HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 2:31 AM
The City of Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
This would certainly be a useful project but where would California get the funding for this? New York and Amtrak are trying to secure $20B for the Gateway project to replace and enhance the tunnels crossing the Hudson River and the federal government hasn't been willing to fund this.
I think Californians will vote for it especially if it’s packaged with SoCal rail improvements now that high speed rail appears (thankfully) dead.

There just need to be a well thought out proposal, a spending plan and strong planning and joint oversight. With the demise of HSR there’s an opportunity to use some of those funds (pending voter approval) to enhance rail connectivity between SF-Sac LA-SD and throughout the interior valley.

We’ll see if anything becomes of it.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 10:07 PM

^ I'd vote for it-it makes much better sense. LA-SD could host 110 mph stuff in areas as
well as SF-Sacto could host 120 mph. Just my 2 cents here.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 10:20 PM

Sorry to de-rail the conversation, but, what is the status of RT Light rail down Truxel and through Natomas to the airport? I believe something was voted on a few years ago about this? I'm not too knowledgable as I've been living and commuting across Northern California for the past few years.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2019, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Sorry to de-rail the conversation, but, what is the status of RT Light rail down Truxel and through Natomas to the airport? I believe something was voted on a few years ago about this? I'm not too knowledgable as I've been living and commuting across Northern California for the past few years.
I believe RT is looking at a route along the eastside of I-5 as the Truxel route was NIMBYed out in the 2016 vote-it may be a bit before RT gets to the airport (Truxel route would have had too many stops and been annoyingly slow for a business traveler trying to get to downtown from the airport-I voted for it though).

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:34 PM
Rws Random Life

I think that the light rail routes that converge downtown needs to be put in subway tunnels. The city should put this in a long term future project. Doing this would increase safety around public transit in Sacramento like accidents with pedestrians and trains. Their are multiple properties that can be bought for subway stations and entrance portals.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area