HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 1:33 AM
visionary

well tonight I hope I am wrong.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 6:49 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

hahaha glendale just got riped off hahahahahaha

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 7:51 AM
BANNED

This whole Phoenix Coyotes stay or go saga was like watching the TV series LOST where you ended up with more questions than answers.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
Youth of a Nation

$197 Million from a city roughly +250,000 over the next 6 years. Coyotes are already projected to lose $25 Million this season. All in the name to save Bettmens ass suggesting that his decision to move teams wasn't a bad idea.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2010, 4:54 AM
Home of Hyperchange

So after 2 years of uncertainty, and many years before of "poor management" and just a shitty deal in general, the Coyotes have their big agreement approved last night. The team is saved, they have an awesome new manager who is going to totally turn things around, and things are just great in the desert now. How does the team respond in their first game?

They lose. 3-nothing. TO FUCKING NEW JERSEY.

Yeah, this is a great omen.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 7:17 PM

What's truly amazing is that this has been pulled off and yet the tax base, which is what, a quarter of a million people? apparently couldn't care less. Wasn't that whole Tea Party thing built around whining about taxes? Why aren't they up in arms about this?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 9:13 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

be surprized how many people out there don't pay attention beyound whats going on within 10feet of them if that

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 12:04 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Apparently on this day in 1980 the Winnipeg Jets ended a 30 game losing streak before 11,500 faithful at the old barn.

One of the longest losing streaks in professional sports history, and still we managed to outdraw the championship Coyotes in attendance.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 6:36 AM
BANNED

What's sad is the Islander's 7600 fans this past Thursday was 300 less than what the Moose had (7900) in the MTS Centre Friday night.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
What's sad is the Islander's 7600 fans this past Thursday was 300 less than what the Moose had (7900) in the MTS Centre Friday night.
I've been to MooseHEADS games that have had that kind of attendance. Hell, the Quebec Remparts draw about 10k a game.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 6:28 PM
BANNED

Has anyone heard anything on the sale of the coyotes to Hulsizer of late? Has the city of Glendale even raised $$ in their bond sale? Has the NHL B of G voted on this flawed deal? I hear AZ is in real bad shape and the situation there will get a lot worse before it gets better, not exactly somewhere you would choose to buy/place a sports team.

Last edited by rrskylar; Jan 10, 2011 at 9:24 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 6:40 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

According to my friend, who is following this a lot more closely than myself, he said that despite Glendale voting in favour to keep the team with that guy buying it, nothing has been signed. I don't know what he meant by that, but he also said that news about the Coyotes is imminent.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 6:44 PM
surely you agree with me

^ next couple of weeks.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 6:50 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Deals like this take time to close. Looks like it is pretty secure.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...d-january.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 7:34 PM
BANNED

They have been "close" to a deal that is "imminent" for how many years now????

Once it's signed off is when I will accept it; otherwise it's still just a three-ringed circus putting on the show under the big top.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 9:25 PM
BANNED

On another note, anyone thinking of relocating to Arizona, read this first:

http://harpers.org/archive/2010/07/0083023

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 12:41 AM

I thought the definate deadline was Dec 31st! If the wasn't done by then, the team was to sold to another interested party. [Thompson- Chipman]

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 1:38 AM

It won't be Phoenix we get it's Atlanta. Sportsnet reported the new atlanta owners will sell to the NHL who will flip the club to tnse for next season to start here!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDBO View Post
I thought the definate deadline was Dec 31st! If the wasn't done by then, the team was to sold to another interested party. [Thompson- Chipman]
Yes, but only if Glendale had not found a buyer by then.

According to the deal they signed with the NHL, they completed that side by MH placing in the $25M "downpayment", getting approved by the executive committee BOG, and also having a somewhat unfinished lease approved by city council.

The NHL has taken this as goodwill on the CoG's part & on MH's part that he will purchase the team, as such, the official stance is there is nothing involving relocation in the books.

There are RUMORS regarding the Thrashers coming to the Peg (logic would say they are) but these are just rumors thus far,

and MH seems to be close to purchasing the Yotes (AZ sources say it will be done this week or next week some time)

However, there is a watchdog group that could theoretically stall the deal, which might put the NHL in the hot seat, and the entire BOG has not yet approved MH as an owner (although the assumption is that it will). So far, there is question as to whether or not the bonds will be sold, but ultimately, the NHL is really the only one who knows what's going on...

Its a waiting game right now

What is expected to happen? We're hoping the NHL comes...no, RETURNS to the Peg this fall...

but it is expected the Thrashers will stay in Atlanta, as they have already started booking 2011-2012 season tickets on their website,

and the Yotes sale is expected to finish with MH getting his bond money to make a payment to the NHL.

Garry Bettman said in the "Why Not Canada" video series however, that if someone has interest or puts forward something to buy the team, (indicating TNSE since it was the Winnipeg segment) then they sign NDA's or Non Disclosure Agreements, stating they do not talk or refuse comments regarding anything until it is made "official" by the NHL.

Plus, TNSE has also said that they do not believe the "Ballsilie route" and they respect the NHLs wishes over everything else.

So, the bottom line is, until the NHL makes it official, we will not know 100& sure. As these months pass, we might get from 90%...to 95%...to 99%...to 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% through the media, TNSE's moves, and rumors etc...

but we will not know for sure till the NHL makes it official, because TNSE would have signed NDAs and they will not say a single thing until the NHL says so....

this is all part of professionalism, and the NHL has nothing but the utmost respect for those who follow this. You can guarantee Mark Chipman believes the same thing, and GB respects him a lot as a result. This creates good word, and ultimately sends the opposite effect that Ballsilie did.

JB could learn from this, and I think he has after THREE times realized his erroneous ways (I hope...I would love to see Hamilton cop a team after Winnipeg and Quebec City)

So yeah. TNSE will say nothing until the NHL says something, and this is really the bottom line.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 5:02 AM
surely you agree with me

phoenix is over...its atlanta.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan