HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Dec 1, 2019, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Yeah, of all the restaurant closures this will be among the least missed food-wise.

It would be great if someone came along to make good use of the art deco banks bones, but I doubt it. Probably some awful retail+mezzanine placeholder is in its future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
JLOUSA

Ah yes. That was the code word.

An end of an era. We used to frequent THVR many, many times back in the day. If the party wasn't done by 2:30, ol' Hang's came in handy every time.
my favourite, loved bringing people there to shock them with this surprise AH

It might be my memory, but 2Decades give or take a few years, the restaurant was actually decent, being nothing like the cheap chinese food it became in it's last years, probably changing city taste with a hint of nostalgia ala Hon's

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
Some owners have no immediate interest in developing, even when they've obtained approval for a building. Sometimes they decide to try for something more ambitious, like the Denny's site on West Broadway. It's not like the existing buildings aren't paying rent, or at least, until the restaurant closed, that wasn't the case. The leasing notice suggests the owner isn't in a hurry to build anytime soon.
Always good to have a development pipeline.

If you have 8 properties around town no sane developer would have 8 construction sites.

Huge leverage risks, flooding the market with product, stretching staff thin, and no future projects to work on.

With that said, this particular project is likely being held by the owner due to the potential up-zoning of most of Granville.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 6:09 AM

Lovely new paint job?

Dec.16 '19, my pic

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Lovely new paint job?

Dec.16 '19, my pic
I just drove by and saw this ... just about drove into oncoming traffic while laughing at that colour choice.

So obviously they have leased it out again. I'm not surprised as the location is hard to beat.

But what will be in there?

Pot Shop? Perfect colour lol

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 9:16 PM

why green? Random or maybe not?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 4:49 PM

https://www.coldtearestaurant.com/

"Called Cold Tea Restaurant, the venture seems to be taking its name from those teapots full of beer, which you could order as "cold tea" after legal serving hours.

A "food primary" liquor licence has been issued to the 160-seat establishment as well.

The restaurant is in the hiring stages, seeking "passionate individuals, with a sense of style and personality" for their team. While they do have social media accounts set up, there has been only a logo shared so far.

One key player behind the project is Vancouver's Ron Cheng, who has been in managerial and bartending roles in popular Vancouver spots such as Bridges, The Parlour, and Hapa Izakaya." Source

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 5:38 PM
Community Guy

We used to party at PLAZA and then go there for after-hours drinking/poker with beer or whiskey in tea cups in the back.

Oh to be 22 again.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 11:31 PM

I can't believe this has it's own thread haha, that's how much of an institution it was! It is said that eating out and being with other people is so tainted now, I hope people will come around once this virus hysteria has passed

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy