HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 11:23 AM

March 2015:
035 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

September 2017:
Untitled by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 12:23 PM
BANNED

digital signs being installed on 11th street side

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
digital signs being installed on 11th street side
Awesome! I've been wondering when they would install those.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 6:05 PM

Update on more signed leases

Quote:
MOM’s Organic Market debuted on Sept. 8 as East Market development’s first operating tenant. The grocer is one of the anchors for the project that takes up the entire block of 1100 Market Street.

“The area is very densely populated and the demographics are good,” MOM’s CEO Scott Nash said of why he took the gamble on opening there. “Most dense urban areas don’t have great grocery options, and we wanted to fill that gap in Center City. After opening a little more than two weeks ago, we’re really satisfied with how things are going. Sales have been good.”

In addition to MOM’s Organic, other confirmed tenants with signed leases include: Iron Hill Brewery, City Fitness, TJ Maxx, AT&T, District Taco, Federal Donuts, and a Wawa. Another local sit-down restaurant, not yet announced, is also in the mix.

Killinger, of Washington D.C.-based National Real Estate, said he pitched the East Market project five years ago and it falls in line with his Washington D.C.-based company’s other “big, transformative projects across the country.”

“What National is looking for is all here in Philadelphia — with the transportation hub, barriers to entry, job growth, population density,” Killinger said of the four-acre site that was formerly the Girard Estate. “This is the retail activity with the kind of density that we envisioned.
Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170926.html

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 6:49 PM
BANNED

^what is this lease announcement day?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 8:20 PM

mmikey ..... I need a fix ..... An up dated over head shot can cure my pain

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 8:29 PM
Philly Pholly

It would be a good time for maybe TallCoolOne to get some update pics of the new plazas and signage?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 9:09 PM

For Gonzo :-)

MarketEast_09:25:17

They are starting the steel for floors 13 & 14

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
mmikey ..... I need a fix ..... An up dated over head shot can cure my pain
You can get an update fix every 12 or so minutes, if you want:

East Market Overhead Construction Webcam

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 11:21 PM

Openings at East Market

Quote:
Killinger focused on the tenants who have recently opened or will take up residence soon in East Market. MOM’s Organic Market, which opened two weeks ago, is already posting huge sales figures during the work week. This, he said, stands in sharp contrast to the chain’s other stores, which are in suburban locations and do their biggest business on the weekend. The addition of some 1,000 new residents in East Market’s residential towers should help get the store’s weekend business up, he added.

Those residents will start moving into the first of the two residential towers to be completed in East Market’s first phase this winter. The 323-unit building designed by BLT Architects will also have a T.J. Maxx/Home Goods store as a primary retail tenant. A second, 240-unit tower now under construction should be ready for move-in by next summer. An Iron Hill brewpub will anchor one corner while a Wawa will hold down the other. Killinger suggested the convenience store was a key amenity for the residents, up there with the lap pool, vegetable gardens and other amenities designed to appeal to upmarket tenants. “How do you rent 600 apartment units? You put a Wawa on the ground floor,” he said.

City Fitness, which will occupy the entire second floor of this building, may prove an even more important amenity for residents of Market East, however.

The interior pedestrian promenade the Iron Hill brewpub will face also contributes to National Development’s overall goal of making East Market a destination for more than its residents.

The design professions dominate the office tenants that are moving into 1100 Ludlow. Bohlin Cywinski Jackson Architects has already moved into its sixth-floor space, and the design center that will replace the former Marketplace Design Center will open its doors next month. Killinger also announced that National Development itself would move its offices here from Washington, where parent company National Real Estate Advisors is based.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...EGtWGHUqKeX.99

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
You can get an update fix every 12 or so minutes, if you want:

East Market Overhead Construction Webcam

Ok thanks . I just did that 10:12pm . Tower one all lit up inside . Complete or
not , it looks great .

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 12:33 PM
BANNED

This is by far the most detail we have seen on the timeline and tenants for this project.

The Ludlow website has rents and layouts now. A studio is almost $1800 and a 1BR is over $1900 if I remember correctly. The site isn't that great, very few renderings of what the building will look like.

The continue to install the digital displays on the first building- now they are working on the western sign.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 1:20 PM

[QUOTE=GtownFriend;7934119]For Gonzo :-)

Thanks for that great shot Gtown ...... Now if they can just get that 547'er at 13&Market , the tower atop the Gallery
and something REALLY substantial at 8th.&Market ......

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 1:47 PM

I think that with the success of these two towers, we'll see a better chance of tenants signing onto 1301 Market. It's a prime location, and will only go up in value.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 2:02 PM

Quote:
The continue to install the digital displays on the first building- now they are working on the western sign.
Why not snap/share some photos on your way to your city-funded job?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 2:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Why not snap/share some photos on your way to your city-funded job?
I don't work for the city and the photo posting process is more cumbersome than I would like. You act like most people on this site aren't downtown often. I'm sure photos will go up soon enough.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 11:41 PM

State AG moves Philly office to Phoenix building from East Market site slated for hotel

Quote:
The Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General is moving its Philadelphia regional office from the historic Stephen Girard Building near 12th and Market Streets, now part of the East Market redevelopment site, to the Phoenix building at 1600 Arch St.

The state prosecutor’s Philadelphia staff will occupy the third and fourth floors of the Phoenix condo and office building, encompassing 33,000 square feet, Jason Kramer of Binswanger Management Corp. said in an interview this week.

The move should occur before the end of the year, said Kramer, who helped broker the lease with Josh Haber, also of Binswanger, and Wayne Fisher of Newmark Knight Frank.

About 70 employees will work in the new space, attorney general’s office spokesman Joe Grace said.

The move comes amid plans by Washington, D.C.-based National Real Estate Development to convert the Stephen Girard building into a hotel as part of its East Market mixed-use project along Market Street between 11th and 12th Streets.
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170928.html

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:18 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
I don't work for the city and the photo posting process is more cumbersome than I would like. You act like most people on this site aren't downtown often. I'm sure photos will go up soon enough.
Quit whining and nut up.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:51 AM

9/28/2017

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Quit whining and nut up.
suspend yourself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive