HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Oceanwide Plaza Tower I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 6:52 PM
California goth

Bland Central

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 3:13 AM

Don't feel so defeated yet Echo Park, at least it's approved.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 3:23 AM
Environmental Sabotage

That's one surface lot that needs to get developed if I ever saw one.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post

There is no way New York City will continue it's claim of having the most skyscrapers much longer.
It is far more unrealistic to think they should build any towers in LA. It is absolutely inevitable that a major quake is coming your way and I don’t care how you build those buildings, many of them will come down.

As for New York, New York is New York it will always be THE city especially when it comes to skyscrapers. Dubai may have the tallest, but it will also be the emptiest and LA will always be the “wanna be”.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 4:35 PM
Baryonic Lord

hrm...

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 2:55 AM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
It is far more unrealistic to think they should build any towers in LA. It is absolutely inevitable that a major quake is coming your way and I don’t care how you build those buildings, many of them will come down.
You should think of originality as your New Years Resoloution.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post

As for New York, New York is New York it will always be THE city especially when it comes to skyscrapers. Dubai may have the tallest, but it will also be the emptiest and LA will always be the “wanna be”.
My opinions have have changed a little since this comment I made.
Wanna be? As we speak, our development ordinances are being revised, something we haven't done literally in decades since the early 20th Century.
That is what every non-wanna be city does.

What many fail to realize is that Los Angeles was indeed a city of what was considered then High-Rise development before the oil companies came in.
And what many fail to accept is that the skyscraper does not exclusively belong to one city.......period.
It is not , , , or , but rather simple logic. It is not that hard to understand or comprehend.

That does not mean I support wasting profit from oil to build Superscrapers for no economic purpose, when that large sums of capital made from a fossil fuel could and should be used for bringing people out of poverty.

Last edited by JDRCRASH; Dec 31, 2007 at 7:31 AM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 6:57 PM

somebody know something new?????????
i cant believe its approved but not started yet..
i know why i just cant wait anymore xD
hope they will start this year (July,August,September)

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
i cant believe its approved but not started yet..
Lots of projects around the country are on hold because the mortgage crisis has made it hard for both developers and home buyers to get loans. I think that they will break ground when they can secure financing. Supposedly they already have a high end hotel attached to the project.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 2:56 AM

Sooooooo whats going with this project ? Is something gonna happen with that lot ?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 3:09 AM

Yeah, so... I basically stopped everything I was doing right now when I saw someone comment on this ancient thread, perhaps with new info to share... but alas, it wasn't meant to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetowers View Post
Sooooooo whats going with this project ? Is something gonna happen with that lot ?
Hopefully we'll hear something soon given all the activity over the last couple years. Right now it has been approved; "all" that's left is getting the financing...

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
Yeah, so... I basically stopped everything I was doing right now when I saw someone comment on this ancient thread, perhaps with new info to share... but alas, it wasn't meant to be
Me too haha.

There's been a bit of movement with the other lots surrounding Staples/LA Live. Car Wash parcel was sold, a hotel development is rumored for the lot at Pico/Figueroa, and the Double Marriott is under construction. I'd like to think we'll hear something about LA Central in the coming year.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 3:30 AM

Lol yea I knew that post would have gotten some hopes up lol sorry about that but just really wanted to know

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 7:52 AM
:o

Quote:
Lol yea I knew that post would have gotten some hopes up lol sorry about that but just really wanted to know
The fact that the last comment was posted 5 years ago should have given you a hint. But anyway, if there is any new information available for a project, it will be posted. But if you're really curious, you can always use the downtown thread, instead of bumping very old threads like this one.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 7:55 AM
Ascension

Quote:
You really should be banned. I'm serious when I say that. 5 years between posts is not news enough?

Lord have mercy.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 7:08 PM

lol so typical, I mean is that really necessary ? Goodness I realize the last post was some years ago but damn it was just a simple question as to whats going to happen with that lot, that's all. LA Central was the last project proposed for that site which is why I decided to post in this particular thread, I figured I'd get an answer faster here then from the city. All you needed to do was just simply be polite and give a simple answer if you had an answer, if not, then just simply ignore my post not start yet another ridiculous argument that's not going to help get anything built. Damn I didn't think asking a small simple question was going to get me tarred and feathered.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 7:29 PM
Ascension

When something happens, you along with everyone else who reads this thread will be the first to know. But 5 years of inactivity is a clear indication that nothing is going on.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2013, 9:32 AM

Well it only took several days for this to actually be put here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2726 View Post
Didn't see this mentioned already, sorry if it's a repost. We could see some action with the L.A. Central parcel soon-

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...al-estate.html

Moinian Seeks Buyer for Downtown Los Angeles Real Estate

New York developer Joseph Moinian is marketing downtown Los Angeles land planned for a high-end retail, hotel and residential project.

Moinian Group, which bought the 4.5-acre (1.8-hectare) property in 2006 for $80 million from Anschutz Entertainment Group, has about 10 bidders and will choose within 30 to 60 days. Moinian, who had planned to build a mixed-use development on 1.5 million square feet (139,000 square meters) at the corner of 11th and Figueroa streets, decided to abandon the project to focus on New York real estate

“We have long believed that this is the best development site in Los Angeles and are encouraged by the incredible interest we are receiving from the buyer community,” Joseph Moinian said in an e-mailed statement.

About half the bidders for the Los Angeles land are from overseas, including China and the Middle East, the person said. The project may be valued at as much as $900 million once completed, said the person with knowledge of the process.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2013, 3:29 PM

Hopefully this means we'll be looking at this in a few years.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 6:33 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...0,557741.story

Lot near Staples Center attracting bidders

by Cale Ottens

Quote:
A sprawling parking lot across the street from Staples Center and L.A. Live is up for sale and drawing bidders eager for a prime piece of downtown Los Angeles real estate.

The 4.6-acre site at the southeast corner of 11th and Figueroa streets has been approved for a high-end mixed-use complex called Fig Central.

Moinian Group bought the property from Staples owner Anschutz Entertainment Group about seven years ago when L.A. Live was under construction....

A website for the Fig Central project includes plans for two towers. The north tower plan has 51 stories, rises 575 feet and includes hotel and residential space. The hotel would have 500 rooms. The second tower is designed to have 37 stories devoted to residential space.

The new buyer may somewhat alter the current design plans, but John Eichler, executive director of Cushman & Wakefield, said he doesn't expect significant changes to be made.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction