HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 24, 2015, 3:38 AM
aprntly i'm a lurkr nao?

It's hard to believe it's been over 11 years since I started posting here. The last 6 years have gone by a lot faster than the first 5 did.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 5:54 PM

Are we sure we want to rush to build all this highway capacity with free flow traffic in all directions?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle24637389/

Quote:
The plan is for an autonomous vehicle corridor along Route 83, which runs north-south through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota. The road then continues into Manitoba.
Autonomous vehicles would greatly reduce the need for extra lanes and free flowing intersections, I would imagine.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Are we sure we want to rush to build all this highway capacity with free flow traffic in all directions?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle24637389/

Autonomous vehicles would greatly reduce the need for extra lanes and free flowing intersections, I would imagine.
Good point in the long run, but we will have dumb vehicles on the road for at least another 25 years and perhaps indefinitely. I guess new high speed corridors could ban dumb vehicles eventually and be like the robot highway in the article.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 7:05 PM
Shāh Māt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
It's hard to believe it's been over 11 years since I started posting here. The last 6 years have gone by a lot faster than the first 5 did.
You used to get heavy into the discussions a while back? Then again I'm not following the forum as much as I used to so you still may be posting frequently, you always had a great counter point to many discussions..

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:08 AM
aprntly i'm a lurkr nao?

No, I posted a lot of shit and got suspended a bunch of times.

I was a kid! Back then I didn't even think I'd make it to 21 years old, let alone 26. I remember posting about how "I'm finally old enough to drive!"

There are kids driving today who don't remember 9/11.

Old Posted Today, 3:23 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
No, I posted a lot of shit and got suspended a bunch of times.

I was a kid! Back then I didn't even think I'd make it to 21 years old, let alone 26. I remember posting about how "I'm finally old enough to drive!"

There are kids driving today who don't remember 9/11.
It will be 12 years for me come November.

I don't post as much anymore, but still keep track on major goings on, and this place is prime for city infrastructure happenings and politics that I like to keep track of.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan