HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Cedar Creek

This is eiether across the street from Southgate City or a part of it.
Cedar Creek is across the street and a different developer.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 3:30 AM

Thanks.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 5:32 PM

Cedar Creek developer was ledmac, but they used Marcon to actually build it out.

So cedar Creek and Southgate city will be both Ledmac, but Ledmac is known for using Marcon to build things

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 1:05 AM

I got a card in the mail - the first tower is 30 storeys with a 4 storey low rise and is called Azure.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I got a card in the mail - the first tower is 30 storeys with a 4 storey low rise and is called Azure.
Are they building Azure and the two other towers on the island simultaneously? Seems like it will take 20 years to complete all those towers if they do it one at a time.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpark View Post
Are they building Azure and the two other towers on the island simultaneously? Seems like it will take 20 years to complete all those towers if they do it one at a time.
I don't know how much is being built at the same time but from the beginning they planned the whole site to be a 15 - 20 year build out.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I don't know how much is being built at the same time but from the beginning they planned the whole site to be a 15 - 20 year build out.
I'm hoping they build those three towers on the island at the same time like Gilmore place or Oakridge. If not, it will take longer than 15 years to build. I don't know how people will think about living in a construction zone for 20 years

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 7:18 AM
perhaps . . .

Pick any high-rise or high-density neighbourhood in Metro and you have a place where people have been living in a zone of high construction activity for 15, 20, 20+ years. Its more typical than not.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
Pick any high-rise or high-density neighbourhood in Metro and you have a place where people have been living in a zone of high construction activity for 15, 20, 20+ years. Its more typical than not.
Some have. The trick is to move in during the late stages.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Some have. The trick is to move in during the late stages.
That's true, and I do see this neighbourhood being infinitely better than river district considering it's a 10 minute walk from skytrain and no major highways nearby.

I think buying here in 10 years or so would be perfect for people that want to live in a quiet condo community.

Last edited by jasonpark; Dec 20, 2021 at 8:09 AM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 5:55 AM

I did some digging. It looks like they're going Azure, Sapphire, Icon, Jade, Ovation first. But not sure which order it will be. They probably changed Cielo to Sapphire because Cielo sounds whack.

Found these coming soon pages on their website:

https://ledmac.com/communities/saphire/
https://ledmac.com/communities/icon/
https://ledmac.com/communities/jade/
https://ledmac.com/communities/ovation/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 6:27 AM

Quote:
I did some digging. It looks like they're going Azure, Sapphire, Icon, Jade, Ovation first. But not sure which order it will be. They probably changed Cielo to Sapphire because Cielo sounds whack.

Found these coming soon pages on their website:

https://ledmac.com/communities/saphire/
https://ledmac.com/communities/icon/
https://ledmac.com/communities/jade/
https://ledmac.com/communities/ovation/
Odd they'd pick Ovation as a name as it's the name of a tower under construction now next to New West Station. Not that all the other names are entirely unique...

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 2:09 PM

I think most of shown names are already used by buildings in Downtown. Not sure that it matters, though.

It would be nice to see them getting going and with multiple towers as there is so much work to do for this area to start resemble anything ready and nice.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 4:09 PM

Quote:

...or because it similar to Cello?

More likely its because precious metals and precious stones (Sapphire, Jade, Emerald,...etc) are an easier tag for the marketing folks to use to sell the building with than some fancy European word or name.

Particularly with the demographic they're hoping to sell them most to.

(also possible likely reason :-

A quick Google search right now throws up 'Cielo Waste Solutions Corp.' (located in downtown Vancouver) as 5 of the top 9 results in the first page, and the last thing you want to be associating your building with is a Waste management and garbage company.
Also doesn't help that two of the other 4 results are for another residential building called "Cielo' in Coal Harbor)

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I think most of shown names are already used by buildings in Downtown. Not sure that it matters, though.

It would be nice to see them getting going and with multiple towers as there is so much work to do for this area to start resemble anything ready and nice.
Oh yeah, I drove past that area yesterday and saw that there's a lot of construction going on. Cedar Creek is still building their last couple of phases. The new elementary school is almost done and the ice rink is on its way as well.

I was surprised at how many low-rise condos there are in that area. The South Gate city presale centre seemed pretty dead though.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 8:06 PM

Burnaby is simply impressive. Imagine if they can ultimately densify the SFH neighbourhood between Southgate and Kingsgate/Kingsway area, this region would become another major city centre.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 10:33 PM

Burnaby's town centre plans downplay the Edmonds Town Centre (at least as a commercial hub) so that it does not compete with Metrotown.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2021, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Burnaby's town centre plans downplay the Edmonds Town Centre (at least as a commercial hub) so that it does not compete with Metrotown.
I don't like how they are calling it southgate city which makes it seem like it's trying to compete with Brentwood or Edmonds. I think this development will be similar to River District. If the developer does not mess up, it will be much more successful than River District considering it has skytrain, a school, and a community centre which river district does not have.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 5:44 AM

I'm wrong, looks like they're calling it Azure II for their second tower hahaha

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 8:35 PM

Quote:
When the area has reached critical density in population, they will have no choice but to upgrade it. It does already have a commercial area around Kingsway. All Burnaby need to do is to expand it to include a few more neighbouring streets. Ultimately, Brentwood, Metrotown, Lougheed, Burquitlam, Edmonds and downtown New West will become one large high-density conurbation. The region will look very impressive.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley