HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Sep 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
Unsafe at Any Speed

Exclamation HEADS UP: Calgary-Glenmore Byelection Work

Those of you folks on the board who don't have plans on byelection day, 14 September, may want to look into working as a poll clerk that day. I'm already signed up as a deputy returning officer for the day, so I expect to have my hands full. Although the riding's returning officer is fully staffed at the moment, Elections Alberta is maintaining a stand-by list in case stuff happens with the people who are signed up to work the byelection.

The byelection starts at 9.00 sharp, and poll clerks will work until well after the polls close that night. The job is not difficult, but you will be expected to learn on the fly and to lean on your deputy returning officer if anything unusual occurs. Most of the job consists of transcribing information, so better penmanship than mine will be construed as a strong asset.

There are worse ways to make $150, tovarishchi. Call Carmen, the Calgary-Glenmore returning officer, or Linda, the election clerk, at 403 662 8616 if this is something that might appeal.

</public service announcement>

Always pleased to serve my growing clientele.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy