HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
Community Guy

Ice on Whyte (and Legislature) Jan 13-22, 2012

http://www.iceonwhyte.ca/

The 2012 Ice on Whyte Festival takes place January 13-22, 2012.
Please note: Due to recent extraordinary weather conditions, the Ice on Whyte Festival is delaying its opening to Friday, January 13, at 2 pm for the safety of our visitors.

Come outside to play at Ice on Whyte's new festival site at End of Steel Park on 103 Street and Tommy Banks Way!

The park will be filled with ice slides, stunning ice and snow carvings, an interactive children's play area, a serene park, a skating rink and so much more.

Artists from around the world will create magical and amazing works of art during the international ice carving competition.

A heated tent features the YESS Cafe serving up hot beverages and the Northlands Stage alive with music and storytelling.

Ice on Whyte has partnered with the Province of Alberta to present a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the twinning of the provinces of Alberta and Heilongjiang, China. The celebration will take place at the Ice on Whyte Festival and on the West Lawn of the Alberta Legislature grounds.

As part of this celebration, 10 ice and snow carvers have come from Heilongjiang to work alongside the festival's artists to create spectacular ice and snow masterpieces at both locations.

The Alberta Legislature grounds will feature ice and snow carvings, performances including music, theatre, art in the Alberta House Entertainment Tent, family skating and much more.

FREE Streetcar rides will take you across the High Level Bridge between the two sites.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 10:09 PM
Community Guy

Yup, that's right... WINTER streetcar'ing across the high level baby!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton