HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikinlittle View Post
I would agree that the North Shore should be added to the list and study the alternatives.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/skytr...er-north-shore

Here's one... (also showing a possible Hastings line that would continue west through Coal Harbour, down to and across English Bay to Kits, and connecting to the Millennium line at Arbutus (which could then also conceivably continue down Arbutus, or connect to an LRT/Streetcar line that could run down Arbutus and around False Creek, as per the city's old streetcar line plans.
The problem I have with that is the river crossings - they seem to be at pretty much the widest points (and bridges are expensive to build). I'd have one from the North Shore twinning the Lions Gate Bridge, through Stanely Park (we all know how well that would go over), down Georgia to connect with Expo Line at Burrard Station, and then over and across Burrard St Bridge before joining up with the future Arbutus Line.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure