HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 14, 2010, 9:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Latest revised permit, issued yesterday (Jan 12)
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=02

FILED HERE WITH REVISED SCHEDULE B SHOWING CORRECT FIXTURE COUNT FOR UNDERGROUND PLUMBING WORK PER APPROVED DRAWINGS.

Site passed inspection...
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Ga...allbin=1023720

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2010, 6:54 PM

The secrecy of the design goes with higher expectations.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 2:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
The secrecy of the design goes with higher expectations.
Maybe they are holding back until all permits are in place. I don't see what the issue is. If the design is as great as Barnett says it is, they should be showing it to everyone.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 10:47 PM
New Yorker for life

JANUARY 15, 2010

Walked by the site today, (sorry, didn't get a closer look), they're busy doing whatever it is they're doing...

No demolition yet at Extell's other massive 57th Street development (225 W. 57th)

Meanwhile, accross the street, the long awaited (or dreaded for some people) reclad of 1775 Broadway is nearing completion...

curbed.com

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 11:06 PM
World Machine

Well as long as they’re doing something. 1775 Broadway is sort of a shame, but I’ll live.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 1:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
1775 Broadway is sort of a shame, but I’ll live.
Seems like it's taking forever, but it does look like the rendering.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 3:58 PM
World Machine

Yes it has took forever, but between this, the renovations to the Lollipop building and Time Warner, it’s definitely a new and much cleaner era in general for Columbus Circle. Extell’s developments will only add benefit to the immediate area.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 8:02 PM

Whoa, sorry to keep this thread OT, but you can still see the old window frames through the new glass. Does that mean that the old windows are still there, or that the built sort of a dry wall ledge in the old window frame to the new windows?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 9:45 PM
World Machine

Yes, in the old thread for this project I remember reading something about that; how essentially the glass panels are hung over the original window frames.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 12:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Sort of like puttin on a new "coat"...

Old Posted Jan 18, 2010, 3:25 AM

I have no problem with the 1775 Broadway glass renovation.

I do love the new sleek Columbus Circle, and I love the new Lollipop Building (which I found ugly pre-reno).

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 12:31 AM
New Yorker for life

We may be about to get somewhere now, new permit issued for the sidewalk shed (I hope they use one of the new designs)...

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Wo...20&requestid=2

ALTERATION TYPE 3 - CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT - SIDEWALK-SHED
INSTALLATION OF 74 LINEAR FEET OF SUSPENDED SIDEWALK SHED DURING NEW BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, FILED SEPARATELY. SUPPORT STRUCTURE FOR SUSPENDED SIDEWALK SHED FILED UNDER SEPARATE APPLICATION. LIVE LOAD 300 PSF. SIDEWALK SHED SHALL COMPLY WITH CHAPTER #33 OF THE 2008 CODE.

I assume all things are go now...
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Last Action: PERMIT ISSUED - ENTIRE JOB/WORK 01/22/2010 (R)
Application approved on: 01/22/2010

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 12:57 AM

Recent article:

Quote:
From Le Figaro:

L'ovni en verre de
Portzamparc

Béatrice de Rochebouët
24/09/2009
L'urbaniste multiplie les projets, de Casablanca à New York. Il vient d'inaugurer le siège social de Bouygues Immobilier, à Issy-les-Moulineaux.

Demain, il s'envole pour Casablanca, sa ville natale, où il vient de remporter, fin juin, le concours pour le nouveau théâtre, CasArt, une imbrication de bâtiments de différentes hauteurs sur un terrain austère de 24 000 m2 cernée par des institutions, place Mohammed-V. Hier, il a inauguré, à Issy-les-Moulineaux, le nouveau siège social de Bouy*gues Immobilier, Galeo, un immeuble HQE (haute qualité environnementale) recouvert d'une seconde peau faite de 700 facettes en écaille de verre sérigraphié qui créent une luminosité particulière. Et dans quelques jours, il dévoilera sa nouvelle tour de 330 mètres, à Manhattan, en face du Carnegie Hall, sur la 57e Avenue. Un record de hauteur pour une tour de logement, d'une forme aussi incroyable que celle construite pour LVMH, en 1995........
To summarize...

It will be unveiled within a few days.
The building will be 330M - 1,089 ft
At 330m, it breaks the record for residential height in NYC.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 1:47 AM
JoeCooper

Now things are getting really exciting! Even without WTC Towers one, two, and three being built yet, in height ranks if this project were to be completed in the present day, this will set the Chrysler Building to #4 and the New York Times Tower to #5 (the highest position for a fifth tallest building in NYC history!) With all that is going on, with exception of the disasterous outcome to this point of the MOMA Tower, NYC is making historically agressive progress!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 1:57 AM
Charismatic Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSL View Post
Recent article:

To summarize...

I am not ashamed to admit that I may have experienced an erection upon hearing this news.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Now things are getting really exciting! Even without WTC Towers one, two, and three being built yet, in height ranks if this project were to be completed in the present day, this will set the Chrysler Building to #4 and the New York Times Tower to #5 (the highest position for a fifth tallest building in NYC history!) With all that is going on, with exception of the disasterous outcome to this point of the MOMA Tower, NYC is making historically agressive progress!
Yup!

Thread title should have height changed to 330M since apparently it's official now...

Very excited for both this and MoMA. We'll have at least two new supertalls in Midtown by 2015; I'm betting we'll see construction rise to street-level on this one by the middle of the year.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 2:20 AM

Its great to see new 1000 footers popping out in NYC, Can't wait to see rending for this tower. ^^^ you forgot about girasole tower and what about other tower that proposed near ESB, and couple of others

Last edited by Bucktown718; Jan 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
Yup!

Thread title should have height changed to 330M since apparently it's official now...

Very excited for both this and MoMA. We'll have at least two new supertalls in Midtown by 2015; I'm betting we'll see construction rise to street-level on this one by the middle of the year.
the permit says 953ft (to the roof), so i guess the additional 130ft will be a crown or something similar.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 1:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSL View Post
Recent article:

To summarize...

That's the same article that was posted last fall, but we haven't had a follow up since then. When we get an official unveiling, then we can go with those numbers. For now it's still a 900 footer. Either way, it's soon to be the third tallest tower under construction in the country (behind Tower 4) or second (behind Freedom Tower), pushing the Beekman tower to 4th place. Suddenly the "lean" years of construction don't look so lean.

No updates on Portzamparc's website, but info on some earlier plans...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 11:42 PM
JoeCooper

Even at 953 feet, it would be taller than the American International Building even if only by one foot!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive