HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:50 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Anytime someone makes Steve Simmons look like an idiot I'm happy.
Yeah, even though it totally annihilated my playoff pool it's still a happy moment.

In the West, it was hard to pick against Chicago, but way to go Nashville. Way to make EA Sports prediction look genius.

So far anyway. Although it did pick Columbus to beat Pittsburgh.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:52 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Yeah, even though it totally annihilated my playoff pool it's still a happy moment.

In the West, it was hard to pick against Chicago, but way to go Nashville. Way to make EA Sports prediction look genius.

So far anyway. Although it did pick Columbus to beat Pittsburgh.
This is how people like secretary sue win office pools. "I like the color of Nashville's jersey i'm picking them".

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:07 PM
arf

I should do that more often. There was a random pick button for my pool. I should have pushed it, but I do the all-in philosophy. It was a tossup between Anaheim and Chicago for me in the West. But it's yellow and blue and not the nice springlike yellow and blue. More school bus and navy.

The highest I have ever seen the Nashville jersey ranked -- and I looked for a good two minutes on the Internet -- is 16th out of 30 jerseys. No one is picking them based on Jersey. Sure, maybe you don't like red and then orange is ugly and well the ducks are what they are so and yeah, well Minnesota, and St. Louis is, wait blue and yellow again, but how, for the love of all that is holy does it beat out the teal of San Jose. Answer me that?

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:24 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Ok...You like to hear yourself...I get this.

But buddy....its not working here lol.

Dam brah...Sports banners are so Evil and so unoriginal...I can't take it.

Anyway.....

The Oil hit the ice in 60. The young guys will win and make a statement.

Compete and stay out of the box.

P.s Only time you hear anyone say stay out of the box is in Hockey!!!!
Sure. I like to hear myself. I'm not ranting and raving with drunken nonsense. You're obviously not in advertisement so I don't understand why you're so offended by my comment. It must be your inner Oilers fan making you stupid. I would have said the same if someone had posted pictures of the area outside the ACC with GO Leafs GO banners

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:28 PM
Community Guy

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
\

Laugh all you want, we have a better team then you right now and easily for the next several years. The Sens, possibly the smallest fan base in Canada. If by some fluky reason you get past the Bruins yuo won't make it out of second round when you have to face a team with some depth.

It wasn't tough to back up my statement.
So someone laughs at the prospect of the Leafs winning the cup this year (rightfully so) and you immediately turn to insulting the Sens because that person is from Ottawa... That really demonstrates how childish you are.

But hold on a sec... Wasn't it you who said:

Quote:
Delusional Leaf fans? Are there any on here that are expecting to go far this year I don't think so. I'm not more interested in the Sens losing over the Leafs winning lol. It is possible to follow more then one series in the playoffs you know. Also I'm not routing for the Sens to lose but the Bruins to win. A Montreal Bruins match up is much more fun to watch then an Ottawa anybody match up.
Really though, how old are you?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:41 PM

settle down snowflake. ridicule is a perfectly fine response to ridicule.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:43 PM
Fake News

Go Oilers! You have a one year grace period for me to cheer you on before the rivalry starts again. Vancouver took Edmonton's place for the last 8 years. Now they're sucking and their most hated players (Bieksa and Kesler) moved to my most hated team (Anaheim). McJesus is good and there's no one I detest on the team. Good luck beating the Capitals!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:44 PM
arf

When it comes to homerism in sports, most people are the equivalent of maybe a nine-year old.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:45 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Go Oilers! You have a one year grace period for me to cheer you on before the rivalry starts again. Vancouver took Edmonton's place for the last 8 years. Now they're sucking and their most hated players (Bieksa and Kesler) moved to my most hated team (Anaheim). McJesus is good and there's no one I detest on the team. Good luck beating the Capitals!
Not even Lucic?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:49 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Not even Lucic?
True he's a shit disturber. It seems to me like he's lost a lot of his edge since moving to the Chuck though.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
settle down snowflake. ridicule is a perfectly fine response to ridicule.
Whatever you say bro... Calling J.OT13's response ridicule is a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure anyone would laugh at the idea of the Leafs winning the cup this year. Should I start insulting the fanbases of those who think the prospect of the Sens winning the cup is laughable?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 8:22 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Laugh all you want
I'm sure everyone is.

The Leafs were supposed to play the Sens in the first round, right?

Quote:
But the first round is Ottawa. They always choke against the Leafs and I can't wait to watch that. After that they can lose. They've already out performed all expectations for Leaf fans this year. The Habs only have 8 more wins this season then they do. Not that I think they can beat the Habs this year but Ottawa will do what it does best against Toronto in playoffs.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 PM

Quote:
\

Laugh all you want, we have a better team then you right now and easily for the next several years. The Sens, possibly the smallest fan base in Canada. If by some fluky reason you get past the Bruins yuo won't make it out of second round when you have to face a team with some depth.

It wasn't tough to back up my statement.
1. I'll start with your statement about the Sens having the smallest fan base in Canada. Your right. The Ottawa market has around 1.3 million people and the NHL fan base is split between 3 teams; Sens, Habs and Leafs. I've said that a million times on this very forum. So what's your point?

2. Second statement; Leafs better than the Sens? Ottawa finished with 98 points and secured second place in the division, while Toronto held on to the last Wild Card spot with 95 points. Ottawa had 4 more wins than Toronto during the regular season. Ottawa won 3 of 4 games against Toronto. I think, I think... that makes Ottawa the better team.

3. Ottawa winning against Boston would be a fluke? We beat them in every single game during the regular season. Was that a fluke?

Now I'm going to do something that a Leafs fan could never do for Ottawa; give credit to the Toronto Maple Leafs;

a. The Ottawa vs. Boston series will be a whole lot easier than Toronto vs. Washington. OT and Beantown are, on paper, evenly matched and Ottawa for the most part dominates the Bruins all day long. Toronto on the other hand has to face the best team in the NHL. So your right again; when Ottawa makes it to the second round to face a better team, it will get harder. But the same can be said for everyone else. That's the point of the Playoffs, best teams win each series.

b. The Leafs have gone a long way since last year. With good coaching and solid young guys like Mathews and Marner, they were able to go from dead-last in 2015-2016 to a playoff spot in 2016-2017. That's pretty respectable. Only Edmonton was able to do better.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 10:25 PM

Sens defenceman Erik Karlsson among Norris Trophy finalists: reports

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...ists-1.4080046

4th time he receives a nomination. Won it twice.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 7:49 PM
Community Guy

At work today prior to the HUGE game tonight. GO OILERS GO!

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 2:10 AM
Go Chiefs!

Finally we can start the fire sale.

Priorities
1. Fire Bergevin
2. Fire Bergevin
3. Send his ass in China as far away from Montreal as possible.
4. Trade Pacioretty and Price for actual playoff performers
5. Trade Weber and Galchenyuk for Subban
6. Resign Radulov and Markov

Go Preds Go!!!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 2:59 AM

2 Canadian teams out now.

Toronto's on the bubble. Let's see if Ottawa and Edmonton can finish their opponents off or if it all falls apart.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 5:09 AM
Urban Fanactic

Congratulations Edmonton.

The first Canadian team to make it to the second round. I hope that Ottawa can beat Boston tomorrow.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 2:46 PM

Bergevin is truly committed to emulating Chicago's culture and legacy of success huh? so much so he followed them in a disappointing first round exit.

Have a feeling the Leafs will be joining them tonight. can't complain too much though, it's been a hell of a ride.

Last edited by suburbanite; Apr 23, 2017 at 9:32 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada