HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 7:49 PM

So what's the cityscape look like now...

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 11:17 PM

Some tidbits from the recent weeks regarding Nashville development...

The boutique hotel mentioned on the previous page will be called the 'Park MGM'. The architects are HOK. (Thank you L.A.)

Concrete columns are in place in the excavated 'hole' formerly known as Lake Palmer and crane bases are in place. (Thank you, Huntsville, AL)

The old Firestone building on the lot where the ONE22ONE Building is to go is being demolished.

Mallory Street is starting to undergo relocation so the Hyatt Centric can be built...

The Drury Plaza in SoBro is topped out...

The W Hotel in the Gulch is well underway.

More later.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:13 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Some tidbits from the recent weeks regarding Nashville development...

More later.
A lot of activity, some photo updates would be nice to see how these projects are turning out!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 4:09 PM

So excited to hear the Broad West project is definitely underway. That development will change that area significantly. Can't wait to see it top out to see the real impact on the area visually.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Or, even the proposed designs that other competing cities put forward when they were being considered like Charlotte and Indy. The new Cincy MLS stadium looks like it's going to be pretty cool.
The Nashville MLS stadium effort was always a scam. John Ingram attempted to get Vanderbilt football to move out of their stadium and to the soccer stadium that he is building, then control redevelopment of the very-valuable Vanderbilt land.

The Cincinnati MLS stadium is a similar scam. The ownership, through its political connections, took over ownership of a bunch of public land (a public high school's football stadium + the main police station + a large city-owned parking lot for police officers and their patrol cars). They also got the public housing authority to buy land that they're then going to turn over to the team's development arm.

Like I said, the entirety of MLS stadium building across the country is basically a big real estate scam.

Also, the Cincinnati MLS team has broken ground without ever releasing final renderings of the stadium, so don't expect anything too impressive.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 12:09 AM

Ok yea, lets all argue, what was the noise for the movie Jaws? To much needling for the moment. I have faith in the SC getting its stadium. And MT1 you do not need photos. Love your graphics!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
A lot of activity, some photo updates would be nice to see how these projects are turning out!
Here's one.

More to come.

EDIT: Thank you London.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:12 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 9:36 PM

1200 Broadway

markhollin

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
So what's the cityscape look like now...
From my Doctor's office.....last week...

And from a similar viewpoint in a few years...roughly....(original photo per Newschannelfive's SKY5 Copter)

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
1200 Broadway

markhollin
Any dates on when the Whole Foods will open?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 2:07 PM

Another view of the 1200 Broadway from a couple of blocks away (my photo).

The card..(my card)

Although it's not that tall (322'), this building really stands out on the skyline as it stretches the downtown farther west. I haven't noticed any comments on when Whole Foods will open.

EDIT: There are a few nice aerial photos available on this website.

EDIT: Thank you Austin.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:11 PM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 2:16 PM

Is Nashville starting to shift towards underground utilities at all? Just asking because in one of the photos of the 1200 Broadway Bldg there are so many power lines that they distract from the view.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
I haven't noticed any comments on when Whole Foods will open.

Need Whole Foods ASAP

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:10 PM

The Kennect (thank you Chicago)

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:55 PM

Underground utilities are so far behind schedule, but it's gradual. They're required by law in all new developments. In older areas, they happen either by way of new development on major arteries in the urban services district or larger 'streetscape' improvements. This includes all of downtown and midtown and portions of north, south, east & west Nashville. The buildings you see in those photos are required to put utilities underground. That photo in front of McDonalds is a block away from the building, and it's from a side street. But the city is so far behind on streetscape improvements. One of the lingering issues is whether several of those arteries will see a form of rail transit in a few years. As of now, there is no plan to put tracks on any of those streets. Rumor has it that there will be another referendum next year, but not nearly at the price that was voted down last year. Mayor Briley wants to have rail running from the airport and up Murfreesboro/Lafayette to downtown. That alone will be close to a billion dollars. One of the rumors I've heard is a tax on airport parking. Another is to tap into the convention center but that's sort of stretched at the moment with other commitments. This week, the convention center authority announced their proposal to expand the MCC. No details yet.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 7:28 PM

Pod hotel

And this weeks announcement...

This a revision of an earlier plan to put a hotel on a tiny piece of land without providing parking. Each of the floors were to have 120 sf rooms surrounding a communal area with various amenities for large groups traveling together (Bachelorette Parties?).

An interesting concept and maybe a wave of the future.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 29, 2019 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Per comment below

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 7:50 PM

Quote:
And this weeks announcement...

This a revision of an earlier plan to put a hotel on a tiny piece of land without providing parking. Each of the floors were to have 120 sf rooms surrounding a communal area with various amenities for large groups traveling together (Bachelorette Parties?).

An interesting concept and maybe a wave of the future.
Really nice card MidTenn, but you missed the location by 2 blocks. The site is at 4th Avenue not 6th.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

I like the design of the revised Stanza over the original. It doesn't look something out of the 80's architecturally. I do wonder if Nashville is the type of market for a communal style hotel. A friends son recently stayed in the Pod in Time Square and he said it was significantly smaller than his dorm room. He was in a room that had one set of bunk beds and a bath that was he said was about the size of a bath you'd find in an average room on a cruise ship. He honestly didn't think the cost was that much cheaper than standard sized rooms in NYC. But his friends decided on the hotel. I travel to NYC several times a year so I decided to check the Pods rates in Time Square and he's right. The 115 square foot room with bunk beds and a bath was $270. I've stayed in Marriott and Hilton brand hotels in that area for less. All with king sized beds, sitting areas and decent sized bathrooms. I've come to expect in certain parts of NYC that hotel rooms will run smaller, but 115 sq ft? That's smaller than my master bedroom walk-in closet. But I guess there's a niche market for everything these days.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 7:49 PM

What happened to the building at 5th and Broadway? They built up the internal structure a good 3-4 floors, then demolished it on the corner. Anyone got any clues?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 7:59 PM

There are heavy rumors of it being a tech company with lots of $ taking that corner location. There's a potential of it being an Apple store, or maybe something else.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations