HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jul 23, 2012, 9:38 AM
HighTowerPA

Brooklyn Atlantic Yards, New York, United States of America

Design Build Network, http://www.designbuild-network.com/p...brooklyn3.html

The Brooklyn Atlantic Yards project is led by FCRC, which has been instrumental in the revitalisation of downtown Brooklyn over the last 20 years. It has previously backed the construction of One Pierrepont Plaza, the first new office building in the area since the 1960s, and the MetroTech Center, a US$1bn, seven million square foot office, academic and high-tech development comprising 14 buildings.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 12:49 AM

I think that's an old rendering back when gehry was the architect (it looks much better too).

Previously, the NETS showed Navy Blue for their seats but are now going "super dark and super black"...

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/26/3...ark-superblack

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 11:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail>Auto View Post

I approve...

Looks like that "grassy" subway entrance is filling out...

adamscherdance

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 11:37 PM
Sonoma Strong

Looks way better in photos than in renderings.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 6:45 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...MENT/308059985

Nuts for the Nets
How a freewheeling Russian businessman turned the NBA's doormat into its hottest property.

By Daniel Massey
August 5, 2012

Quote:

Buoyed by the basketball team's move to Brooklyn from New Jersey, the duo have turned the Nets from a laughingstock that played to empty arenas and hemorrhaged cash into a franchise expected to sell out nightly and increase revenue by more than $50 million this season. Sponsorships are soaring, merchandise is flying off the shelves and the once-shunned Nets have become a desired destination for NBA stars.

Mr. Prokhorov's free spending—he committed about $340 million to player salaries last month alone—and his move to tap Jay-Z's star power have made the Nets the talk of the league. If that chatter translates to wins, the Nets could become the NBA's hottest story of the year.

Under the Russian owner, the music star has become more than the Nets' fan in chief. Ever since Mr. Prokhorov spent $260 million (including $60 million to cover operating losses while the Nets finished up in New Jersey) for an 80% share of the team, 45% of the Barclays Center and an option to buy 20% of the overall Atlantic Yards project, he has made Jay-Z the centerpiece of his plan to turn the Nets into a global property. Brooklyn, with its diverse population, is the "natural place for a global team to be based," he said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 8:19 PM
BANNED

This is quickly becoming the most beautiful American sports venue in the country - better than the Cowboys Stadium. It makes me want to be a Nets fan. They really should go for Dwight Howard again...his price has probably come down after multiple trades fell through. He would elevate this team's presence even more.

The NY Islanders would be smart to relocate here as well. That's another area franchise that desperately needs a facelift and a fresh start.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 2:00 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
This is quickly becoming the most beautiful American sports venue in the country - better than the Cowboys Stadium. It makes me want to be a Nets fan. They really should go for Dwight Howard again...his price has probably come down after multiple trades fell through. He would elevate this team's presence even more.

The NY Islanders would be smart to relocate here as well. That's another area franchise that desperately needs a facelift and a fresh start.
it is nice, but don't forget STAPLES CENTER , have you been there... THAT is a Palace !!!!!! 3 levels all the way around of suites......But this new arena is BOMB as well

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 10:53 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's looking more and more like they will.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...ILGjpm3lrE8UMK

Barclays Center makes it official

By RICH CALDER
August 8, 2012

Quote:

The future home of the Brooklyn Nets is finally showing off its name.

Construction crews using a crane spent several hours yesterday slapping the name “Barclays Center” along a side Atlantic Avenue entrance to the Nets’ new 18,200-seat arena. The large light-blue letters now cover the arena’s rust-colored, metal façade.

Barclays Bank has a 20-year lease for the naming rights to the arena, which opens Sept. 28 with a concert by rap star Jay-Z, a part owner of the Nets.

The “Barclays Center” name will be featured prominently along other areas outside the arena, including the rooftop and the main entrance at Atlantic and Flatbush avenues.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/8/32...r-sign-goes-up

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 8:17 PM

Wow, rust colored......my favorite

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:56 AM

Quote:
This is quickly becoming the most beautiful American sports venue in the country - better than the Cowboys Stadium. .
What in the sam hell are you smoking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFisher123 View Post
Wow, rust colored......my favorite
Some call that "beautiful"

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 2:22 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/9/32...-logo-going-up

Barclays Roof Logo Going Up

by Net Income
Aug 9, 2012

Quote:
This is the view you'll get when the Nets are on TNT or ESPN this fall (of if you're on final approach to LaGuardia), the roof of Barclays Center. And now for the first time, those high above the city can catch the first outlines of the Barclays Center logo atop the arena. Like the signage already up on the Atlantic Avenue and Flatbush Avenue facades, the arena sign will be in Barclays Blue.

With completion scheduled for the first week of September and Opening Night 50 days away, Brett Yormark announced Thursday that by later this month Barclays Center expects to exceed 10,000 full season seats for the Nets. In addition, 80 percent of the 100+ suites have been sold, and the arena plans to announce its 10th Founding Partner next week.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 4:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seat24inNJ View Post
What in the sam hell are you smoking??

Some call that "beautiful"
I don't smoke...and you're in the minority if you can't see the architectural strength of this building.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 7:49 AM
Everywhere all at once

Well...what do you know. An arena has grown in Brooklyn.

Astounding. I'm truly flabbergasted in the best way.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 1:37 PM

Quote:
I don't smoke...and you're in the minority if you can't see the architectural strength of this building.

Ahh.. but you didnt say that the first time. You said the most beautiful arena .. better than Cowboys Stadium.

Not Architectural strength.

Design - good.

Beauty - No.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 4:40 PM

Those aerials show a reasonably scaled relationship with the neighborhood. For what's supposed to be a big building, it's far from being too big. I mean just look at the mall across the street. The arena has nested perfectly into Brooklyn.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 4:44 PM
Khurram Parvaz

^ Not only aerially but also street wise. This building is perfect. It also pays homage to not only Brooklyn's but NYC's countless apartment buildings while keeping a subtle modern look with the minimal glass facade.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2012, 12:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Those aerials show a reasonably scaled relationship with the neighborhood. For what's supposed to be a big building, it's far from being too big. I mean just look at the mall across the street. The arena has nested perfectly into Brooklyn.
I think it fits in nicely, and it's a perfect location that screams Brooklyn - right between Atlantic and Flatbush, two great Brooklyn avenues. I have mixed feelings about the towers. I know I don't want "Miss Brooklyn" to go on the plaza. The tower on the southside may be ok, but I don't want too much blocking the view of the arena itself. I want it to stand out as an icon of Brooklyn.

Not official, but great opening...

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
New Yorker for life

FrnkSmth

Older views...

eyesWIDEopen

Look close, and you'll find it here on the urban cityscape...

keroleensboy

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 4:26 PM

This has to be one of the best looking buildings in the U.S. and probably my favorite since Aqua. With this and Beekman Tower both there are now some exquisite metal facade examples in New York.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction