HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
Boulevard better have a decently large floorplates. That is a large site for one tower
See page 1 first post. All the images are there. The tower itself is about the same profile as the Park Place and Park Avenue towers, but it is 6 floors taller.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
Boulevard better have a decently large floorplates. That is a large site for one tower
I guess the profit is double to build 2 buildings instead of one oval building behind the PA East condo. I also guess the same size of land will have 3 to 4 buildings if it is built 2 to 3 years later. More profit again !! Condo density is getting higher and higher at this King George Station area. New residents can talk to their next building neighbor through their windows. The future LRT station will be built here too.

I just hope developers don't drop the quality to make even more profit....

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
See page 1 first post. All the images are there. The tower itself is about the same profile as the Park Place and Park Avenue towers, but it is 6 floors taller.
Ah. Yes that's very disappointing.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 3:59 AM

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 6:43 PM

^Thank you for the photo updates. Great view!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 3:05 PM

Photo from yesterday

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 6:32 PM

So they removed one of the excavators today, they still have 3, but they brought in a large piece of equipment that is either a boring machine or a pile driver. Perhaps it does both.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
So they removed one of the excavators today, they still have 3, but they brought in a large piece of equipment that is either a boring machine or a pile driver. Perhaps it does both.
What I don't get is why it's such a large pit for a single building? Are they going to include additional skytrain parking underneath as well?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
What I don't get is why it's such a large pit for a single building? Are they going to include additional skytrain parking underneath as well?
I feel that Concord Pacific is more generous in amenity and landscaping for new projects. Looking at other projects in Vancouver, Richmond, Brentwood, Park Ave East/West, Infinity, Park Place 1/2, and more, they have nice landscaping, ample public and common space and amenities. From the drawing, Park Boulevard will have one tall buildings and a few town houses. The LED on entire building will take your attention at night. For now, I only see them digging about 3/5 of the site.

https://www.parkboulevardliving.com/

If you compare it with Vancouver or some other big financial cities (Hong Kong, London, New York...), I am sure they can put 3 or more buildings in this corner with no gap between them. The new King George Hub will have about 5 buildings (or more?) in that lot. What a difference.....

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I believe they only have 3 levels of parking which would explain the large pit for that size of building. We have 5 levels plus guest at P.A.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
I feel that Concord Pacific is more generous in amenity and landscaping for new projects. Looking at other projects in Vancouver, Richmond, Brentwood, Park Ave East/West, Infinity, Park Place 1/2, and more, they have nice landscaping, ample public and common space and amenities. From the drawing, Park Boulevard will have one tall buildings and a few town houses. The LED on entire building will take your attention at night. For now, I only see them digging about 3/5 of the site.

https://www.parkboulevardliving.com/

If you compare it with Vancouver or some other big financial cities (Hong Kong, London, New York...), I am sure they can put 3 or more buildings in this corner with no gap between them. The new King George Hub will have about 5 buildings (or more?) in that lot. What a difference.....
Nice landscaping at Infinity and PA 1/2? You've gotta be kidding. It looks like a post-apocalyptic grave yard of concrete, unfortunately. PA E/W are nice though

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
Nice landscaping at Infinity and PA 1/2? You've gotta be kidding. It looks like a post-apocalyptic grave yard of concrete, unfortunately. PA E/W are nice though
That's the way most people like it on this forum lol. Forget about trees and plants!

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Nice landscaping at Infinity and PA 1/2? You've gotta be kidding. It looks like a post-apocalyptic grave yard of concrete, unfortunately.
It's actually not that bad - far from post apocalyptic graveyard.

It is supposed to be a traffic circle integrated into a plaza. There are nice fountains, landscaping beds, benches throughout it.

It's actually probably less concrete than Civic Plaza, or Jack Pool Plaza, or the Art Gallery North Plaza etc.

It could do without the parking spaces though - that is what gives it a bad feel.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 1:33 AM

What are those parking spaces used for, anyway? I thought guest parking was down below in the parkade.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Be careful on what you wish. They can easily put two or four more buildings in that open space in front of Infinity. Does Concord still own that open space ?

Many buildings in Vancouver or other major cities are separated by narrow alley. After a while, those alleys become dirty and invaded by homeless and drug users.

Enjoy the open space while we can :-)

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
What are those parking spaces used for, anyway? I thought guest parking was down below in the parkade.
There are several businesses located there, dental clinic, business college, etc. and the Concord presentation centre. I think it's pay parking.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 12:42 AM

Just found out that the name for the Concord development directly east of P.A. is Park George. They had a booth at Fusion Festival.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 12:49 AM

For the love of god stop calling things with park in the bane

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 3:42 AM

and the website is up too now. it's https://www.parkgeorge.com/

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 5:42 AM

Park George? The name sounds ugly in terms of the sound or euphony when said out loud. Glad these towers are moving ahead in presales pretty soon, but not so glad about the marketing so far...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley