HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 12:05 AM

It’s absolutely amazing with all that’s going on in Nashville right now.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 2:44 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post

It seems like Nashville and Charlotte are in a competition for the No. 2 spot in the S.E. (excluding Florida and Texas), and it appears that while Charlotte is hot, Nashville is even hotter.
Better yet, the new south gets three superstar cities leading the charge to its urban future.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 3:38 PM
Nashville born and raised

The growth is amazing and a lot of it is driven by tourism and convention visitors as the construction of hotels seem to be the leading factor.....as shown on this updated card. Note that all the SoBro hotels are directly related to the building of the Music City (convention) Center, one of the 20 largest in total square footage, in the US. Add to that the visits of 15 million tourists every year and hosting of events like the CMA Festival and the NFL Draft and you can see why hotels are needed.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 11:29 AM

Not bumping all of it to this page, but this link takes you to the mid-year summary of the 26 buildings, 10 stories and up, actually under construction if you missed it.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Aug 8, 2019 at 5:33 PM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
I will in be Nashville later this month. Look forward to seeing all the cranes
I would be interested to hear your impressions.

I have always said that both cities have their own character and personality and shouldn't be compared as rivals. Charlotte is more like New York and Nashville is more like Los Angeles. But there is still a lot to be envious about Charlotte, from a Nashville perspective including your building of transit on multiple fronts, a major airport and the dense downtown (uptown) core.

Together, they would make a substantial counterpart to Atlanta, though (total metro pop. of 4.5m to Atlanta's 5.9m). Individually, neither will equal Atlanta's economic impact in this century. However, we two are beginning to be an alternative to Atlanta for corporate growth as in Amazon to Nashville and Sun Trust/BB&T to Charlotte.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG901 View Post
It’s absolutely amazing with all that’s going on in Nashville right now.
Well....another week, another high rise! This was just submitted to the city for design review.

There had been talk about this for a while, but the proposal was just now revealed.

More about HRI here. They seem to get things done.

PS: That's an older rendering of Nashville Yards! That's how long this had been rumored.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Some nice new renderings of the ONE22ONE project proposed for 12th and Broadway. From LoopNet...

The building could go up to 27 stories and 400 ft. as stated in previous posts.
The Nashville Post is reporting this will be 28 stories now (behind the paywall) so our SSP insider was correct.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 4:13 PM

A revised card showing updated renderings...

Adding floors!!! And yes, a lot of parking. But, Nashville needs it (with crazy tourism numbers, building parking spaces is like printing money.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:08 AM

Quote:
I would be interested to hear your impressions.

I have always said that both cities have their own character and personality and shouldn't be compared as rivals. Charlotte is more like New York and Nashville is more like Los Angeles. But there is still a lot to be envious about Charlotte, from a Nashville perspective including your building of transit on multiple fronts, a major airport and the dense downtown (uptown) core.

Together, they would make a substantial counterpart to Atlanta, though (total metro pop. of 4.5m to Atlanta's 5.9m). Individually, neither will equal Atlanta's economic impact in this century. However, we two are beginning to be an alternative to Atlanta for corporate growth as in Amazon to Nashville and Sun Trust/BB&T to Charlotte.

Enjoy your visit.
I actually have been to Nashville many times since my firm's HQ is there. Though I missed last year's office visit (missed flight) so I look forward to checking out our new office building (222 2nd Ave). The construction was crazy back then, prob even more so now. I have coworkers working on 5th + Broadway and the Nashville Yards so I'm somewhat familiar with the developments there.

I have enjoyed my past visitations, love Nashville's historical architecture and gov't buildings...something that Charlotte doesn't have a lot of. Also envy your riverfront, however wish that there are riverside cafes. I usually avoid Honky Tonk/Broadway...not my kind of things. My favorite place to visit in Nashville is probably the Cheekwood Botanical Garden, planned on adding it to my upcoming itinerary.

Nashville and Charlotte have great things going for them, a lot of developments/constructions. But like you said, they have different personalities and they definitely feel different. Nashville is very touristy/has lively nightlife scenes (lots of hotel constructions), whereas Charlotte has a corporate/business atmosphere (construction driven by office demand). Both are trying to improve what they lack and it will be fun to follow their progress. I think Nashville will eventually get light rail...for now the Hop On Hope Off Trolley will suffice

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

Quote:
The Nashville Post is reporting this will be 28 stories now (behind the paywall) so our SSP insider was correct.
Looking forward to One 22 One being built. It will be a great gateway building into downtown.

Just looking at the picture of the rendering, I also hope that Beaman and the other car dealers on the west side of I-40 will sell their properties in the near future. I would love to see multiple 20+ story buildings built opposite of those proposed and under construction on the east side of I-40.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Looking forward to One 22 One being built. It will be a great gateway building into downtown.

Just looking at the picture of the rendering, I also hope that Beaman and the other car dealers on the west side of I-40 will sell their properties in the near future. I would love to see multiple 20+ story buildings built opposite of those proposed and under construction on the east side of I-40.
Know what you mean, but that rendering is way off scale. First the One22One building will be quite a bit taller than the 1202 Broadway Endeavor Tower across the street. About 70 ft. taller. And there are additional buildings well underway that don't appear in the rendering. Asurion, MGM, Porter (aka Flank) hotel, 5th & Broadway, a parking garage at NES and the Embassy Suites/One hotels. In three years those six blocks will be as dense as Church and 4th Streets.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Know what you mean, but that rendering is way off scale. First the One22One building will be quite a bit taller than the 1202 Broadway Endeavor Tower across the street. About 70 ft. taller. And there are additional buildings well underway that don't appear in the rendering. Asurion, MGM, Porter (aka Flank) hotel, 5th & Broadway, a parking garage at NES and the Embassy Suites/One hotels. In three years those six blocks will be as dense as Church and 4th Streets.
Here is my crude attempt at adding some of your comments.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Aug 15, 2019 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Upgraded image a little

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 6:26 PM

You say crude. I say great job. Thanks!

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 6:22 PM

After the Titan/Patriots preseason game (all the guys they're going to cut barely beat all the guys we're going to cut) I snapped some pictures..

Watch your team win, walk across the bridge and play in downtown; perfect formula for hosting a World Cup game or two...

The site of the 40 story 4 Seasons Hotel and Residences;

And a few of the 35+ cranes in the city.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Aug 23, 2019 at 5:25 AM.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 4:56 PM

New renderings of the Nashville Soccer Club's proposed stadium from their website.

It will replace this.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 6:33 PM

^Not crazy about that location. Looks like it is hemmed in with freeways to the west and south, a speedway to the north, and some sparse single family to the east. Doesn't seem like a lot of synergistic development can be realized there. Is there nowhere better to put this where the surrounding area can blossom?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
^Not crazy about that location. Looks like it is hemmed in with freeways to the west and south, a speedway to the north, and some sparse single family to the east. Doesn't seem like a lot of synergistic development can be realized there. Is there nowhere better to put this where the surrounding area can blossom?
The surrounding area, Wedgewood-Houston (WeHo), is blossoming. As a matter of fact, this building in the area...

just sold for 1.1 million dollars, per the Nashville Post. It was bought for $80,000 in 2011.

The area is red hot and developing and gentrifying at a very fast pace. The single family development is in demand and very pricy. A lot of the existing industrial building stock is being repurposed as lofts, work spaces, retail, shops and art galleries. And there is plenty of new mixed use development on the boards such as...

..Apple Music's Nashville office is moving across the street into a renovated building and there is a push to renovate the speedway to Nascar standards (it once held cup races there years ago) much to the delight of most people in the area.

Yes, it did seem like an odd choice when first announced, but seems totally appropriate now. The city gets to repurpose the derelict property that only served to house flea markets and what to me is a hugely underwhelming excuse for a state fair while building a rather large state of the art soccer stadium suitable for a number of purposes which will bring tourism and dollars to the city and this area in general.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Aug 24, 2019 at 2:05 PM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, it did seem like an odd choice when first announced, but seems totally appropriate now. The city gets to repurpose the derelict property that only served to house flea markets and what to me is hugely underwhelming excuse for a state fair while building a rather large state of the art soccer stadium suitable for a number of purposes which will bring tourism and dollars to the city and this area in general.
Ok, that's good news. Thanks for the additional color.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 6:49 PM

Some new renderings for the 19th and Broadway Residential and hotel project that's been a around awhile.

It was proposed some years ago and fell through but the property and concept was picked up by bigtime Greystar developers and it is moving though the approval process. From the Nashville Post.

If built, at 295', it would be the forth tallest in Midtown:
  • Broadwest Apartments, 35 stories, 406'
  • Broadwest Office, 21 stories, 326'
  • 2012 West End Residential, 25 stories, 299'
  • 19th & Broad Residential, 26 stories, 295'
  • Skyhouse, 25 stories, 289'
  • Palmer Plaza, 18 stories, 269'

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Some new renderings for the 19th and Broadway Residential and hotel project that's been a around awhile.

It was proposed some years ago and fell through but the property and concept was picked up by bigtime Greystar developers and it is moving though the approval process. From the Nashville Post.

If built, at 295', it would be the forth tallest in Midtown:
  • Broadwest Apartments, 35 stories, 406'
  • Broadwest Office, 21 stories, 326'
  • 2012 West End Residential, 25 stories, 299'
  • 19th & Broad Residential, 26 stories, 295'
  • Skyhouse, 25 stories, 289'
  • Palmer Plaza, 18 stories, 269'
Interesting. The footprint and design for that project looks like it could be very similar to a Greystar residential and hotel project in Austin that's in the early stages of permitting.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations