HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 3:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Considering what might have been, we are very lucky to be getting these towers.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 4:33 PM
DENNAB

Amazing!

Couldn't be happier with this

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 8:49 PM
Desert Dweller

Beautiful Renderings :')

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 7:32 PM

Old Posted Apr 29, 2012, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
Awesome.

I'll be waiting for the mixed use building and the South tower, whom both are also 1,000ft plus

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 9:26 PM

Very few cities are lucky enough to have a continuous stream of such high-quality skyscrapers. New York continues to amaze as usual.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
New Yorker for life

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...02304050304577
374281031930856.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

A Deal for Time Warner

6,500: Number of employees Time Warner has in the New York region

April 30, 2012
Laura Kusisto

Quote:

At first, Tom Santiago hesitated when he was approached by Time Warner Inc. last year about overseeing its New York search for a possible new headquarters. At the time Mr. Santiago was head of real estate at Citigroup and figured that the company that owns such flashy businesses as Home Box Office and produces movies like Harry Potter would be "looking for a larger than life" type, he says. "They assured me, 'That's exactly what we don't want,'" says Mr. Santiago, an avid fisherman who also spends his off-hours as a mentor to city high school students.

Mr. Santiago took the job and now he's the man behind one of the most closely watched Manhattan office space searches in years. He must help Time Warner decide what to do with its office portfolio in New York, where it owns space in Columbus Circle and leases space at 1100 and 1271 Sixth Ave. It totals some 4 million square feet (equal to about 1½ Empire State Buildings).

Needless to say, Mr. Santiago is very popular with Manhattan landlords and developers these days. Getting the nod from Time Warner, for example, would virtually guarantee that Related Cos. or Brookfield Office Properties Inc. would be able to move forward with massive new projects on Manhattan's west side. Or it would super-charge Larry Silverstein's developments at the World Trade Center.

Or Time Warner could simply decide to remain in its current headquarters at Columbus Circle. The company is being assisted in its search by a team of brokers at Studley Inc. led by Mitchell Steir, the company's chief executive, and Michael Colacino. The move could also prove contentious, because it involves moving some 6,500 full-time employees, maybe some to New Jersey and Connecticut to cut costs. Also, Time Warner divisions as Time Life and HBO have traditionally been in separate buildings and some at those units might like it to stay that way.

Late Friday afternoon, Time Warner sent out requests for proposals to virtually all of the city's largest developers including Sherwood Equities Inc., Brookfield Office Properties Inc., Extell Development, Related Cos., Boston Properties Inc., Rockefeller Group, Vornado Realty Trust, Alloy Development and Silverstein Properties. The company plans to make a decision by the end of the year.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 1:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Considering what might have been, we are very lucky to be getting these towers.

Sorry, I am confused. Which of these three renderings is closest to the final design (or do we not know) I hope it is the 2nd one.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 5:18 PM

I believe the third render is the most recent.

The opportunity for modern-historical juxtaposition here is amazing. Can't wait to see photos of the glimmering new towers with good old ESB right in between.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 7:09 PM

So when do they start construction?

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC GUY View Post
So when do they start construction?
Late 2012. This year.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 1:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
Sorry, I am confused. Which of these three renderings is closest to the final design (or do we not know) I hope it is the 2nd one.
The last rendering is the closest to being final. But its just a rendering of those towers alone.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...nCUxa0OxbBdbkJ

Hudson Yards’ Coach grows 25%

SHARP LOOK: New image, looking east, shows the base of Related’s first Hudson Yards tower, newhome for Coach Inc., with the extended High Line Park nearly touching it.

May 22, 2012
Steve Cuozzo

Quote:

Related Cos.’ game-changing, first office tower at Hudson Yards will start to rise with this autumn’s harvest moon — and with more of the 1.7 million-square-foot tower spoken for than has been announced. Luxury leather maker Coach has quietly added 150,000 square feet to the previously reported 600,000 feet it’s buying as an office condominium, sources revealed. Coach also has an expansion option for an additional 100,000 feet, which would make the 46-story tower half full when it opens in 2015. (The project was previously reported as 51 stories — we don’t know where the five other floors went.)

Insiders said Related expects to start construction in October following completion of two milestone transactions. The developer led by Stephen M. Ross expects to close on the purchase of a 99-year ground lease with the MTA for $1 billion in September, followed by the sale of office floors to Coach in October. Although terms of the sale to Coach will become public record, they have not yet been disclosed. Related won’t say how much Hudson Yards’ so-called South Tower for Coach will cost other than to estimate its “total development cost” at over $1 billion.

The peak-roofed structure designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox is notable in other ways than merely marking the start of the 26-acre Hudson Yards, which is to have 21 million square feet of commercial, residential, retail and public space on the site bounded by 10th and 12th avenues and West 30th and 33rd streets.

For one thing, an engineering source said Related is “seriously looking” at building the tower frame of reinforced concrete, not steel — common in construction elsewhere, but rare in New York. Related is said to be studying “efficiencies” including costs and speed. Concrete allows a tower to go up faster, and Coach needs its new home in 2015, when its leases at other buildings expire.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
BANNED

That's great news. Now we need TW, Newscorp, or CS to anchor the big tower.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 5:25 PM

This is going to look great when walking north on the High Line.

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
That's great news. Now we need TW, Newscorp, or CS to anchor the big tower.
I'd rather them anchor 2 and 3 wtc first.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
I'd rather them anchor 2 and 3 wtc first.
Not me. I want these up first to embarrass those idiots at the PA.

2 WTC I have a soft spot for because it's a beautiful tower (well, at least it was designed that way...who knows what it will look like when those idiots are done with it) but I would DEFINITELY want this over that watered down/shortened/bland/bastardized 3 WTC. Not even a competition and quite frankly it isn't even on my radar anymore.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 1:05 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post

2 WTC I have a soft spot for because it's a beautiful tower (well, at least it was designed that way...who knows what it will look like when those idiots are done with it) but I would DEFINITELY want this over that watered down/shortened/bland/bastardized 3 WTC. Not even a competition and quite frankly it isn't even on my radar anymore.

I completely agree, Midtowns developments are way more impressive than the WTC, which has been botched in a few ways at this point.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 1:24 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post

Sad for me as well, but I have to agree. I used to love the site, and was so excited to see the WTC go up. Now it's just simply another construction zone that gets my attention merely do to the fact that they're tall. I'd much rather Hudson Yards is constructed much earlier than the rest of WTC. Except for maybe 2WTC

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive