HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 12:24 PM

The major problem is with the clearances here. Now since the government is introducing the single window system this problem will also be solved. But one thing we can assure about Sobha group is that they complete projects much ahead of schedule. Big players like Infosys are their clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNik View Post
Yes I saw Summit site with din and dust last time when i passed by. Do they have a website. Their old website is out of service now. Prestige has started marketing the forum mall. Looks like this will be their biggest mall project in India.

LuLu by now should have got clearance. As Hindu reported, it is ready to start construction and need only a clearance.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 12:30 PM

It looks as though Mall O will be the first full fledged mall in Kochi and also in the whole of Kerala since their construction is almost getting over and the others are in their intial stages of construction or awaiting clearances. I called up Oberon office in bypass. They said the mall will be opened in September 2007. So eagerly waiting for the first multiplex in Kerala in a few months.By that time the mall will have a large no of customers when the Wipro and other crowd comes in.September 2007 will be a happening period for Kochi.Mostly Mall O should be scheduled to open in this Onam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNik View Post
Yes I saw Summit site with din and dust last time when i passed by. Do they have a website. Their old website is out of service now. Prestige has started marketing the forum mall. Looks like this will be their biggest mall project in India.

LuLu by now should have got clearance. As Hindu reported, it is ready to start construction and need only a clearance.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 1:19 PM

mall o

sowmya,
i guess they are being a shade optimistic when they told u that mall o will be operational by september 07. the structural work for the mall will get over by august/sep. then for internal fitouts , it is handed over to the various brands/clients.. at a very optimistic pace, it takes anywhere between 3/6 months for the fitouts.. so there is almost no possibility of the mall opening this year.. jan/feb should be more realistic.. but, yes..even then i guess this will the first mall in kerala with a multiplex..

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 4:47 PM

Plan to set up busines class hotels

Quote:
Chennai, June 25: Hyderabad-based Diana Hotels Ltd (DHL) is planning to set up business class hotels in Coimbatore, Nagpur, Pune and Kochi, DHL Managing Director Murali Krishna Reddy said today.
http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews...TEGORYNAME=CHN

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 1:49 AM

JLL Meghraj’s 3-pronged plan for Indian realty market

Quote:
MUMBAI, JUN 22 : Jones Lang LaSalle Meghraj, the country's largest real estate services firm, formed from the merger of Jones Lang LaSalle Inc (JLL) of the US and the Mumbai-based TrammellCrow Meghraj, has charted out a three-pronged agenda for the Indian market.
Says Anuj Puri, chairman and country head, Jones Lang LaSalle Meghraj, "We will start providing real estate services to key residential, commercial, retail and hospitality developers in cities such as Ahmedabad, Bhubaneshwar, Jaipur, Lucknow and Ludhiana where we have not forayed so far. We are already present in Chandigarh, Kochi and Coimbatore.”
FULL STORY
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=168086

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 3:42 AM

PVS Apartments - Iris - Alwaye

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 4:42 AM

Anybody has news on the 400 crore convention centre planned at Kalamassery, well Kochi needs such a mega convention centre . Zoom Developers is partnering that. Is it part of the 300 mtr building planned.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 4:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowmya View Post
It looks as though Mall O will be the first full fledged mall in Kochi and also in the whole of Kerala since their construction is almost getting over and the others are in their intial stages of construction or awaiting clearances. I called up Oberon office in bypass. They said the mall will be opened in September 2007. So eagerly waiting for the first multiplex in Kerala in a few months.By that time the mall will have a large no of customers when the Wipro and other crowd comes in.September 2007 will be a happening period for Kochi.Mostly Mall O should be scheduled to open in this Onam.
Yes the 10000 strong crowd landing at InfoPark by this September will
be a great push. Mall O may be formally thrown open by Sept '07. But by the time it is
full fledged it will be another 3-4 months. Hopefully the multiplex will start functioning earlier as it may
be an advantage for them.

KMC

Has this 300 metres gone beyond proposal stage. I'm sure such a project will stretch
the project beyond the reported Rs.400 cr. So far govt has spoken only abt the
convention and exhibition centre.

Last edited by ReNik; Jun 26, 2007 at 9:09 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 8:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.know
Marine Plaza looks awesome dr.know. Good find. It deserves to be here.

Almark Group (Santhi Homes) is launching a 22+ storey at Aluva soon. Nowadays even Aluva seems to have more 20 storeys than
other towns and cities of Kerala.

Last edited by ReNik; Jun 26, 2007 at 9:27 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 9:21 AM
BANNED

21 storey H2O rising in the backdrop of le Meridian and KRL Headquarters.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 12:00 PM

Renik & Dr know

Where is this Marine Plaza which you posted in the photos? And is it a shopping mall? Have they already started functioning? I havent yet seen it.Iam sorry to say that. where is it located? Is it in Marine Drive? Can you please give me the correct location

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
Esto vida es uno manera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowmya View Post
Renik & Dr know

Where is this Marine Plaza which you posted in the photos? And is it a shopping mall? Have they already started functioning? I havent yet seen it.Iam sorry to say that. where is it located? Is it in Marine Drive? Can you please give me the correct location
Here is a location map of the Marine Plaza..

It is comprised of around 150 apartments i guess... i have heard that tenants will start moving in by some time this month or so....some more shots of it..

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the info, dr.know

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 5:37 PM

so wen is the confirmed date mall o will open n can neone get some latest pikz other than the old ones in the site

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 6:22 AM
BANNED

DMRC takes up Kochi Metro

DMRC has decided to develop Kochi Metro with govt support. The BOT route was found
to take time as Central govt assistance had riders that would cause delay. Now DMRC
will not only be the consultant but also the execute the project along with state govt.
Central govt support are expected to come faster this way.
Agreement is expected to be signed in two weeks. That will kick off construction of Metro.

Last edited by ReNik; Jun 27, 2007 at 7:09 AM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 7:13 AM
BANNED

Where is this location

jpt2006 flickr gallery

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 7:42 AM
BANNED

New Wings for CIAL

Quote:
Cochin Airport to start cargo airline
P R Sanjai / Mumbai June 20, 2007
The Cochin International Airport (CIAL), the first international airport in the country outside the ambit of the union government, is planning to launch a dedicated international cargo airline service.

The airport management is currently in talks with a leading international player and a domestic partner for launching the freighter service that will connect West Asian destinations.

CIAL is also exploring possibilities to partner with national carrier Indian Airlines for converting old passenger aircraft into cargo planes. Full Story here

Even this

Quote:
Kochi airport gets own dog squad

Kochi, June 26: Cochin airport Tuesday got its own dog squad comprising two female Labradors as part of its security set-up, becoming the first airport in the country to do so.

"No other airport in the country has its own dog squad. We are the first to get one. The Labradors have been purchased at Rs.125,000 each from the dog training centre of the Indian Army in Meerut," S. Bharath, managing director Cochin International Airport Limited, told reporters.

Earlier, the airport would ask Kerala Police to provide sniffer dogs when required and they had to be brought from 50 km away.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 7:44 AM

This building shown (SPECTRUM) is on MAHAKAVI G. Road
(from Chittoor road towards Vivekananda road / Railway lane)

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&key=...8347&z=17&om=0

Last edited by Tomcat; Jun 27, 2007 at 8:00 AM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 8:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
This building is on MAHAKAVI G. Road
(from Chittoor road towards Vivekananda road / Railway lane)

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&key=...8347&z=17&om=0
Hi Welcome !! And thanks for the post. Could you tell us what Spectrum is ?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 8:10 AM

Spectrum is an ISP provider having operations through out Kerala. The building is their corporate office

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India