HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:01 PM

Although, apparently Tucson feels it has a chance to get Amazon.

Tucson woos Amazon with a 21-foot saguaro

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 4:48 PM

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Although, apparently Tucson feels it has a chance to get Amazon.

Tucson woos Amazon with a 21-foot saguaro
I think its valuable to submit this RFP even if we have no chance in hell. If nothing else, it raises Tucson's visibility to Amazon for the future and possibly other companies as well!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 12:44 AM

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 4:26 PM

CVS out, Starbucks in......may be

https://www.azpm.org/p/home-articles...town-building/

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 6:03 PM

Rio Nuevo Wants 150KSF Mixed-Use Developer

Its been discussed on this thread, but this is a good article that provides a little a more detail:

A new RFP hit the street last Friday from the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District seeking a developer to create a new mixed-use project on 0.6 acres at Broadway Boulevard between Scott and 6th avenues in Tucson.

The district is looking for a minimum of an eight-story development with at least 150KSF of Class A retail and office space with retail/restaurant operations fronting on Broadway. Required parking will be at least 500 spaces. Thirty spaces will have to be available for the district to use at any time for any purpose. Vehicle entry points will be from Scott and 6th.

Street-level amenities to be considered include walkability and connection to transit stops and pedestrian/bike paths. The design and aesthetics must also fit with surrounding developments.

The district wants construction to start within 12 months of the award and take fewer than 18 months to complete.

Old Posted Today, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
Rio Nuevo Wants 150KSF Mixed-Use Developer

Its been discussed on this thread, but this is a good article that provides a little a more detail:

A new RFP hit the street last Friday from the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District seeking a developer to create a new mixed-use project on 0.6 acres at Broadway Boulevard between Scott and 6th avenues in Tucson.

The district is looking for a minimum of an eight-story development with at least 150KSF of Class A retail and office space with retail/restaurant operations fronting on Broadway. Required parking will be at least 500 spaces. Thirty spaces will have to be available for the district to use at any time for any purpose. Vehicle entry points will be from Scott and 6th.

Street-level amenities to be considered include walkability and connection to transit stops and pedestrian/bike paths. The design and aesthetics must also fit with surrounding developments.

The district wants construction to start within 12 months of the award and take fewer than 18 months to complete.
Yes, I like it. Instead of maximum height limit and NIMBY approved, it's minimum height and sky's the limit.

I'd wished to see more of these types of proposals. Finally.

Old Posted Today, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Yes, I like it. Instead of maximum height limit and NIMBY approved, it's minimum height and sky's the limit.

I'd wished to see more of these types of proposals. Finally.
I imagine 4-5 floors would be parking, and 3 + would be actual building (non-garage). Moving forward after this development, I hope developers don't get too carried away with garage/building combos. This RFP and the new AC Marriott are already in close proximity. Could this be the development that will be greater than or equal to 10 floors in downtown Tucson?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest