HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 4:05 AM
raymondchi raymondchi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post



快樂之心
taiwan-city.com
According to the surrounding buildings, the site looks like 大直美福飯店 instead of 大直宜華飯店. Please correct me if I were wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 4:33 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondchi View Post
According to the surrounding buildings, the site looks like 大直美福飯店 instead of 大直宜華飯店. Please correct me if I were wrong.

I go back the original post of these photos to recheck and you are correct.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 3:41 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270



by hoboway
taiwan-city forum
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
kalifese kalifese is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 378
ughh...can they please knock down that huge ugly dirty pink and blue tiled apartment complex!! who wants to live in a nice apt with a view of that??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 12:40 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifese View Post
ughh...can they please knock down that huge ugly dirty pink and blue tiled apartment complex!! who wants to live in a nice apt with a view of that??
OK, you talk residents to move. See what is going to happen.

I don't know why I don't like this comment. I feel that it is like rich people said this person is poor and ask him/her don't present in front of he/she.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 6:57 PM
kalifese kalifese is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 378
how do you know those apartments are for poor people? you know taiwan. many of those ugly dirty apartments are considered "luxury" and inside can look like palaces!! its just that taiwanese dont care about exterior and let their buildings look like it's for poor people but spend all their money on nice interiors!!

they should at least renovate the exterior. even a new paint job. OR JUST FRICKIN' CLEAN IT!!!!!!!!! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THEY CLEAN IT???? or dont tell: foreigners dont understand that this is taiwanese lifestyle and should respect taiwanese culture/history/economics, etc.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 6:37 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifese View Post
how do you know those apartments are for poor people? you know taiwan. many of those ugly dirty apartments are considered "luxury" and inside can look like palaces!! its just that taiwanese dont care about exterior and let their buildings look like it's for poor people but spend all their money on nice interiors!!

they should at least renovate the exterior. even a new paint job. OR JUST FRICKIN' CLEAN IT!!!!!!!!! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THEY CLEAN IT???? or dont tell: foreigners dont understand that this is taiwanese lifestyle and should respect taiwanese culture/history/economics, etc.
And how do you know they are rich people? You don't have evident same as me, don't you?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 9:40 AM
kalifese kalifese is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
And how do you know they are rich people? You don't have evident same as me, don't you?
i know some of those people personally. like family and family's friends. some are rich but many are more like middle class.

and i dont think the people who live in that pink/blue apartment complex across from miramar mall are poor. poor people dont live there. poor people like in places like this:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 3:44 PM
duabi duabi is offline
ROF
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 570
Unfortunately, those pink apartments(public housing) was built around year 2000. They are not that old. It just shows Taiwan's taste of building designs(not to mention the lack of reinforcing building codes).

Btw. the last picture doesn't show that it's a bad building. Many of Taiwan's condos are like that. Some nice buildings have that kind of exterior on the back sides.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 12:10 AM
kalifese kalifese is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by duabi View Post
Unfortunately, those pink apartments(public housing) was built around year 2000. They are not that old. It just shows Taiwan's taste of building designs(not to mention the lack of reinforcing building codes).

Btw. the last picture doesn't show that it's a bad building. Many of Taiwan's condos are like that. Some nice buildings have that kind of exterior on the back sides.

umm....you dont think that is a really bad looking building?? if taiwanese in taiwan dont realize buildings like that are not fit for living and are considered slums in most countries except third world countries, then i am just....speechless!!

and yes, that is also exactly what i mean when i said many so-called "nice" condos/apartments in taiwan are slummy on the exterior but can be luxurious on the inside. it just doesnt make sense why taiwanese dont care about exterior appearances.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 2:31 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270



Robert
taiwan-city forum
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 4:22 AM
Ganplosive Ganplosive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Height Restriction

What is the current height restriction in Taipei right now? Is there a reason why none of the new buildings are passing the 200m+ mark to 300m?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 7:20 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270


BY SAMLEE
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 4:42 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270

taken by web1415 from taiwan-city forum
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #35  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 11:06 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroXpress View Post
It's funny how the rendering from the government has the slogan...
"Taipei Beautiful" >>> poor English

At least throw a verb in like "Taipei is Beautiful"
or "Beautifying Taipei"

Thanks for posting this William, can't believe they are building this massive high-rise hotel in the area where buildings are only one-third of its height

Most projects applied Beautiful Taipei Urban Projects are surrounded this development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #36  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 9:56 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270






from taiwan-city forum
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #37  
Old Posted May 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #38  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270










taiwan-city forum
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #39  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2012, 2:02 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,270
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #40  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2012, 2:08 AM
kalifese kalifese is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 378
this complex would be great in xinyi or banqiao. i wonder if they will start building a cluster of high rises here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.