HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 2:09 PM

Downtown Update - The Hope Lodge

http://www.hopelodgeutah.org/

Salt Lake City Entrance, Salt Lake City sits at the crossroads of the Intermountain West. The Hope Lodge will be conveniently located for
patients who come from all parts of Utah and from surrounding states for treatment at any one of its premiere cancer treatment centers.

http://www.hopelodgeutah.org

Healing Gardens, Guests may enjoy times of solitude in the garden to enjoy the calming touch of nature, or they may share a walk with
friends or family. The restorative elements of nature are important in the healing process.

Kitchen and Dining, The kitchen is the heart of the home and it is designed to be a place where individual meals are prepared, allowing
caregivers and patients to reflect on the day and offer support to one another

http://www.hopelodgeutah.org]

Suite, Each bedroom suite includes two beds with a small separate area for the caregiver to read, work or watch TV while the patient
is resting

Common Areas, The south-facing patio on the roof balcony offers patients and caregivers the chance to be outside to soak in the
sunshine, read, or reflect while taking pleasure in a beautiful view of Mt. Olympus.

In Pictures: Hope Lodge is framed-out

The main entrance to the Hope Lodge as seen from the the southwest corner of the intersection of 400 East and 100 South. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Isaac Riddle  December 8, 2014  Central City, Developments, Salt Lake City, Under Construction - http://www.slcity.org/pictures-hope-lodge-framed/

The Hope Lodge is completely framed-out and exterior work has begun. The Hope Lodge will be a residential lodge for adult cancer patients receiving treatment in area hospitals and
will house the offices for the Utah chapter of the American Cancer Society. Demolition of a former LDS church on the site happened last winter and construction began late spring.

The southwest corner of the Hope Lodge reveals a brick facade as seen from 100 South. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

For more information and pictures on this and other projects go to: THE SLC BLOG http://www.theslcblog.org/author/iriddle81gmail-com/

Last edited by delts145; Jan 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 5:10 PM

Downtown Update - Youth Center

Rethinking the homeless shelter in the Granary District - http://www.slcity.org/rethinking-she...nary-district/

Isaac Riddle  December 11, 2014  Developments, Granary District, Proposed, Salt Lake City

Rendering of the Volunteers of America Youth Center.

A homeless shelter is not usually seen as a development opportunity or as a place for the larger community. Zach Bale, chief development officer for the Utah chapter of Volunteers of America, wants to change that perception. Bale has spent the past few years working to build Utah’s largest youth center for homeless youth and wants that center to be an asset to the surrounding community...

For more information and pictures on this and other projects go to: THE SLC BLOG http://www.theslcblog.org/author/iriddle81gmail-com/

Last edited by delts145; Dec 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 11:25 AM

Downtown Update - Proposed AIR Urban Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPBDEV View Post
*Update: AIR Urban Center (AUC)

Sorry for the delayed update. I want to address those who have stated that our project is not going to happen. Since expanding our project to now a 400 plus foot building with a projected cost of over $120 million, it has without a doubt been challenging. First I will not deny that this is our first large scale development. In fact most of our businesses are tech/software and entertainment and not focused on real estate development. However, we have good funding sources in Asia which puts us in a unique position. We decided almost a year ago to change gears and build something more innovative based on the value of the property we worked hard to piece together. Since we cover the corner of 400 South and West Temple we did not want to waste our valuable property and build something special in Downtown SLC. We investigated several mixed-use buildings (including site visits) in markets like Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto & Vancouver Canada for which we based our design and amenities. Will we be successful and complete this proposed building? I believe we will, but it is going to take more time. The primary issue is that money/funding/lending is hard to acquire (banks do not actively fund development projects). My company has already invested over $16 Million in acquiring the site/property location and in pre-construction design, planning and other miscellaneous expenses.

I understand and appreciate your skepticism. However, I hope you can appreciate the dedication we have put into this project. Like most of you we are tired of seeing the same old "same old" in SLC. Although there are a few projects that certainly have improved the city, we need more mixed use projects and entertainment. I have stated before I cannot guarantee that we will be successful in completing our plans for the AUC. I sincerely hope we will as we continue to push forward. We have spent a great deal of money and resources to acquire much of the funding needed to start the building. However, we are not there as of yet and need to bring on a few additional partners. We are in negations, some are going well, while others are not. We could be under construction now if we were willing to put up, as I mentioned above, yet another cookie cutter building, but we are holding out to piece the final funds needed to build our vision. Below are a few details of the proposed AIR URBAN CENTER (AUC)

First look at our new concept for the AIR URBAN CENTER (AUC). This is our current proposal to be located on the corner of 400 South & West Temple, Downtown Salt Lake City. The AUC is being proposed as a mixed-use real estate project consisting of the following:

Podium & Lower Tower Levels; we will feature a Modern/Urban Hotel, Fusion Inspired Restaurant, Urban Lounge called 7EVEN (featuring live Jazz and a locally-grown/organic inspired tapas menu, custom drinks including fresh juices & coffees/teas), Boutique Market, Quick Spa & Fitness Center, Event & Meeting Spaces, Pool Top Club & Asian Inspired Gardens called The 02 Deck, and a World Class Night Club called FALLEN.

Upper Tower Levels; will include Modern Business Space, Modern Apartments and at the top of our tower Luxury Condos. The views from the Upper Tower are spectacular (the best in the city).

*Those living at AUC will have access to our all amenities as well as our fleet of Tesla electric cars and cruising bikes which can be scheduled free of charge.

Below is our proposed design. We would love to hear your feedback. Keep in mind there are many parts of the design that will be refined. We are not yet sold on the building cap for example. This is only a preliminary rendering.

Sincerely,

Ken Bretschneider
KPB Equities

Design by IBI

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 3:21 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Nice! Would this be a new tallest for SLC? I notice how he said that they are not sold on the "cap" for the building. I really like the metal flying buttresses. I hope they keep that element. The rest of the tower looks really nice, IMO.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 2:41 AM
Chairman

VERY NICE!!! I agree with the metal fins on top of the tower. Hopefully it will be part of the final design. Looking forward for further details.

Although this is preliminary, could someone please add this, and the other towers to come, to skyline pics from different angles?

-sb

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 10:24 AM

I was just noticing that this rendition below shows some angularity at the bottom portion of the tower. Of course, these are just preliminary sketch ups, and are being tweaked further. Over all, I'm liking the basics of the design a lot. Here's Ken's most recent post from last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPBDEV View Post
I'm really not offended and very much appreciate the feedback I'm getting from the forum. You have solidified many of my own concerns with the design (in general). We actually have a huge amount of green space, but again this is just one view of a basic Sketchup model. We have an entire Asian inspired garden that covers much of the podium roof top. We also have a beautiful courtyard area that features the 4 elements (we will have a water feature combined with fire) and more Asian garden elements at street level. I went on tour of several wonderful new highrises in Toronto, San Fransisco, etc. and found some great ideas to better engage the city at street level and will share them soon for your input.

Stenar l apologizes for misinterpreting your response. It just felt rather judgmental/harsh and without constructive suggestions (well for the most part). I'm Canadian BTW (from Toronto, Canada) and not of the fold. However, I really do love Utah and the people here. It could use a little more diversity and entertainment/fun, but I have to say I have lived in many places in my life and besides a few things that are not perfect here ... Utah/SLC is a pretty great place to live (well when not breathing the air in Feb)

I'm sincerely taking all of your suggestions to heart (making a list as we speak). What I love about your collective input is that much of it is very cohesive (meaning there is definitely a consistent theme to what you like and dislike about the design). The good news is I agree with many of the suggestions and felt the same. It is nice to step out of the 4 or 6 person box we have been in to get some fresh input. I plan on sending notes to our architects and will share with the group what we come up with for additional feedback.

Feel free to continue making suggestions. It never hurts. Because I have to keep things in a reasonable budget range some suggestions wont work (could you imagine this world if money was not the determining factor). However, there are lots of ways to approach design and yet keep within our targeted budgets.

Cheers, Ken

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 10:37 AM

Now, going back over the local posts, I'm seeing the reasoning for the difference in the two renderings. I like the addition of the extra angles a lot. Hopefully, something of that nature would not be too cost prohibitive to the developer's investors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Ken, just a thought: lawyers like corner-offices, If you are trying to lure law firms into this development, you may want to include more than 4 corner-offices per floor. This alone would drastically change the shape and look of the office/hotel portion of the building. I like the lower third of the building, although I'm thinking the lines on the wavy portion could be placed further apart, letting more light through, and showing a clear pattern, really only because I'm curious as to how that would look. I also like the upper-third portion of the building.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 11:29 AM

Updates - Central City Projects

Central City infill projects nearly finished

Isaac Riddle  December 16, 2014  Central City, Developments, Salt Lake City, Under Construction - http://www.slcity.org/pictures-centr...arly-finished/

Three Central City projects are nearing completion. The Trolly Condominiums, Gin & Tonic House and Nic-Mi building are each within a few blocks of each other and bring welcomed infill development to the neighborhood.

Ivory Homes is constructing the Trolley Condominiums, eight town-home style condos on the 500 South block of Denver Street. The condos are three-stories tall with a garage on the first floor. The first four condos are framed out and the next four are framed up to the second floor.

The Gin & Tonic house is two two-story town-homes on the corner of 400 East and 600 South. The homes are nearly completed and will each be just under 2,000 square feet and include a one-car garage.

The mixed-use Nic-Mi project, on the corner of 400 East and 900 South adjacent to the Southeast Market will include ground floor retail and office space on the second floor.

Trolley Condos

The Trolley Square Condos as seen from the 500 South block of Denver Street. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Gin and Tonic House

Rendering of Gin & Tonic House, two town-homes on the corner of 400 East and 600 South. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

The Gin & Tonic House as seen from the intersection of 400 East and 600 South. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Nic-Mi

Rendering of Nic-Mi mixed-use building.

The Nic-Mi mixed-use building as seen from the intersection of 900 South and 400 East. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Last edited by delts145; Dec 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 5:05 PM

Downtown Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofIKid View Post

The site for the Alta Gateway apartments has been fenced off, and southbound 500 West is closed to through traffic as site preparation begins for the project.

Construction should soon commence on Alta Gateway apartments

Isaac Riddle  November 18, 2014  Depot District, Developments, Proposed, Salt Lake City - http://www.slcity.org/construction-s...ay-apartments/[/B]

Alta Gateway will include 264 residential units in a four-story building that wraps around a parking structure with 459 stalls and an amenity courtyard on a 3.2 acre parcel. The first phase of the development will be at the southwest corner of the intersection at 500 West and 100 South.

The parking structure will be accessed from 500 West, with a smaller lot accessible from 100 South. As is standard for new development in the area, Alta Gateway will be built right up to the sidewalk.

Rendering of Alta Gateway.

The first phase of the project replaces what is currently a vacant lot and two warehouses. The developers plan to eventually redevelop more of the block in future phases.

A mid-block pedestrian walkway will be added on the west side of the first phase to help break up the block when future phases are built. The pedestrian walkway will also link the development to the Old Greek Town TRAX station on 200 South.

The development is designed to have a strong presence at the 100 South and 500 West intersection. With the parking structure enclosed by the residential portion, the building will engage well at the street level and complement the walkable nature of the adjacent Gateway Shopping Center. The developers will also bury the obtrusive power lines along 100 South...

The site for the Alta Gateway apartments as seen from 500 West and 100 South. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 11:29 AM

Brought Forward: Article from this time last year.

Next Stop - Action Off the Mountains in Salt Lake City

By Christopher Solomon - Summer 2013

Cayce Clifford for The New York Times

As an occasional Utah visitor, I’ve viewed downtown Salt Lake City like many other travelers who find themselves in the area: as a place to gas up the rental car as I race to the airport after a ski vacation in Park City or Alta. The word “interesting” rarely found itself in the same company with “downtown Salt Lake.” Its urban core was nearly vacant after dark, with few residents and even fewer restaurants and attractions. The double-length blocks and yawning streets hardly welcomed tourists or residents, either — the streets platted so wide, history tells, so pioneers could easily turn around their four-ox teams.

Now, though, a nascent renaissance has taken hold in downtown Salt Lake City, making a stop appealing even outside ski season.

Roughly 125 businesses of all kinds have opened or moved there since 2009, or are about to open — not counting 100 in the newest shopping center — according to the Downtown Alliance, which promotes the area. About 5,000 people now live there, too, a 35 percent jump since 2010, said Jason Mathis, the group’s executive director. No one will mistake it for the East Village, but downtown is starting to become a place people actually seek out to eat and play. One fact captured the change as well as any, apparent on a recent visit: Four craft breweries now operate within 10 blocks of Temple Square, the historic center of both downtown and of the teetotaling Mormon world.

“Salt Lake is really ascending, and all the stars seem to be aligned” for the future, Mr. Mathis said. “There’s good stuff going on.”

The single biggest catalyst of this change, strangely, is a shopping mall. In March 2012 City Creek Center opened, a sprawling, 23-acre mall adjacent to Temple Square that was completely financed by a development arm of the Mormon Church.

City Creek Center (shopcitycreekcenter.com), at 50 South Main Street, is a handsome monument to consumption. There are more than 100 stores, many of them high-end and new to the market — Tiffany, Nordstrom, Coach. The development also has Las Vegas-like fountains (music! jets of flame!), a fully retractable glass roof that closes in inclement weather and a river that runs through it (O.K., a stream; the eponymous, reimagined City Creek, with actual trout). A “Passport to Savings” with special offers and discounts for travelers can be picked up at the center’s customer service desk and area hotels.

The project isn’t so important for the Porsche sunglasses that you can now buy downtown as for what else it brought: vitality. The complex, which covers some two and a half city blocks, also has 1.2 million square feet of office space and three residential towers housing 800 units (with one more tower planned) and will incorporate an existing, soon-to-be-renovated Marriott hotel.

Spurred by the investment and the excitement, restaurateurs and other entrepreneurs have focused their attention anew on downtown in the last few years. Here are some highlights:

NEW AIRPORT CONNECTION In mid-April the Utah Transit Authority opened a light-rail connection between Salt Lake City International Airport and downtown. The six-mile TRAX line (rideuta.com) includes six new stations and takes about 20 minutes from Temple Square to the airport. A ride costs $2.50. The line connects to the system’s existing 140 miles of track (including the 90-mile Frontrunner train system, which connects Ogden, Salt Lake City and Provo).

This connection opens up an intriguing possibility for skiers: staying downtown, riding transit to the slopes and never bothering with the expense or trouble of a rental car. This past winter a public ski bus ran from six stops downtown to the resorts each morning, a ride of about an hour, and returned in the evening. Skiers can also ride TRAX from downtown to the 6200 South station and hop on resort-bound ski buses all morning (also included free with the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass). Here’s another reason to consider staying downtown and using public transportation: Hotel rates downtown, even for high-end hotels like the Grand America, can be dramatically lower than at ski areas.

RESTAURANTS There’s been an explosion of places to eat in downtown Salt Lake. Some 40 restaurants and other eating establishments have opened since 2010, or are poised to open — from Taste of Red Iguana, the latest outpost of the Mexican mini-empire in the food court of City Creek Center, to the Copper Onion, which Salt Lake magazine recently anointed the city’s best restaurant. Ryan Lowder, the local chef and owner, who had worked in the Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Mario Batali empires in Manhattan, opened the Copper Onion (thecopperonion.com), which serves American food with what he calls “a pretty decent Mediterranean influence” and lots of house-made ingredients, from the noodles in the popular beef stroganoff to some cheeses. A popular small plate is Utah oyster mushrooms with julienne Idaho potato sticks, a fried egg and fresh salsa verde ($9).

A dish at the Copper Onion. The restaurant is part of the recent explosion of places to eat downtown.

Mr. Lowder’s second restaurant, Plum Alley (plumalley.com) opened downtown in December 2011 and was named one of the Top 50 Best New Restaurants by Bon Appétit magazine. Named for its location on East Broadway, a now-vanished seedy street in the city’s turn-of-last-century multiethnic Chinatown district, Plum Alley is “white guys cookin’ Asian food,” Mr. Lowder said wryly — and offers ramen with homemade noodles and a bone broth, (starting at $11), or Pleasant Creek Ranch zabuton steak with local greens ($16).

Another very popular newcomer is Pallet (eatpallet.com), whose name is a nod to the restaurant’s location in the former loading dock of the Salt Lake Valley’s first creamery. The dining room’s décor of brushed steel-meets-reclaimed wood is fitting for a New American menu featuring appetizers like quail with plum sauce ($14) and entrees like bison osso buco ($30).

MUSEUMS A state with such tremendous natural assets deserves a museum of natural history fit to contain it. Now it has one — the Natural History Museum of (nhmu.utah.edu), high in the Wasatch hills overlooking downtown. Sheathed in copper and designed to blend with the mountainside, the dramatic building houses 10 galleries of fearsome skulls, ancient moccasins and interactive displays. Ramps let you see eye-to-eye with giant monsters in the dinosaur hall. And continuing research isn’t far away here: I was able to stare through glass windows and watch scientists cleaning dinosaur bones.

Inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, the Leonardo (theleonardo.org) is an interactive museum of science, technology and creativity that’s housed in the former public-library building downtown. Though it also features major traveling exhibitions (to Sept. 15: “101 Inventions That Changed the World,” in its first United States stop; November: “The Dead Sea Scrolls”), the museum emphasizes hands-on learning. When I first visited one year ago, the museum felt a bit unsure of its mission. My visit this spring found a more assured experience, including a fascinating mummies exhibition and an ongoing gene experiment that visitors could participate in.

CONCERTS AND FARMERS’ MARKETS A summer highlight for residents is the Twilight Concert Series (twilightconcertseries.com), mostly held on Thursday evenings July through early September in downtown’s Pioneer Park. Some 16,000 people regularly turn out to hear acts like the Black Keys, the Roots and My Morning Jacket. The summer’s lineup includes Erykah Badu (Aug. 8) and MGMT (Sept. 5). Tickets: $5.

Cayce Clifford for The New York Times

The Downtown Farmers’ Market (slcfarmersmarket.org) is another popular standard, a 300-vendor market held on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June to October in Pioneer Park. A second evening market starts in the harvest months, typically around August, from 5 p.m. to dusk. In a nod to the energy downtown, the Downtown Alliance is pursuing the idea of a more permanent, year-round market, analogous to Seattle’s Pike Place Market.

If you’re downtown on a Thursday, jump on what some locals call the “saints to sinners” program: Head to Temple Square and the tabernacle to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (mormontabernaclechoir.org) rehearse from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. (every Thursday) unless otherwise noted. Afterward visit the downtown mainstay Squatters Pub and Beers (squatters.com) and plunge into Outer Darkness (named for the Mormon concept of eternal punishment for the wicked): a Russian Imperial Stout that at 10.5 percent is the strongest beer it brews.

BIKE SHARING In April the city introduced its Greenbike bike-share program (greenbikeslc.org). The program is similar to those in Washington, D.C., and Madison, Wis. A 24-hour pass that gets users unlimited 30-minute trips costs $5; a seven-day pass costs $15.

There’s more to come: The city and county have agreed to finance a 2,500-seat, $110 million performing arts center (newperformingartscenter.org) scheduled to open in 2016 and expected to attract touring Broadway shows and other entertainment. A 1,000-room convention-center hotel is being debated at the moment, and another 1,000 condos and apartments are expected to appear in the downtown core in the next few years, said Mr. Mathis of the Downtown Alliance.

Yet for all these changes, downtown Salt Lake City isn’t a flashy destination, nor does it want to be — and that’s probably a great thing. Yet this surging city seems more confident than ever, so much that it’s seriously building a bid to host the Winter Olympics, again, in 2026.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/tr...ewanted=1&_r=0

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 11:31 AM

_________________________________________________________Happy New Year!!

_________________________________________From One Of North America's Most Beautiful Holiday Cities

___________________________________________________________Salt Lake City's Stunning Holiday Metroscape

The Heart of Downtown at Temple Square

http://ldsmediatalk.com/2014/11/29/christmas-on-temple-square-2014/

___Brighton Ski Resort - Central Metro
___
___http://www.mylamppost.com

Sundance Ski Resort - Southern Metro

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/

________________________________Park City Ski Resort - Central Metro/East

Alta Ski Resort - Central Metro

http://travel.utah.gov/

The heart of Downtown at Main Street Plaza

________________Snowbird Ski Resort - Central Metro

The heart of Downtown at City Creek Center

http://jillthinksdifferent.blogspot.com/2013/12/temple-square-gotta-do-it.html

_________________Christmas Pageantry on a grand scale performed in the structural and acoustical marvel that is Downtown's 23,000 seat Conference Center Main Hall.

_Snowbasin Ski Resort - Northern Metro
_

Last edited by delts145; Jan 11, 2015 at 2:10 PM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 12:06 PM

______________________________________________________________City sidewalks, busy sidewalks. Dressed In Holiday Style

______________________________________________________________Late November Through December 2014 ~ By ToysNoiz
______________________________________________________________http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=210541

Pics By ToysNoiz - More Pics @ http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=210541

Last edited by delts145; Dec 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 11:42 AM

Downtown Update - Utah Performing Arts Center and 111 Tower

[/QUOTE]
http://111mainslc.com

________________________________________________________Utah Performing Arts Center and 111 Tower

________ ...Lead architects, Cesar Pelli and Mitch Hirsch explained in detail the design, which will include a three-balcony, opera house configuration for the seating area and a large,
________four-story “Winter Garden” lobby with glass exterior facing Main St. They also touted the fact that the theater building will have no “back”. With pedestrian passages from Main St. to Regent St,
________a public plaza in front of the truck loading docks, and a rejuvenated Regent St full of nightlife and daytime action, the NPAC will be a driving force in activating downtown, on the blocks to
________the immediate south of the spectacular new City Creek Center...

____
____utahperformingarts.wordpress.com

Timeline Updates

December 14, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post

Pics By Ctobsl

December 15, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post

Untitled by ajiu0, on Flickr

Pics By AjiuO

December 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post

Here are a few quick cell phone pics I took today

Pics By Highrise_Mike

December 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post

From today...

Pics By ToysNoiz

January 6, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post

Pics By EPdesign

Last edited by delts145; Jan 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 12:04 PM

Downtown Update - Marmalade Library

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire View Post

Just wanted to share some exciting development with the Marmalade District Library. The steel is rising and there has been daily progress. Here are some pics as of last night along with the renderings (I dont think I remember seeing them lately). Photo was taken on 500 N looking north.

Pic By TheWire

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 12:20 AM

Update - Salt Lake City Proper

Brickyard Plaza - Element 31 Apartments

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com

In Pictures: Busy time of year at Brickyard Plaza - http://www.slcity.org/busy-time-year-brickyard-plaza/

Construction workers at Brickyard Plaza have kept nearly as busy as the shopping center’s frantic shoppers. Framing for Element31, a 208-unit apartment development at 1245 Brickyard Road, is over half-way complete. The apartments on the north and east sides are framed out, while half of the west side of the project is framed up to the second of four floors. The development wraps around the seven-story Brickyard Office Tower, replacing what was originally an aging parking structure directly across from Brickyard Plaza...

The northeast side of the Element31 apartments as seen from 1300 East. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

The north side of the Element31 apartments as seen from 1300 East. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Last edited by delts145; Dec 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 12:42 PM

Update - Salt Lake City Proper - Sugar House

Construction underway on S-Line Greenway development - http://www.slcity.org/construction-u...y-development/

Rendering of the townhomes fronting the S-Line near 800 East.

Isaac Riddle  December 15, 2014  Developments, Salt Lake City, Sugar House, Under Construction - http://www.slcity.org/townhomes-coming-sugar-house/

The S-Line streetcar and greenway have been an economic boon to the Sugar House neighborhood. Salt Lake City leaders argue that the streetcar has been a catalyst for nearly $400 million in development within walking distance to the rail line. Most of this new development has been centered in the Sugar House central business district and does not front the greenway or streetcar line.

Construction is currently underway on what appears to be the first new development to intentionally engage with the streetcar. Sego Homes, known for building energy-efficient townhomes in Daybreak, plants to build four attached single-family townhomes that will front the S-Line streetcar and greenway near 2200 South and 800 East...

The site of the townhomes that will front the S-Line as seen from 800 East. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

...In the coming months, Sugar House will have an extra 570 new residential units in the central business district. Construction of the Vue at Sugar House Crossing and Liberty Village apartments are mostly finished and include a combined 370 residential units. Another 200 residential units will come from the Wilmington Gardens development which should open early next year.

The S-Line streetcar opened in December of 2013 and the greenway officially opened in September. The two-mile, S-Line runs from Central Pointe station in South Salt Lake to Fairmont Park in Sugar House. The greenway is a mile-long green space and trail that runs from 500 East in South Salt Lake to the S-Line terminus at McClelland Street.

The next planned expansion phase of the S-Line is to extend the line to the intersection of 2100 South and Highland Drive...

Last edited by delts145; Dec 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 1:27 PM

Update - South Salt Lake City

A beer garden could soon be blooming in South Salt Lake - http://www.slcity.org/beer-garden-so...uth-salt-lake/

Traditional Bavarian Beer Garden - https://laptopsandlederhosen.files.wordpress.com

South Salt Lake City leaders want to create a downtown that is a regional destination. Trent Fargher wants his brewery, Shades of Pale Brewing, to be a catalyst for downtown development. If Fargher is able to fully realize his plans for a full service brewery, his brewery could help the city create a vibrant downtown.

Fargher has begun brewery operations in a former meat processing plant at the corner of Utopia Avenue and West Temple in South Salt Lake.

The brewery is utilizing 13,000 square feet of the building’s 34,000 square feet. The brewery will eventually expand to the rest of the building once the current tenants vacant. Eventually Fargher plans to build out most of the block.

“We want it (the brewery) to evolve into a community gathering spot,” said Fargher.

Farghar plans to open a 2,200 square foot tasting area early next year. The area should be able to accommodate about 150 people and, as required by state law for breweries, the tasting room will serve food to patrons. The warehouse opens to a courtyard that Farghar plans to convert to an outdoor beer garden...

Brewing vessels in the Shades of Pale Brewing in South Salt Lake. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

The streetcar at the Central Pointe station. The Central Pointe station is less than a block from Shades of Pale Brewing. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Last edited by delts145; Dec 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 3:04 PM

Update - Salt Lake City Proper - Sugar House

24 and 9 Townhomes

Building renderings for the 24 and 9 townhomes.

More townhomes coming to Sugar House - http://www.slcity.org/townhomes-coming-sugar-house/

More townhomes are coming to Sugar House. Apart from the four attached single-family townhomes under construction adjacent to the S-Line streetcar and greenway at the intersection at 800 East. Construction is underway on the 24 and 9 planned development, three attached single-family townhomes at 2442 South and 900 East.

As with the four townhomes on the S-Line, the 24 and 9 development will be built on what was previously a single family lot. The townhomes will be three-stories tall and include a basement with separate entrance fronting 900 East. Three attached garages will be behind the townhomes accessed from a side street on the southern end of the development....

The foundation is poured for the townhomes under construction at 2442 South 900 East. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Last edited by delts145; Jan 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2014, 9:10 PM

Downtown Update - Liberty Crest Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post

Cowboy Partners now has a building permit for Liberty Crest Apartments at 150 South 200 East. There should be another 177 residential units rising downtown soon...

Cowboy Partners

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 3:18 PM

Southern Metro Updates - Provo

Startup Crossing - On The FrontRunner Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post

Caught a glimps of Startup Crossing from the train recently. It's going up nicely.

Pics By Hatman

Last edited by delts145; Dec 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations