HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
that's what i heard. all i know really is that they used a smoke machine instead of setting an actual fire.
Interesting... I had no idea... Learn something new every day

Old Posted Mar 3, 2012, 11:25 PM

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I drove by JUMP this afternoon, and I saw that they're starting to tear up the ground around the warehouse.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 6:37 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...lots-jump.html

Construction of Simplots' JUMP project in Downtown Boise starts to show
By Sandra Forester — sforester@idahostatesman.com
Posted: 10:14am on Mar 5, 2012; Modified: 10:27am on Mar 5, 2012

Construction of Jack’s Urban Meeting Place in Downtown Boise will become visible to passers-by as crews begin taking down the Compton warehouse building at 9th and Front streets this week.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 11:54 PM

thanks for posting the article cottonwood

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 9:13 PM

As reported in the Statesman today, there's a new webcam up and running of JUMP construction. The cam is located in the Simplot headquarters in the One Capital Center building. Not much to look at yet, but it should get interesting...

http://www.dwpwebcams.com/jump/

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 7:41 PM

awesome!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

JUMP updates in DSLR and as usual, cloudy and rainy.

just a few because of the rain that would not stop today.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 1:05 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

D-p
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 5:08 PM

cool. Looking forward to more photos when the warehouse comes down.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 9:35 PM

more at the link.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...molition-phase

Simplot JUMP Project Begins Demolition Phase

Posted by Andrew Crisp on Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM

The team behind JUMP, the Simplot family's urban multipurpose events space, has begun the first phases of the major construction project.

Jack's Urban Meeting Place - designed to pay homage to the late J.R. Simplot - will feature a 7.5-acre parcel in the heart of Boise's downtown and will house a six-story, 65,000-square-foot structure and more than three acres of green space.

Today, the project welcomed members of the media to the building site to witness the initial stages of construction. Lambert Construction removed the roof from the structure currently standing on the property, just off Ninth Street. The building was an old stockyard from the 1940s, and stands adjacent to a rail line that bisected the asphalted piece of land.

The crews will begin work on construction as early as April of this year. Operations manager Dan Drinkward with Hoffman Construction, the company in overall charge of the property, said the entire project could be completed as early as summer 2014.

"Each day the site will have 120 construction jobs out here in total, with about 1,000 in the construction phase overall," said Drinkward.

Parking for the development will be provided by 450 spaces in an underground lot, as well as 100 spaces above-ground. The building will extend along a 400-foot stretch of Myrtle Street.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 10:56 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Woo-hoo!!!!!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 2:44 AM

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 1:58 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Hey has anyone else seen this rendering? This is the first time I've seen it. This actually might be my favorite rendition I've seen so far of the structure.

http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/143910406.html

jump by N437QX, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 2:12 PM

Nope, haven't seen that one before...interesting. I like it, though it's hard to grasp what's all going on. This is a building that I think we just need to see built before a decent opinion can be completely formed. Good to see that they could possibly have nixed all the bright red though, minus the hokey tractor on the bottom left.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 2:20 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
Nope, haven't seen that one before...interesting. I like it, though it's hard to grasp what's all going on. This is a building that I think we just need to see built before a decent opinion can be completely formed. Good to see that they could possibly have nixed all the bright red though, minus the hokey tractor on the bottom left.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, it's quite difficult picturing what this building is going to look like in real life when it's done. I've seen so many different renderings, models and variations of concepts that it has gotten a bit confusing. Oh well, that makes following the construction especially interesting.

I can't wait to see what downtown is going to look like in 2014. For better or worse (and me always being the optimist, I have to think for better), we're likely going to see more change to downtown in the next two years than we've seen in the last 10.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 2:34 PM

This new rendering is just screaming for some accent lighting, then they could more subtly change the color of the building however they see fit, or go full out and make it look like Tron, either way that would ice it for me.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 3:36 PM

I kind of like that rendering and have not seen it before now. It does need more color though...maybe it is just a scaled down rendering minus the color scheme to show the details of the building? Overall I am excited that this project has finally begun. A huge urban park like this with new buildings for artists right smack dab in downtown is a huge asset to the city, one many cities do not have. This is a link in the path Boise is on to becoming the artistic/creative center of the MW.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 6:02 PM
All man. Half nuts.

fyi, the JUMP construction cam is up and working.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 5:00 AM

I am, as with most of you, confused on what this building REALLY is going to look like. Anybody notice on that video how they flashed an old rendering as well?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 5:48 PM
Dare Mighty Things

I sent this question to JUMP on their facebook website, and here was the response I got:

BoiseAirport: "...I've seen a lot of concepts, renderings and models showing the evolution of the design, and the only thing I'm wondering is, which is the most current one that most accurately reflects how the finished project will look when construction is complete?"

JUMP: "We are anxiously awaiting an updated model and professional renderings that will more accurately reflect the final project. Until then, the in-house rendering shown on the KIVI news clip above provides the best glimpse of the most current design. We will be excited to share the new collateral in the near future, which will provide more detail, exterior finishes, lighting, and park setting."

Very cool, so it sounds like the above rendering is the latest so far, and we'll soon see more!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West