HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 11:23 AM

Oh awesome! I heard about them expanding but I thought they had already done it.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
So, this will be the new name for the old Bubba Rays.

The owner will in fact be the chap who owns Mama's Restaurant next door, who I believe is a recent middle eastern immigrant to Canada.

I wish him well. Mama's is apparently quite popular, but I'm not sure if he understands what he is doing with this new concept.

This quote is from Mama's Facebook page:

Who says there's no sports on the weekend!!! The offerings at the new Hub Club also seem extremely eclectic. If I were to offer him some advice, it would be to pick a theme for his new club and stick with it. I'm worried he's only going to confuse and irritate his clientele by trying to be too broad in his mandate........
Jeff Gall;ant (Old Cosmo etc) is involved in this venture. Mama's page posted that those with issues with him should not take it out on the business. We'll see.....

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love*moncton View Post
Jeff Gall;ant (Old Cosmo etc) is involved in this venture. Mama's page posted that those with issues with him should not take it out on the business. We'll see.....
I see this to be another sinking ship Especially with the people involved, and the way Monctonians feel about some of them... But I may be wrong on this one.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Storefront for the new bike shop on St George St (at the arches).

photo from DMCI

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 6:18 PM

Phoned the bike shop and owner said they are opening tomorrow, May 10th at 10 AM closing at 6 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 12:52 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Barring any last minute reprieves (to allay concerns from adjacent retail businesses), the small municipal parking lot on the NW corner of Lewis & Main will shut down at the end of the month to allow for reconstruction, widening and the realignment of Lewis Street so that it matches the traffic alignment of Assumption Blvd. Lewis will be widened as far north as Queen (for now).

This is partly to improve the Lewis/Main/Assumption intersection, and partly to improve access to Queen Street now that the FiveFive Queen project is underway.

This is an excellent infrastructure renewal, although I must admit I will miss that parking lot. It was one of my favourite places to park downtown. It's a municipally owned metered lot, so I was pretty sure that by parking there I could avoid the boot Nazis. I avoid most other lots downtown like the plague because I am just paranoid and obsessive enough to constantly be worried about the booters attacking my car once I am out of sight........

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 12:51 PM

Any word on more projects at The Junction? Will any further building start construction this year?

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 3:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Both the Hilton Hotel and the Tannery Building have anticipated opening dates in 2018, so I imagine that construction will have to begin in the next couple of months to keep a proper timeline.

I'm pretty confident about the Hilton Hotel, because they have already announced the brand affiliation, and I imagine they want the hotel open at roughly the same time as the events centre.

I'm a little less confident on the Tannery. It's an apartment building rather than a condo development, so they aren't dependent on pre-selling units, but still, they will have to have financing in place, and there are a lot of rental units in the city coming on stream in the next 12 months or so. Obtaining financing may be difficult.

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 3:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Burrito Jax is apparently opening in the former Moncton Pizza location on Main Street.

This should be a good spot for them. More variety for the lunchtime crowd, and burritos should be popular with the bar hoppers too.

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 10:34 PM

as I was leaving VIA station on the Martime bus lines last night a large excavator on a flatbed was backing into the tannery place about 6 pm.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 12:44 PM

Downtown-ish: the old Needs location at High & John is now home to the Adeline Animal Hospital.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 1:47 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Centre for Precision Medicine (Dumont Hospital/U de M medical research building) - current status:

The main purpose of this building (AFAIK, I work at the Moncton Hospital) is cancer research. The Atlantic Cancer Research Institute will relocate here. The building will also house laboratories developing genetic therapies for individualized (patient specific) cancer care. Pretty advanced stuff really........

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 1:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a construction trailer on site and some heavy equipment where they are planning on building the new Hilton branded hotel at the Junction Urban Village.

I would say that construction is likely imminent.

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 2:53 AM

Quote:
There is a construction trailer on site and some heavy equipment where they are planning on building the new Hilton branded hotel at the Junction Urban Village.

That is very exciting! Let's hope that's what it's for! How tall is it supposed to be again?

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
That is very exciting! Let's hope that's what it's for! How tall is it supposed to be again?
I seem to remember it being 4-6 stories but I can remember how tall specifically. This is exciting though! Another big building in the City!!

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Where is it? I don't see anything different there over the past month. There is a transport trailer that has been sitting in the field, but it has been there awhile and I don't think it is a mobile office. Hoping there is something I missed??

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 2:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
Where is it? I don't see anything different there over the past month. There is a transport trailer that has been sitting in the field, but it has been there awhile and I don't think it is a mobile office. Hoping there is something I missed??
There is an Alantra Leasing trailer in the corner of the lot near the GoodLife. I don't think it's related to the GoodLife project - I'm pretty sure it's new.

The equipment could admittedly be related to roadwork on Ivan Rand Drive. I believe they're getting ready to pave the road so that GoodLife can open.

In any event, we'll see - I still think they'll be starting construction within the month. They plan on opening in the fall of 2018. That's not much time.........

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
There is an Alantra Leasing trailer in the corner of the lot near the GoodLife. I don't think it's related to the GoodLife project - I'm pretty sure it's new.

The equipment could admittedly be related to roadwork on Ivan Rand Drive. I believe they're getting ready to pave the road so that GoodLife can open.

In any event, we'll see - I still think they'll be starting construction within the month. They plan on opening in the fall of 2018. That's not much time.........

On the retail talk and share page on facebook, they showed a new photo, where an excavator was digging in what looks like the location for the new Hotel. They posted that back on May 24th.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:

It could be related to roadwork, however there seems to be far more equipment than necessary to complete the roadwork. I took notice of the amount of equipment when it arrived, but I hadn't noticed any prep work for another building. I checked out the picture of the facebook site - and I would say it looks like they are starting construction. Great news!

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 8:12 PM

West End development news

The lot next to the Jones Lake Plaza(1600 Main Street) seems to be larger then it was thanks to the work they have done to avoid future flooding.

Crew doing work around the lake rebuilding all the path ways, and planting areas it seems.

Potentially New apartment building to be built not to far from Jones Lake

also old Nissan lot, and I believe the Honda lot as well seem to both be for sale. For Commercial use (potentially not another car dealership)

Hope to see at least some if not all of these projects. What projects will be done is a question.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces