HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 3:07 AM
Honored Member

Melalueca Opens New Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
What's up Idaho Falls? Any news, updates?
We have a lot of projects in Idaho Falls that are behind schedule. However, Melalueca, formally opened Phase I of their new Global Headquarters.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/03...-headquarters/

http://www.localnews8.com/video/mela...lding/31846176

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 4:12 AM
Honored Member

Snake River Landing, Sandcreek Commons

I posted more and somehow it didn't post in time. I can't rewrite all that I did currently, so I'll simply say with what has been completed, what is being built etc., the south entrance to Idaho Falls looks totally different. With the completed car dealerships, Melalueca, Camping World and more, there is construction on both sides of I-15 south of and at the exits to Broadway.

It's nice to see growth on both sides of I-15.

Snake River Landing continues to add businesses, individual homes and Idaho ' s first Hilton Home-2-Suites should be open by this summer.

Meanwhile, Sandcreek Commons, on Hitt Road south of Sunnyside in Ammon, the mid-sized Cabela's should be opening any day. Also, in that Ball Ventures development, are Hobby Lobby and Broulim's. All three of those anchors should open in 2015.

What great things have all of you heard, will be expanding to I.F.?

BEER FEST is June 1, 2015. Plan on it!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 7:37 PM
World Traveler

2014 metro area and county population numbers were just released...

Idaho Falls CSA 234,440
Idaho Falls MSA 138,266

Bonneville County 108,623
Jefferson County 27,021
Butte County 2,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post
2013 Census results for metros & counties came out recently...

Idaho Falls' CSA (combined statistical area) had a population of 232,740 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, Jefferson, Bingham, Fremont, and Madison counties)

Idaho Falls' MSA (metropolitan statistical area) had a population of 137,073 as of 7/1/2013 (Bonneville, Butte, and Jefferson counties)

Bonneville County-107,517
Jefferson County-26,914
Butte County-2,642
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....781,497

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 3:12 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
2014 metro area and county population numbers were just released...

Idaho Falls CSA 234,440
Idaho Falls MSA 138,266

Bonneville County 108,623
Jefferson County 27,021
Butte County 2,622
Thanks, Jim.

I've looked at these some when they were released. Today, I was looking at the CSA again. It looks like Rexburg has been added to Idaho Falls-Blackfoot-Rexburg CSA.

Census is slow getting the estimated city totals. I've seen the counties for some.

I don't know how many more people can leave Butte County! Hopefully, NuScale and Fluor will get the approvals they need to start construction at INL for NuScale ' s smaller nuclear reactors and a few people live in Butte County.

If you haven't heard of NuScale yet, check NuScale out of OR. Fluor is international and I believe they purchased at least this part of NuScale. It's a great idea to build smaller nuclear power plants to generate power.

NuScale anticipates a 2016 building date at INL. Interestingly enough, Areva employees are doing a lot of the work to get NuScale ' s Reg. License while Areva awaits funding from France. Areva- Idaho Falls has its Nuclear Reg. License. A lot of new things could be happening at INL in 1-3 yrs.

http://m.bizjournals.com/portland/bl...age=all&r=full

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 6:14 PM
Honored Member

Rexburg Should be Pouring Alcohol Today

The Rexburg City Council voted to allow alcohol to be sold on Sundays Many of us didn't think that would happen for another decade.

I'm proud of the city council members who put the needs of tourists, some residents and businesses over their own personal beliefs

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 10:16 PM
World Traveler

2014 city population numbers were released recently...

Idaho Falls 58,691
Ammon 14,685
Rexburg 27,094
Pocatello 54,292
Chubbuck 14,229
Blackfoot 11,814

Quote:
2013 Census results for cities came out today. Here's the population of some Eastern Idaho cities.

Idaho Falls 58,292 (2.60% growth since 2010)
Ammon 14,460 (4.66%)
Rexburg 26,520 (4.07%)
Pocatello 54,350 (.18%)
Chubbuck 14,125 (1.46%)
Blackfoot 11,854 (0.0%)
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....781,497

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:56 AM
Honored Member

Chubbuck Ampitheater

It looks like the Chubbuck Ampitheater will be done for fall. I hope so, they have bands lined up for Sept.

http://www.localnews8.com/video/crew...dline/33536942

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 4:01 AM
Honored Member

Update on Idaho Falls Events Center

Here's the official word about the Idaho Falls Events Center.

http://www.bizmojoidaho.com/2015/06/...nt-center.html

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 4:28 AM
Honored Member

New Commercial Development Announced for Idaho Falls

Say hello to Jackson Hole Junction. It will be east of I-15 on W. Sunnyside to about the entrance to Snake River Landing. This is 42 acres. There are other developments happening or will be announced in 2015. The hotel in this development will be close enough to the Idaho Falls Events Center those attending entertainment or a meeting could stay here too. There won't be a lot of stories tall for anything but the hotel ( and that probably won't exceed four), but we're really excited to have this developed as businesses we heard up to eight years ago rumored for this area may finally be built.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-c...d-i15/33640262

I also don't agree with the reporter. He doesn't know his new developments. Sandcreek Commons Phase I is getting built. Cabelas' s is open, Hobby Lobby will open in Aug. etc. But there is still one mid-size pad and small restaurant, drive through, banking and small business retail to fill in.

Meanwhile, the land for Sandcreek Commons I I is having a hearing to get annexed into Ammon and zoned for more development.

Here's the link for Sandcreek Commons

http://www.ballventures.com/property...lls-idaho.html

It's good to have things zooming again. Construction can't fill all open positions. Someday we'll talk about what is probably going to happen at INL

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 2:53 PM

What's up in Idaho Falls? Any updates?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 7:22 PM

Watching the goings on in Snake River Landing, adjacent to I-15
Long trenching, Heading south

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop culture View Post
Watching the goings on in Snake River Landing, adjacent to I-15
Long trenching, Heading south
Could it be the long awaited event center is getting ready to go? If its extended past the new apartment complex I would say yes.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 11:28 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFguy View Post
Could it be the long awaited event center is getting ready to go? If its extended past the new apartment complex I would say yes.
I don't know. I think a vote has to pass first. Then Pioneer Road and some land that isn't JHJ need annexed and a new road created. Hard to say, it may depend on who is building it Not sure if Matt Morgan can build JHJ, the new Fire Station and anything else. Nothing says Morgan Construction will or won't be involved in building. Some would depend on the contractor's schedule. But I think they have to get public approval first to go ahead. I need to read about it.

The 240 unit apartments are getting a good start. It appears they will be in different bldgs. The one west of Bandon River apts. is ready to see walls added. It's really difficult to know how far some of that work area is progressing as it's so recessed from the roads.
These will be 1,2 and 3 bedroom apts. It will be great to get more living there

The upscale condos won't be too far behind. They will be very popular, IMO.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 11:35 PM
Honored Member

The Inner Belt

What do you think of the inner and outer belt loops (see page 2)? Looking over the pages, I'M blown away how they predict growth. The soueast-east corner would be that new development in Ammon. I think it's the Ranch development....something like that.

Yes, IFGuy, they want the north roads further north than US 20. Here's the short plan ( about 20 vs. about 80 pages).

http://www.bmpo.org/?page_id=46 Click on *Economic Impact* at the bottom of the "Long Range Transportation Plan."

Last edited by N2I.F.; Sep 22, 2015 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Typo

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 12:21 AM
Honored Member

What 142 planned unit Development is having a hearing in Oct? It's between between Lexington and Sunnyside and Washington Parkway and S. Holmes. I think it's the land west of Norco. There are Assisted Living Centers in the area, do we need another 142 units?

Some reason for a public hearing???

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:01 AM
Honored Member

Link to I.F. Events Center Website

Some may not have seen the design. Pioneer Road, which will be renamed, is west. A road to Pioneer Road will be built. There is a lot of background work going on. I'll post a couple of other links to try to help readers understand better.

The Events Center is closer to Sunnyside Road (southern part of SRL) than Utah Ave. Crane exists no longer, instead it was named S. Utah Ave. This makes good sense as the same road between Broadway, running through Taylor's Crossing, to Pancheri Dr., north of Snake River Landing, will have the same name. Also, Snake River Parkway, the main north/south road in SRL is being straightened out. It won't turn to the east now on Pier Dr. Instead, it will be a straight road that goes up to meet S. Utah Ave. This will help traffic before and after events at the Event Center. Then a new access road north of the Events Center heading west will connect with a widened, renamed Pioneer Road. Traffic can exit south by Snake River Pkwy and the Pioneer Road south with a new stoplight.

We can't get close yet as there are essentially four developments, including SRL, all building around the Events Center. A drone would be nice help

Starting from Broadway going south on S. Utah Ave., a new strip mall called Railway Crossings has been built south of Smitty's. A new road, Simplot Circle is the southern access to the retail center. Further east, plans of a Marriott Springhill Suites has been leaked. That hotel will be south of the Residence Inn, in the typical Marriott hotel clustering model Both hotels have Greenbelt access by the river. A couple of restaurants will be built south of the new hotel.

There is room on the west side of S. Utah to build one or two more hotels. Restaurant pads too. At the south end of Taylor's Crossing, Pancheri (west) goes over I-15 to Camperworld, Skyline High School and Skyline. S. Utah Ave. south takes one on the northwest ridge above Snake River Landing. This is where a new development, Eagle Ridge, is being built. Eagle Ridge has Guns 'N Gear and will have offices and retail. It's in Eagle Ridge that Snake River Pkwy. meets S. Utah Ave.

In SRL a lot is going on. Home Suites, the first in Idaho of this Hilton Brand Hotel, will be open after 10/01. The 240 apt. development is being built and someday the condos. A nice park immediately north of Sunnyside will extend the west side of the Greenbelt much further to the donated park. There should be some commercial/retail development start on the south end of SRL.

Remember the Events Center is in the southern part of SRL, the new park is further south across the SRPkwy. From the north people will travel through Eagle Ridge for one access. Pioneer Road and SRPkwy the others.

To the west of the Events Center and Eagle Ridge is where Jackson Hole Junction is being built. Probably one or both of the hotels, and a 50,000 sq. ft. anchor will be the first built in this mixed use development. No residential planned for Eagle Ridge or Jackson Hole Junction. Lots of retail, office and restaurants.

It's fun to see the progress, but only the road and construction crews are there now.

Here's the link for the Events Center: http://www.idahofallsauditoriumdistrict.com/

Here's the link for SRL. Click the different sections such as Live, Work /Offices etc. You'll get a better sense of where everything is being built.
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/sn...%3DMBDPSB#2816

Jackson Hole Junction is on Loopnet. I don't know if I can post that here. The bare land east of the car dealerships is the southern retail portion of Snake River Landing. Enjoy seeing the transformation of the I-15 entrance to Idaho Falls.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:18 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
The University of Phoenix is Really Small. It's only for having a few in there at a time for testing - since the rest would be on-line (they aren'y having class rooms there).
I Seriouly doubt that Idaho Falls will ever have a 4 Year University or even a full 2 year J.C. Since I.F. is like 80% LDS they would opt to go to BYU-Idaho first (or BYU in Provo); plus Idaho St. just down in Pocatello. Plus, Idaho St. already has a extension there is I.F. as well. I don't see the State funding a College or University there. The State of Idaho has money problems already, they don't have the money for one.
Looking at a few old posts. Check your facts, please! Pocatello has a higher % of LDS than Idaho Falls. I'd like to see your proof of I.F. being 80% LDS, as that is NOT correct.

I'M thrilled BYU-IDAHO is working with the University of Idaho to offer Masters and eventually Ph.Ds.

I agree about a state school in I.F. ISU keeps saying they want to expand big time in Idaho Falls. It doesn't happen.

CSI has opened a center in I.F. Their goal is to grow and offer enough that a Community College could be built.

Any University in I.F. will be private, IMO. I don't think BYU-IDAHO will build in I.F., unless it is a graduate education facility with U. of I. BYU-IDAHO has the most students of any ID University.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 1:40 AM

Great news about the 240 units. When I was in the commercial portion of SRL in August, it felt like a ghost town. I'm glad more density is going in. 240 units will help bring some life into the area. Are there any renderings of the project?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 4:29 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
Great news about the 240 units. When I was in the commercial portion of SRL in August, it felt like a ghost town. I'm glad more density is going in. 240 units will help bring some life into the area. Are there any renderings 4of the project?
Where in SRL did it feel like a Ghost Town? Use their masterplan and explain where.

We're you there at 3:00 a.m.?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 4:54 PM

2:00PM on a Wednesday on Pier View Drive and Milligan. The hour I spent there, I didn't see one pedestrian walk through SRL. If SRL wants to mimick the urban village setting, it's going to need a lot more residential density and activity on the streets. I also understand the whole development is still in its infancy, so I'm being much less critical.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West