HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 3:11 AM

Broadway Park Lofts

I have never noticed this before, but thought that it looked kind of cool. This picture is from the parking terrace for Walker Center looking down behind the Walker Center.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 3:22 AM

That's interesting. It looks pretty new, those skylights don't seem to be on google maps either. Anyone been in the lobby (or whatever is under that part) recently?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
I think that would be a mistake. You would have to analyze whether the high unemployment rate is coming from other factors such as high taxes, excessive regulation, high energy prices or excessively restrictive land-use policies. While going to a state could provide some attractive short term benefits from cheap labor, it could be a big negative if the states fundamentals aren't business friendly.
Of course, one would take a LOT of things into account when locating a business. What I was pointing out is that just having low unemployment on its own isn't necessarily a reason to move your business to a state.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Of course, one would take a LOT of things into account when locating a business. What I was pointing out is that just having low unemployment on its own isn't necessarily a reason to move your business to a state.
Oh, yeah, with out a doubt. I was just thinking that our unemployment was a result of the responsible economic growth we have been having for the past few years. We managed not to have a housing bouble like Phoenix and we have weathered the recession really well. If I were a business owner I would definitely choose Portland over Utah any day due to how educated they are and how progressive they are.
Utah still has A LOT of potential however.

This article cheered me up a bit. http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...oma-jobs_N.htm

Last edited by Justnslcsugarhood.; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:15 AM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 1:10 PM

Salt Lake City Part I: Introduction

Check out Tony's latest photo contribution

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172641

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justnslcsugarhood. View Post
Oh, yeah, with out a doubt. I was just thinking that our unemployment was a result of the responsible economic growth we have been having for the past few years. We managed not to have a housing bouble like Phoenix and we have weathered the recession really well. If I were a business owner I would definitely choose Portland over Utah any day due to how educated they are and how progressive they are.
Utah still has A LOT of potential however.

This article cheered me up a bit. http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...oma-jobs_N.htm
Utah did have a housing bubble. It wasn't as extreme as Phoenix, Las Vegas or Miami, but we definitely did. When my neighbors house supposedly went up in value over $150k in the span of one year, you know somethings not right.

Utah has the 5th highest foreclosure rate in the nation now because of our housing bubble.

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_13055064

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Utah did have a housing bubble. It wasn't as extreme as Phoenix, Las Vegas or Miami, but we definitely did. When my neighbors house supposedly went up in value over $150k in the span of one year, you know somethings not right.

Utah has the 5th highest foreclosure rate in the nation now because of our housing bubble.

I think St. George was hit pretty hard.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:48 PM

Quote:

That's exactly what I said. It wasn't as bad as Phoenix's

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:49 PM

Beerhive -old news?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

I don't know if this is old news or just an update. But, it's about the new higher-end bar 'Beerhive' opening on Main Street.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 4:54 PM

more decline?

This article is about the decline in office, retail, industrial, apartments vacancy, etc. It is almost a month old. So, maybe it has improved slightly since then.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 5:13 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what I said. It wasn't as bad as Phoenix's
That's not exactly what you said. Obviously, your choice of words weren't clear otherwise I wouldn't have taken your words as other than you meant.

Quote:
We managed not to have a housing bouble like Phoenix...
I took this to mean, "We managed not to have a housing bubble [at all] like Phoenix [did]." When apparently you meant, "We managed not to have a housing bubble [as severe] as Phoenix [did]."

Even still, I don't know how you could use "NOT to have a housing bubble" in regards to Utah, even if saying it wasn't as extreme when our housing bubble was pretty bad, in my opinion.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

I don't know if this is old news or just an update. But, it's about the new higher-end bar 'Beerhive' opening on Main Street.
Awesome! I like the way Main street is developing! More classy, at least in my opinion, bars and developments seem to be coming to Main!!!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 6:08 PM

So, what's the news about the condos that are being developed west of the Gateway? I have been exited about this development! Does anyone else think it will add to how the Gateway district looks from the freeway?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 7:27 PM

Alright, hopefully this will be the last time we have to do this:

Oddfellows move is back on again. Tomorrow, the building should be pulled across the street beginning at 9. It should take 3-6 hrs. Let's place bets on how fast Layton and Merrit can piss each other off this time. I have faith this time around, the road is closed and they are actually working today.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post

Oddfellows move is back on again. Tomorrow, the building should be pulled across the street beginning at 9. It should take 3-6 hrs. Let's place bets on how fast Layton and Merrit can piss each other off this time. I have faith this time around, the road is closed and they are actually working today.
*CROSSES FINGERS*

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 9:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:

HOOOOOOORRAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 10:56 PM

Anyone have any pictures of Marmalade?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:

ok i admit i don't know much about oddfellows and its moving...but from the sounds of what everyone says it sounds like it is doing the hokey pokey to me--does that mean it will be shaking all about soon?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 12:29 AM

I drove by it the other day. It's not very noteworthy at all. There are a couple small buildings on the west side of 300 west that are nearing completion. Nothing special really. The cool stuff on the east side will probably not start for a while, maybe a year or two or longer, who knows.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 3:55 AM

Quote:

This is fantastic news...finally!!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West