HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 4:15 PM

Suburban Development News - Tosa

St. Camillus Health System revives disputed Wauwatosa apartment tower proposal

Quote:
A Wauwatosa senior housing community is reviving plans for an apartment tower two years after dropping the proposal because of opposition from nearby residents.

St. Camillus Health System Inc., 10100 W. Blue Mound Road, has started marketing its proposed 17-story East Tower with a new website and advertisements in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The tower would have 169 luxury apartments for seniors who can live independently. St. Camillus hopes to open the building in spring 2020 if it receives Common Council approval.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 4:16 PM

^^^^^^

Picture on the previous page.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 3:07 AM

Foxconn considering bringing 10,000 jobs to southeastern Wisconsin, Assembly speaker says

Quote:
"Recently, technology company, Foxconn, has indicated its desire to locate in southeastern Wisconsin with up to 10,000 jobs, and yet the (funding) of I-94 North-South through Racine and Kenosha counties continues to be delayed," wrote Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester), Assembly Majority Leader Jim Steineke (R-Kaukauna) and Rep. John Nygren (R-Marinette), the co-chairman of the Legislature's budget committee.
All signs are starting to point to Racine.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 2:10 PM
Plenary pleasures.

I live in Chicago, but would be thrilled if this was built in Racine. Any type of high-tech jobs like this in the Midwest are always welcome by me, even if not in Illinois. Please let it happen, Foxconn!!!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I live in Chicago, but would be thrilled if this was built in Racine. Any type of high-tech jobs like this in the Midwest are always welcome by me, even if not in Illinois. Please let it happen, Foxconn!!!
It would be great for both metro areas. Racine would obviously be much closer to Milwaukee but still not far from the Chicago area. If it happens in Kenosha though it would be much closer to the middle of the 2 metros.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 4:24 PM

Sorry to keep forcing the issue with Foxconn, I know this is a skyscraper website, but if Foxconn indeed locates in Racine County (just outside Milwaukee), it could change the game for Milwaukee and development in and around the city. All signs are starting to point to Racine, specifically the suburbs or Mt. Pleasant and Sturtevant.

Mount Pleasant, Sturtevant to meet Monday amid growing development buzz

Quote:
Local officials plan to again discuss unspecified economic development in closed session Monday as buzz about a major project gets louder.

The Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant village boards are scheduled to meet “for the purpose of discussing a potential future development project in Racine County,” according to a meeting agenda.
If the Milwaukee metro area lands this, oh boy, it could be fun.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 5:21 PM

Most interestingly to me is what it means for the Chicago-Milwaukee connection. There has been a relentless push of development along the I-94 corridor for a decade or more now. I remember when I first started living in Chicago I-94 was a ramshackle 6 lane highway through farmfields 75% of the way. Now it resembles or even dwarves the huge suburban industrial corridors in the Chicago suburbs like 290 or 294.

When you have huge investments by Amazon or Uline that's one stage of growth, but a Foxconn plant employing on the scale of five figures, not a measly few thousand (lol) like Amazon... Well that's a whole different scale of development. If you have seen the virtual village being built around Epic, that's the kind of growth we could expect around a Foxconn plant. And that's the the actual plant, we can expect all sorts of vendors to Foxconn to need to locate nearby not to mention the accompanying residential and retail growth that must occur.

Which brings me back to my main point, city needs like myself have long fantasized about a hypothetical merger of the Milwaukee metro and Chicago metro, but with this kind of growth in Amazon, Uline, and now Foxconn, it doesn't seem like such a fantasy anymore. A location in Racine will also be highly accessible to the Northern reaches of Chicago metro and it's likely there will be much commuting in both directions as a result.

Time to build that high speed rail line and also extend Metra to Milwaukee! HSR with stops at Milwaukee, Mitchell, Kenosha/Mt pleasant, Chicago northern burbs, O'Hare, the downtown Chicago. That would be the most useful rail route in the country with these industrial behomoths now located in between.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Most interestingly to me is what it means for the Chicago-Milwaukee connection. There has been a relentless push of development along the I-94 corridor for a decade or more now. I remember when I first started living in Chicago I-94 was a ramshackle 6 lane highway through farmfields 75% of the way. Now it resembles or even dwarves the huge suburban industrial corridors in the Chicago suburbs like 290 or 294.

When you have huge investments by Amazon or Uline that's one stage of growth, but a Foxconn plant employing on the scale of five figures, not a measly few thousand (lol) like Amazon... Well that's a whole different scale of development. If you have seen the virtual village being built around Epic, that's the kind of growth we could expect around a Foxconn plant. And that's the the actual plant, we can expect all sorts of vendors to Foxconn to need to locate nearby not to mention the accompanying residential and retail growth that must occur.

Which brings me back to my main point, city needs like myself have long fantasized about a hypothetical merger of the Milwaukee metro and Chicago metro, but with this kind of growth in Amazon, Uline, and now Foxconn, it doesn't seem like such a fantasy anymore. A location in Racine will also be highly accessible to the Northern reaches of Chicago metro and it's likely there will be much commuting in both directions as a result.

Time to build that high speed rail line and also extend Metra to Milwaukee! HSR with stops at Milwaukee, Mitchell, Kenosha/Mt pleasant, Chicago northern burbs, O'Hare, the downtown Chicago. That would be the most useful rail route in the country with these industrial behomoths now located in between.
I couldn't have put it better myself. On that note, apparently Foxconn's chairman just landed in Milwaukee....

Foxconn Lands in Milwaukee

Quote:
Foxconn has come to Wisconsin, literally.

While the company and state are still rumored to be negotiating over an electronics factory that could employ 10,000 people, a private jet affiliated with the company has landed at General Mitchell International Airport. It’s parked just outside of the observation area along E. Layton Ave.

The airplane arrived in Milwaukee at 3:06 p.m. Sunday, having departed Long Beach Airport near Los Angeles, CA at 7:41 a.m. What Foxconn executives, perhaps including founder and chairman Terry Gou, have been up to in Wisconsin since then is unclear. But the village boards of Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant are scheduled to meet in closed session this afternoon to discuss “a potential future development project in Racine County.” It’s hard to imagine that’s about anything other than Foxconn.
Unusual meeting in Racine County adds to Foxconn speculation

Quote:
Yet another hint emerged Monday that Racine County is Wisconsin’s leading candidate site for a huge new Foxconn Technology Group electronics factory.

The village boards of two county communities, Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant, will meet behind closed doors late Monday afternoon to discuss “a potential future development project in Racine County.”

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Sorry to keep forcing the issue with Foxconn, I know this is a skyscraper website, but if Foxconn indeed locates in Racine County (just outside Milwaukee), it could change the game for Milwaukee and development in and around the city. All signs are starting to point to Racine, specifically the suburbs or Mt. Pleasant and Sturtevant.

No apologies please. Please keep it coming as much as you wish to share.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 2:03 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Agreed, keep it coming!

I want WI to get this Foxconn plant, because it shows that this entire region is capable of supporting high-tech manufacturing jobs, and to also help wash away the 'rust-belt' image that the media focuses on ad-nauseam about the Great Lakes region.

But I also wouldn't be averse to any new high-rise developments in Milwaukee that you may uncover

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 2:53 PM

^^^ Maybe Racine can land another corporate office tower by a starchitect (the first being FLW's SC Johnson) to house a new block of Foxconn offices?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
^^^ Maybe Racine can land another corporate office tower by a starchitect (the first being FLW's SC Johnson) to house a new block of Foxconn offices?
That would be awesome but I have a feeling if any office component is involved, it would be in Milwaukee. Pure speculation though. What I could see happening in downtown Racine is a sizable residential boom which would be great for that city. Something on the scale of what is happening in Madison. Then again, that could happen out closer to the I where Foxconn wants to locate. I guess we will see. Either way, this is a super exciting development for the Milwaukee/Chicago region. As you stated before, this is a big enough deal that this may be what finally joins the 2 metro areas as one.

Last edited by bucksfan15; Jul 11, 2017 at 3:47 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Agreed, keep it coming!

I want WI to get this Foxconn plant, because it shows that this entire region is capable of supporting high-tech manufacturing jobs, and to also help wash away the 'rust-belt' image that the media focuses on ad-nauseam about the Great Lakes region.

But I also wouldn't be averse to any new high-rise developments in Milwaukee that you may uncover
My hope is that this project is big enough that it leads to the creation of a residential high-rise or 2 in the city. I mean, if we land Foxconn, not all of their employees will want to live out in the burbs. You would think out of 10,000 employees, at least a handful will prefer city living, enough to build a couple sexy new residential towers.

Now if we happen to land Foxconn AND JCI builds a new tallest in Milwaukee, watch out, the Milwaukee area could be poised for an epic boom. Fingers crossed....

I will try and go for a bike ride soon and get a picture rundown of everything happening around downtown to distract from Foxconn and get back to development but the Couture and BMO towers should be starting in the coming months, 777 is at about 20 floors, the streetcar is flying as is the arena, and their are smaller infill projects like Hyatt and Hammes flying up all over town.

Last edited by bucksfan15; Jul 11, 2017 at 3:48 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 7:44 PM

7-11-17

Streetcar - Ogden Ave

Streetcar - Jackson St

Streetcar - Broadway

777 VanBuren

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 7:47 PM

Arena District 7-11-17

Bucks Training/Sports & Medicine Center

Arena

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 7:52 PM

The Brewery/Park East

Brewery Apartments 1

Brewery Apartments 2

Jackson St Apartments

Hammes HQ

Hyatt

North End

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 7:54 PM

^^^^^^

Small sample of pics mainly from the NW side of Downtown Milwaukee. I only got ground-up construction projects, not historic redevelopments like the ones going on at The Brewery. There's a lot more where this came from in places like the Third Ward, Lower East Side, Bay View, West Side, and Tosa. I'll try and hit more places in the coming weeks.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 9:10 PM

Walker’s Point apartment development slated to start next month

Linden Street Partners also considering site for a second project in neighborhood

Quote:
Linden Street Partners, which has offices in Pittsburgh and Santa Ana, California, will break ground on a 70-unit apartment development in August on a vacant lot in Milwaukee’s Walker’s Point neighborhood.

This is Linden Street Partners first project in the Milwaukee area, but Richardson said his firm is already looking at another site in Walker’s Point for another apartment development.

“We hope that this is the first of a few projects for us in Milwaukee,” he said. “We like the area and we like the city of Milwaukee. If things go smoothly, we’ll be doing another project in Walker’s Point.”

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 7:59 PM

Jet linked to Foxconn Technology Group lands in Madison

Quote:
The jet remained at Mitchell International Airport for three days – a span that included an unusual joint meeting Monday of the Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant village boards in Racine County. The closed session was called to discuss “a potential future development project.”
I wish they would just announce this already.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

Nice update. I love Milwaukee in the summer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations