HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
PS. Thanks for the awesome waterfront updates Aaamazarite! Wow the waterfront is booming. It's really gonna be a great place in a couple of years if this pace continues.
The waterfronts of BOTH rivers.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 3:02 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Found a rendering of PREIT's planned rehab of the beat-up old building at the nw corner of 15th/Walnut

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Could a Huge Catering Facility Be Coming to The Met?
Thursday, July 24, 2014, by James Jennings

There are some interesting developments going on at the Metropolitan Opera House on North Broad Street. You know it simply as The Met. Chris Cordaro of EB Realty Management Corporation tells us that they are currently in negotiations to convert the lower level of the building into a large catering facility. "We're in discussions now about the size," said Cordaro when contacted by phone. Although nothing is solid quite yet, he noted that it could be up to 20,000 square feet in size. EB Realty — you know, Eric Blumenfeld's company — owns the property along with Holy Ghost Headquarters Church. Cordaro also mentioned that Holy Ghost, led by Reverend Mark A. Hatcher, will also have a separate space for services. What's more, Cordaro explained that they're looking to add a bakery, a restaurant, some office space and a grand banquet area in addition to the planned event space, which is still being developed.

Remember how we brought you the news they were busy blasting the graffiti off of The Divine Lorraine? Well, it looks like The Met has gotten a scrub down on the Broad Street and Poplar Street sides of the building, both had large tags as recently as October of last year. Cordaro mentioned there is no set timeline for the project but they were "very pleased" with the renderings supplied by Stokes Architecture.
Full article, with working links and stuff: http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...to-the-met.php

Holy Ghost is also, in fact, a decent indie band.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 10:14 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Some Chestnut East progress posted on Philadelphia Speaks

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 10:33 AM

Dilworth Plaza update

[/IMG][IMG]IMG_0835 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0844 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0841 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0843 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0836 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 1:11 PM

Wow, Dilworth Plaza is starting to look really nice! Thanks for posting these!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 4:10 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopoqod View Post
Maybe the answer is already on here somewhere else, but does anyone know why City Hall doesn't show up on the Philadelphia skyscraper diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=326)?

It's on the timeline diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...hname=timeline), so clearly the problem isn't that nobody's ever drawn it, but for some reason it's missing from the general diagram, even though it's the ninth tallest building in the city (for now anyway... it'll be 11th after CITC and FMC are done).

I feel like I can't have been the first one to notice this, so maybe there's a reason, it just seems weird that it's missing, especially since it was Philly's de facto height limit for such a long time.
I've noticed this too and it drives me nuts. A few years back it was there, and the diagram was great. IDK who did the diagram, or why it's not listed any longer. Maybe it was accidentally erased, or the website db was updated and broke the query that would pull it up?

I wish I knew. One thing is for certain that I personally, am not talented enough to make a new one. I wish I was, because I'd bang out a ton of diagrams if I could.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Wow, Dilworth Plaza is starting to look really nice! Thanks for posting these!
No problem, I'm waiting for the grassy areas to go in - to bring some color to the area --green! The new trees are nice. The grass will do it. But I imagine grass is the last thing to be added.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 4:46 PM

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 2:06 PM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 1:51 AM

Logan Square

21st and Race town homes:

Before:

Underway:

renderings from JKR Partners

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 2:11 PM

^^^ how did they make that tree younger?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 12:07 PM
BANNED

Did people see the CDC proposal document for 1601 vine? finally real renderings and deals on the mormon developed apt complex that will fill in that parking lot. Im assuming financing wont be an issue at all.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 1:25 PM

nice link if this ever happens

http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/planning

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
Found a rendering of PREIT's planned rehab of the beat-up old building at the nw corner of 15th/Walnut

Nice. I have to say, though, that I live right near there and am having trouble picturing what the existing building looks like now! This isn't the LA Fitness building, is it?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Nice. I have to say, though, that I live right near there and am having trouble picturing what the existing building looks like now! This isn't the LA Fitness building, is it?
Oh, this is the building from philly.com: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ut-corner.html

Great! That building really needs it!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM

The 15th and Walnut hole seems interminable. I haven't been that way in a week or so, any concrete or steel yet? The good news is b/c they are digging so deep I have to think that the basement floor is going be a large shopping floor for a fairly big tenant (come on TopShop!)--no other reason to excavate so incredibly deep for a 5-story building.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
The 15th and Walnut hole seems interminable. I haven't been that way in a week or so, any concrete or steel yet? The good news is b/c they are digging so deep I have to think that the basement floor is going be a large shopping floor for a fairly big tenant (come on TopShop!)--no other reason to excavate so incredibly deep for a 5-story building.
I should have taken a picture, but they're built up the retaining walls all around the perimeter and seem to have just about finished digging and leveling. I'd imagine they will start pouring concrete and all of that shortly.

Fingers crossed for TopShop! I wonder if LA Fitness really moves to the third floor of this building what their space could become..? It is a pretty large, grand building.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 3:15 PM

la fitness and rehab across the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanChris View Post
I should have taken a picture, but they're built up the retaining walls all around the perimeter and seem to have just about finished digging and leveling. I'd imagine they will start pouring concrete and all of that shortly.

Fingers crossed for TopShop! I wonder if LA Fitness really moves to the third floor of this building what their space could become..? It is a pretty large, grand building.
l

la fitness is in the Drexel Banking building, a really wonderful adaptation of a 15th c. Italian Renaissance Palazzo. the rehab building across walnut st is where louie kahn had his architectural office on the second floor.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetrella802 View Post
l

la fitness is in the Drexel Banking building, a really wonderful adaptation of a 15th c. Italian Renaissance Palazzo. the rehab building across walnut st is where louie kahn had his architectural office on the second floor.
I'm talking about the new building at the southeast corner. The same article that posted a new image of the cheesecake factory on the 2nd floor with a TopShop on the first floor had LA Fitness on the top, 3rd floor...

Outside of Cheesecake Factory, all of that could be fake/speculation. I was merely commenting on the fact that I hoped TopShop would be true and IF LA Fitness was true to, what would go in its 'former' space across the street.

Edit to add: (Image is too big to embed)
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...at-15th-walnut

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development