HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Level in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 4, 2014, 2:11 AM
:o

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 7:13 PM
life is good

Last night:

888 Olive 11/23 by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 9:49 PM

is there any news on the twin
/

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 PM

Not a twin, a 50 story cousin i think it slated to break ground sometime next year

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 9:53 AM

Last I heard Onni was planning on waiting to see how this project fills up before they started construction on the 50 story sibling next door and seeing how they seem to be rushing to pull forward on the other 3 towers down by staples center, I wouldn't be surprised if they started work on those first than the 50 story one..... to be honest I'd rather take the 3 than to just have one that may not fill.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 PM
life is good

Will the 50 story twin also be apts or is there a possibility for condos? With such high quality design/construction I imagine they could make a grip selling them as condos.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Last I heard Onni was planning on waiting to see how this project fills up before they started construction on the 50 story sibling next door and seeing how they seem to be rushing to pull forward on the other 3 towers down by staples center, I wouldn't be surprised if they started work on those first than the 50 story one..... to be honest I'd rather take the 3 than to just have one that may not fill.
Hm, I doubt that. They already had some important meetings and the public hearing. I am pretty sure, that they will start in early 2015.. but not later than May. The Onni group is not known for playing the "waiting game". (even so the first project was very late..)

Of course.. you never know, but I have a very good feeling.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 6:03 PM

Picture taken: 11/22/2014

Picture taken with my Galaxy Note 4

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
Hm, I doubt that. They already had some important meetings and the public hearing. I am pretty sure, that they will start in early 2015.. but not later than May. The Onni group is not known for playing the "waiting game". (even so the first project was very late..)

Of course.. you never know, but I have a very good feeling.
I actually wasn't speculating or guessing.... Before this tower even rose above 5 floors, one of the head people from onni in one of the meetings stated that they wanted to see how the market looked and how well this building sold before they even wanted to break ground on the 50 story and they also said if they felt the market wasn't strong enough that they would pull forward on the other 3 towers before hand until the market worked out for luxury condos. Not speculation. Public hearings and interviews. They may not play the waiting game in Canada but in the USA, different playing field. But who knows. With all the construction going on and planned. They probably feel the market is more than strong to jump start on the 50 story one.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 2:21 AM

Quote:
I actually wasn't speculating or guessing.... Before this tower even rose above 5 floors, one of the head people from onni in one of the meetings stated that they wanted to see how the market looked and how well this building sold before they even wanted to break ground on the 50 story and they also said if they felt the market wasn't strong enough that they would pull forward on the other 3 towers before hand until the market worked out for luxury condos. Not speculation. Public hearings and interviews. They may not play the waiting game in Canada but in the USA, different playing field. But who knows. With all the construction going on and planned. They probably feel the market is more than strong to jump start on the 50 story one.
Yes, but even the "head people" come up with different stories. (almost every month) Example: John Eichler, Executive Director of Fig Central wrote me in February: "Mr. XXXXXX, the below information that I gave is correct, except for the following Greenland is probably 6+ months away from starting construction; not 12 months."

We all know that they changed the design and the timeline, so I wouldn't trust a word too much.

The Onni Group is used to some projects in the USA (Chicago, Phoenix) They will watch the market, but the US market is good. The tower in Chicago offers 643,323 rentable square feet and the available space is only 17,206 sq.ft... L.A. is growing fast, we got the public transportation and we have billions in Chinese (plus other foreign) investments. I am of course not sure about the 820 Olive Street - Project and the luxury condos, but like I said, I am very positive.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 7:35 AM

^^^ Eh....still think onnis other 3 towers are at the starting line while the 50 story is still warming up. More chatter about the other 3, more public hearings, more investors shown the sites, events held on the sites and documents making their way through city hall already. The 50 story is currently *crickets crickets crickets*

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 7:41 AM

Quote:
^^^ Eh....still think onnis other 3 towers are at the starting line while the 50 story is still warming up. More chatter about the other 3, more public hearings, more investors shown the sites, events held on the sites and documents making their way through city hall already. The 50 story is currently *crickets crickets crickets*
Three? Onni only has 2 other projects planned, the two tower project and the 50 story. There is another Canadian firm planning to start construction on a highrise but that's not Onni :p

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 9:45 PM

LOL sorry. Wording it as if this one has still yet to break ground.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 7:53 PM
life is good

Different photos than what I posted in the LA DT thread
Commercial Exchange and nearby by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Commercial Exchange and nearby by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 3, 2015, 12:38 PM
life is good

Taken over the last 2 days:

888 Olive #DTLA by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 6, 2015, 1:18 AM
life is good

She sure is a beauty, especially as the details are finished:

#DTLA by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 9:14 PM
life is good

Big MFer

Retail #DTLA by thaeisahtbizall, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Crickets... They were doing some kind of soil testing at the site of the future Onni's 50 stories tower on Hill.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111381...4/16145362269/

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 6:59 PM

^^^ Great news. Hopefully that actually amounts to something. Anybody check out any info from the permits ? that tends to give us more information about whats going on at the site rather than a picture of soil testing.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
^^^ Great news. Hopefully that actually amounts to something. Anybody check out any info from the permits ? that tends to give us more information about whats going on at the site rather than a picture of soil testing.
You are a funny fellow.

But yes, speak to your contacts and give us some updates.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive