HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 3:03 AM

Awesome work! You should add Gladstone village to your next update. Theres a master plan with possible heights for the whole project and theres also an official proposal for a section of it (https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...1-0149/details)

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 3:38 AM

Truly awesome work. Well done! That was a pleasure to look at. I checked out your website too. All your work is really excellent. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 3:59 AM
Melissa: fabulous.

Stunning work. Thanks for it.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 4:28 PM

Can't believe I just saw this, great work! Love the renditions

We can even update it to add in 829 Carling. Curious if any developer has interest in Richcraft's 845 Carling. Really wish those "The Sky" buildings came up. They were marvelous.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
Can't believe I just saw this, great work! Love the renditions

We can even update it to add in 829 Carling. Curious if any developer has interest in Richcraft's 845 Carling. Really wish those "The Sky" buildings came up. They were marvelous.
Richraft has a slow and steady approach, which usually results in quality projects. Hoping to see them develop that proposals in the coming years, maybe after they complete their current Parkdale tower.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 2:23 PM

Pure awesomeness! Thanks for all the hard work you've undoubtedly put into creating these!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 7:50 PM

probably many inaccuracies, But I want Westboro to materialize before anything I can't wait till these are all up!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post
probably many inaccuracies, But I want Westboro to materialize before anything I can't wait till these are all up!
That will be something. Within 10 years, the skyline will be continuous from the Vanier Parkway all the way to Lincoln Fields, so about 12 km. Not a whole lot of depth in some parts, for example Scott Street and Parkdale will be mostly single rows of towers, but still impressive.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post

They scoff at Toronto for the "ziggurats" that result from their "plane" rules... but I'm not sure these... what they heck are they ... oversized Sales Team of the Year 2012 plaques? ... are much more appealing as far as shapes go.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 7:15 PM

A lot needs to be added here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
Just thought I would throw these into a classic Ottawa skyline vantage. I know it's not perfect but I think gives some idea the height and size of this project. Can't wait!

credit to https://www.flickr.com/photos/asifali1985/ for original shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbOttawa View Post
I was curious about how this would look from different views so I modelled it up and added it to google earth. Heights and footprints are fairly accurate. It's quite prominent from a lot of different views which is great to see, the claridge buildings fortunately don't obscure it too much.

And just for fun with the previous massing of trinity bayview

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
I agree it would be nice to see a decent rendering with the entire CBD just to see the proposed impact on the skyline. It will be big though. This is the best I can figure using the West elevation and guessing the angles the best I can:

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 7:33 PM

Zibi:

LeBreton, what might have been:

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 7:37 PM

LeBreton Flats as it may become:

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 6:19 AM

Very much hoping they allow The Flats District for more height. They should be okay with 45 to 35 to 25 to the 10 floor heights so that we get one or two 45 stories, a few 35 stories and the rest being between 25 to 10 floors. There's enough lots there for that distribution. Hopefully, but I am so very excited for Lebreton and Zibi to be developed with the West side seeing a lot of height going up from Tunney's to Westboro all the way to Bayshore. I really cannot wait to see everything in 10 to 15 years (Ottawa/Gatineau metro population is going to either hit or exceed 2 million in 15-20 years so that is huge too).

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
Very much hoping they allow The Flats District for more height. They should be okay with 45 to 35 to 25 to the 10 floor heights so that we get one or two 45 stories, a few 35 stories and the rest being between 25 to 10 floors. There's enough lots there for that distribution. Hopefully, but I am so very excited for Lebreton and Zibi to be developed with the West side seeing a lot of height going up from Tunney's to Westboro all the way to Bayshore. I really cannot wait to see everything in 10 to 15 years (Ottawa/Gatineau metro population is going to either hit or exceed 2 million in 15-20 years so that is huge too).
Those lower heights along Wellington are to protect viewplanes from the Parkway towards Parliament, so they likely won't allow any additional height. I'm honestly surprised they will build over that strip of parkland, which admittedly was always suppose to be temporary, but such spaces often become permanent in Ottawa. Back when the NCC was dealing with RVL, the latter did end up ceding that strip to the NCC.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 12:14 PM

Thanks for creating this Harley. What a huge impact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I added approximations of the buildings currently under construction (green) and the buildings in the planning stage (purple) to this currently unflattering view of the Ottawa skyline from the South. There is a long low ridge that blocks half the height of all the buildings to the right of the tallest one in this image. There are actually several more projects of significant height that will make it to this image soon, but are very early stage.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 1:22 PM

Cool to see the high rise nodes following the LRT stops, particularly on line 2 (Bayview, Corso Italia, Dow's Lake). Evolving a bit like the Skytrain system, should make it more efficient to get around and easier to live car-free in Ottawa.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Cool to see the high rise nodes following the LRT stops, particularly on line 2 (Bayview, Corso Italia, Dow's Lake). Evolving a bit like the Skytrain system, should make it more efficient to get around and easier to live car-free in Ottawa.
Add Trim (though that dates back about a decade), Blair, Cyrville, Pimisi, Tunney's, Westboro, Dominion, Sherbourne, New Orchard, Lincoln Fields, Pincecrest and Bayshore to that list. Even Walkley and South Keys to an extent. Would have been easier to list the stations with nothing in the pipeline.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 1:04 PM

From Harley613.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Here is my latest quick non-scientific estimation of what Ottawa has going on. Green is under construction, red is everything I could think of that is approved and/or applied for with a full plan. I'm sure I missed a bunch, there is too much going on in Ottawa to keep track of

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 6:12 PM

I really can't wait to see all these go up. That cluster on Carling, 900 Albert, Lebreton and on the West end will be nice and tall with some great density.

That world class development proposed near centretown and hopefully the old greyhound bus terminal would hopefully create some peaks in the central part of our skyline (even if they'd be a bit further away).

But... the core would really benefit from something on the western portion near Albert/Queen/Slater.... something 45 floors to break through the clump...

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 9:30 PM

That Rideau-Montreal cluster, and still nothing in the works to improve transit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues