lower Manhattan right now is lack of Class A office rental space. Yeah, it would mess up Libeskind's concept of an ascending spiral, but at the rate of new tower construction, it might not be too long before other towers would obscure the view of the "spiral" anyway. And while they're at it, they should figure out how to merge bases, to create those huge trading floors that are suddenly considered so necessary...

I ❤️ NY

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive