HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
To add to that, what you see in that old image is not going to be built as shown. The portion of RF side shown in that image is going to have the 1930's era facade with windows in walls. They have already framed-in the walls on the second level, much like you see at Addison & Clark under the marquee. You can see it here in picture 9 of 27 - https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2019...te-january-5#8 I cannot believe that they would build that out this year, only to rip it out next.

From what I have read, it is likely that rather than a 2 level with terrace-on-top structure, there will be a 1 level structure, roughly the size of the old Captain Morgan's club, but (hopefully?) more in keeping with the stadium design - think the new Gallagher Way entrance.
Bummed at the news of the annex. I was wondering if it would lead to a Cubs/Wrigley Museum ala Reds Hall of Fame and Museum and Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum. Scattered artifact displays around the park is okay but was hoping for something more interactive.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 5:35 AM

Hey, did you see that? Brewers wants to keep Cubs fans out of Miller Park. That's not acceptable! It's not very nice to Cubbies fans. Those Cubs fans want to go to the games.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brewers...015755504.html

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 12:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hey, did you see that? Brewers wants to keep Cubs fans out of Miller Park. That's not acceptable! It's not very nice to Cubbies fans. Those Cubs fans want to go to the games.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brewers...015755504.html
the nationals did this to phillies fans a few years ago, when we would outnumber their fans in their park. seems discriminatory to me. a better answer would be to have a team that the local fans want to come out to see.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 3:22 PM
પટેલ. કે ન

I know plenty of people in Wisconsin. I can have them buy me 20 seats at face value for me and my family and friends for a game. We usually do it once a year, Now I will try to do it twice because of this move.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2019, 4:13 AM

Wrigley Aerials view of the Upper Level enhancements, including a new outdoor concourse, new concessions and new men's, women's and family restrooms. (The left field portion of the new Upper Level outdoor concourse is scheduled to be completed by Opening Day 2019, and the right field portion is scheduled to open in May 2019.)

Old Posted Mar 3, 2019, 1:45 AM

Walked down Addison tonight from Southport ... Oh ... Em ... Gee ... that shit suburban Taco Hell is history. Demolition fencing was up. Shitty little squirt of Schaumburg was gone.

Stopped into Dutch & Doc's to celebrate and admire the new urban feel of that corner.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 9:18 PM

I took a detour through the neighborhood on Sunday and saw that Gold Crown Liquors has moved to the north and there is fencing up between Roscoe and Newport on Clark. I vaguely remember seeing something about a development here but can't remember what it was or find it. Any news?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 9:42 PM

That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
That is all part of the CTA Red Purple Modernization Program (Brown Line flyover). They are demo'ing the remaining buildings in the path and moving one.
Actually, only red line stop at Addison station, not purple line or brown line.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Yes, but the Brown line intersects with the Red and Purple lines right after Addison which causes a serious bottleneck during rush hour service.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 2:44 PM

Quote:
That is correct, but Handro's reference was to Gold Crown Liquors, which has moved since their building was torn down last year along with a dozen others for the CTA project. The remaining buildings that need to be torn down for the flyover are coming down now. They are also starting work on moving major utilities. Clark is currently closed at Roscoe

Major construction is supposed to begin late 2019.

Meanwhile, the Addison station is only partially open due to a different construction project. No stops on Northbound side and Southbound stop is on East side of platform. Also Purple Line is stopping at Addison during construction. ClusterF*ck. Started last Friday and is supposed to wrap up on March 30.

Cubs home opener is April 8. and it is fascinating to watch the tremendous mess get cleaned up. Old sod was ripped out yesterday.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:12 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Darn, was hoping for something good. Lots of empty lots in that corner of the hood now...
Once the flyover project is completed, I'm sure the CTA will sell off the remaining land for development. But yeah, for the next several years, the area around Clark/Roscoe/Sheffield will be quite a disaster zone!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:18 PM

Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:54 PM

But Sports World is still there? Which absolutely is not worth anything. So lovely, that new building, at one of the greatest intersections on the planet, which could have held that corner in an iconic way, is instead wasted with nothing to show for it.

What's the best we can hope for now? Someone puts in a 3 story bar to cover up those blank walls? And for the love of God, replace Sports World at the same time and at least try to do something good there.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 12:22 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardL View Post
Remember the wee auto body shop squeezed in between the shit t-shirt shop on the corner of Clark and Addison and the new thing with Cinemex and the bowling alley? It was supposed to be a careful re-do, preserving the existing masonry bldg with a new rooftop deck. Fresh air and margaritas and all that.

Just walked past on my way to a nice pint at D&D's. Demolished. Cratered. Not sure what the new plan is but for the love of sweet jesus take that fucking billboard pylon out with the rest of the rubbish.

Do wonder what is to come at this lot ...
I’m not aware that there was ever a plan to preserve that auto body shop. The plan is to redevelop it into a restaurant/bar, possibly with a second story, if memory serves

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:23 AM

The rendering showed the building being redeveloped, not demolished. If they were just going to sell out and tear down, they could have done that earlier when it mattered.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:24 PM

The images originally posted showed the building re-purposed as a bar/restaurant space. Supposedly CVS is coming to the spot, according to AlpacaObsessor. That makes me think that money talks. CVS is a steadier source of rent income than a bar. It will be pretty small though. Smart in a way, the closest CVS is on Southport, the closest Walgreen's are on Broadway/Waveland and Sheridan/IrvingPark. Weirdly underserved area for a drug store.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:26 PM

Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:03 PM

If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development