HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 12:44 AM

I wonder when anyone will make a movie about any Texas City, where it is detailed pretty organically. I mean, even suburbs of Boston get movies made after them, with its culture and history emphasized greatly. Texas is as interesting of a state as any other. Houston is as gritty of a town as any other. A good gangster film can be made in Houston, easily.

Personally I feel El Paso is the only city that has been detailed pretty accurately, because of its ties to Mexico and being one of the most important borders in the US. It's almost like a gimme. I've yet to see some one cash in on Houston's 5th Ward, or Austin's yuppifying counterculture, etc. I mean, every "big movie" centered around anything in Texas is always about some cowboy. Lame.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol24 View Post
I wonder when anyone will make a movie about any Texas City, where it is detailed pretty organically. I mean, even suburbs of Boston get movies made after them, with its culture and history emphasized greatly. Texas is as interesting of a state as any other. Houston is as gritty of a town as any other. A good gangster film can be made in Houston, easily.

Personally I feel El Paso is the only city that has been detailed pretty accurately, because of its ties to Mexico and being one of the most important borders in the US. It's almost like a gimme. I've yet to see some one cash in on Houston's 5th Ward, or Austin's yuppifying counterculture, etc. I mean, every "big movie" centered around anything in Texas is always about some cowboy. Lame.
Terrence Malick's upcoming movie taking place within the Austin music scene should be interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2062700/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol24 View Post

Hey man, I was wondering where you were, glad to see you posting again

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 10:51 PM
Meh

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 1:37 AM

Saw that today! Thanks for posting. !

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 5:49 PM
Meh

Austin is ranked number 5.

Study: San Jose Metro Area Leads U.S. in Future Readiness
Quote:
The survey defined future readiness by examining three categories: the engagement and education of residents, innovation in commerce and government, and the state of the region’s infrastructure. About 40 data points were analyzed to calculate the rankings.

Thou shall not indict

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin