HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 11:23 PM

CTV revamped Crave and all the old shows and movies that used to be on crave are now on the free CTV streaming thing, I haven't looked at it but they run commercials all the time advertising it. Crave now seems to give you an HBO subscription with some movie channels on TV and access to HBO etc online.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
CTV revamped Crave and all the old shows and movies that used to be on crave are now on the free CTV streaming thing, I haven't looked at it but they run commercials all the time advertising it. Crave now seems to give you an HBO subscription with some movie channels on TV and access to HBO etc online.
They have two options, regular crave for $10 and crave with HBO for $20.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
CBC Gem is a pretty good side dish to Netflix. It is not very well known but there's some good content. It's free if you can live with ads, or you can pay to get rid of them.
I must thank you again, I have now signed up for Gem, added it to Kodi and also can now access CBC News Network as well.

Some of you might say, big deal, put up a set of rabbit ears (or digital antenna to the younger set ) But the clincher is, I live in one of those rare places in the country that does not get CBC English coverage. The analog transmitter was not replaced with a digital one, thus no English language CBC. So thanks again my good man!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
CTV revamped Crave and all the old shows and movies that used to be on crave are now on the free CTV streaming thing,
What is that?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 11:39 PM

https://www.ctv.ca/movies

they all look old like spiderman 2, groundhog day etc. They probably put the newer movies on Crave that you have to pay for.

Current Shows and throwback shows like Charlies Angels, The Facts Of Life etc.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
https://www.ctv.ca/movies

they all look old like spiderman 2, groundhog day etc. They probably put the newer movies on Crave that you have to pay for.

Current Shows and throwback shows like Charlies Angels, The Facts Of Life etc.
Thanks for that, I think I had the previous incarnations of it bookmarked for the website (links now dead) but I'm going to take a tour around to see if anybody did anything with Kodi. Thanks for the reminder.

I guess CBC Gem is a rebranding of CBC watch (what they already had) but it led me to a different Kodi Addon. Kodi had addons for CBC News and CBC Sports neither of which worked particularly well, but this new (to me) addon seems to be da bomb when combined with a Gem User/pass

Last edited by elly63; Feb 6, 2019 at 12:53 AM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 2:15 AM

Downloading torrents works the best for me outside of cable. Any movie. Any TV show. Extremely reliable.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 6:35 AM

I can't find torrents anymore, but I haven't bothered to look in a few years.

I don't really watch TV anymore. At my work home we have Shaw and I usually have it on the background either HGTV, Big Bang Theory or CNN. I don't really pay attention to it. At home home I don't watch TV much, we have telus optik in the living room, sometimes I might watch the local news or DIY since we don't get that with Shaw. In my room where I watch mostly I only have youtube and netflix.

I don't bother to follow shows anymore, When I do i just binge watch them when the season ends.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I must thank you again, I have now signed up for Gem, added it to Kodi and also can now access CBC News Network as well.

Some of you might say, big deal, put up a set of rabbit ears (or digital antenna to the younger set ) But the clincher is, I live in one of those rare places in the country that does not get CBC English coverage. The analog transmitter was not replaced with a digital one, thus no English language CBC. So thanks again my good man!
You're welcome. CBC advertises Gem heavily on TV, but no one I know knows about it... I don't think they have gotten the message across that they have their own Netflix-type service.

If you are a cord cutter in need of a news fix, don't forget to check out the live channel on Youtube. You can usually find streams of some news channels like France 24 (in English).

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 7:48 PM

I should say I signed up for the free version, my definition of cord cutting is not to pay for a service outside of Internet

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 11:44 PM

CBC's The National streams live every day on facebook

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 9:00 AM

I just found this channel on youtube, its some interesting shows and some funny comedy clips

Video Link

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada