HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 31, 2009, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Are you fucking kidding me? Im not going to censor my speech because youre afraid of it. I could care less if you discount what i say. Furthermore, there was no racism or homophobia in my sentence. Grow some balls. I'm not anti anything. I suggest if you read it that way, maybe intolerance is already at the front of your mind and really you're the one you should be worrying about, not me.

Go back to minding your own business.
"Grow some balls?" lol. How does that have any remote relation to my comment? The people who need to grow some balls are the ones who laugh it off like it's nothing when their friends say something racist, sexist or homophobic. "Mind my own business?" This is a public forum!

Is it really news to you that "shut his gay little black face" directed at an African-American could be considered offensive language? This isn't middle school where you're the top jock and can dominate the conversation by cussing louder. In the adult world you can be called out on what you say and you can't bully people into submission.

You could have come back and said my bad and it would be like nothing happened.
You could even have said nothing at all and I would have left it alone after I made my initial point. I'm not gonna report you to the moderators, flag you, go on about it or assume anything personal about you beyond what I saw. It wasn't that big of a deal.

But then you decide to go on the attack about it, as if I was the one out of line, which is ridiculous. I doubt you'd admit to seeing my point but maybe you'll think twice next time you want to use that language.

The kind of language you used isn't cool. It doesn't send buildings crashing down, it doesn't cause physical injury, it isn't a hate crime. But it isn't cool. It doesn't win you cool points, it loses them. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Pizzuti; May 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2009, 9:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzuti View Post
The kind of language you used isn't cool. It doesn't send buildings crashing down, it doesn't cause physical injury, it isn't a hate crime.
EXACTLY. It's not the end of the world. That's my sense of humor, that's my mannerism, and if you don't like it, it is very simple to ignore it. But instead you insist on trying to make me fit the mold of how you think one should speak.

Hence why I said mind your own business. The comment was made with the intent on pushing the limits and being on the edge. You bit, now drop it.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
EXACTLY. It's not the end of the world. That's my sense of humor, that's my mannerism, and if you don't like it, it is very simple to ignore it.
You could have just as easily ignored my criticism, right? But you didn't. Telling me I should just ignore what I disagree with would basically undermine the purpose of a public forum or any kind of speech.

That kind of "humor" is hurtful and damaging in ways that you don't, and may not ever, understand. If you think "shut his little gay black face" is a hilarious joke, your humor sucks. If nobody said anything, you might actually beleive it was funny, so I'm doing you a favor - I didn't laugh and I don't think very many people did.

Now this argument has gone on entirely way too long, so I apologize to the uninvolved people on the forum and I hope that anybody else who takes that kind of language personally is comfortable that they have an ally.

Last edited by Pizzuti; Jun 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzuti View Post
Wow, way to be racist and homophobic all in one sentence, man. You're talking about a player's behavior then you go on saying a middle-school thing like that - Don Imus got fired for less. When a person can't censor his or her own bigoted speech it makes me discount everything he or she has to say.
I was offended by that sentence too

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Let's move onto something else, like some sports talk, since that's what the title of the thread is about.

So the Brandon Marshall "Denver Broncos" issue seems to be the top story liners in Denver Sports right now, I seen some footage of his little girl friend, and IMHO I think she is full of shit and is a MAJOR Instagator. I believe she see's $$$$$ And B-Marsh does not see it that way, so what does a woman do? Get's revenge!!! Crazy ass biatch!

B-Marsh needs to get rid of her and move on, focus on football get things going and bring home a CHAMPIONSHIP with the Broncos. Then he could put that in her face!

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 11:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
Let's move onto something else, like some sports talk, since that's what the title of the thread is about.

So the Brandon Marshall "Denver Broncos" issue seems to be the top story liners in Denver Sports right now, I seen some footage of his little girl friend, and IMHO I think she is full of shit and is a MAJOR Instagator. I believe she see's $$$$$ And B-Marsh does not see it that way, so what does a woman do? Get's revenge!!! Crazy ass biatch!

B-Marsh needs to get rid of her and move on, focus on football get things going and bring home a CHAMPIONSHIP with the Broncos. Then he could put that in her face!
I have not been following this thread to close as I am only a football fan but now that its geting closer how do you think the Broncos will do this season?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 2:24 AM

I think the Broncos will be pretty damn good this year, even though Kyle Orton isn't much of a QB with the offensive lineup we have in place and with the right plays, I think there will be more positive talk about him then most people think. Also our Defense is going to be very tough, so even though this is the begining of a new era for the Denver Broncos. I smell CHAMPIONSHIPS just around the corner!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 2:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
I think the Broncos will be pretty damn good this year, even though Kyle Orton isn't much of a QB with the offensive lineup we have in place and with the right plays, I think there will be more positive talk about him then most people think. Also our Defense is going to be very tough, so even though this is the begining of a new era for the Denver Broncos. I smell CHAMPIONSHIPS just around the corner!!!
I hope so. Its been so long since I have been to a playoff game I forgot what its like to attend one!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2009, 12:26 AM

Woo Hoo

YES!!!

nfl
Broncos' Marshall cleared by league
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Posted: 06/02/2009 02:21:50 PM MDT
Updated: 06/02/2009 05:18:56 PM MDT

Brandon Marshall in Oct. 2008. (Andy Cross, The Denver Post )Providing he's healthy, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall will be able to play the entire 2009 season.

Marshall was notified by letter Tuesday that he was not found in violation of the league's personal conduct policy due to his arrest on disorderly conduct charges March 1 following a disturbance with his fiancée, Michi Nogami, who also was charged.

The charges against Marshall and Nogami were dropped the next day.

"The NFL has confirmed that based on their own investigation there will not be a suspension or any discipline issues as a result of Mr. Marshall's arrest on March 1," said Marshall's attorney Harvey Steinberg. "I had been in touch with the NFL since right after the incident occurred and we were under the belief that what took place would not rise to the level of any form of discipline."

Marshall is still facing a court case later this month in Atlanta stemming from misdemeanor battery charges against his former girlfriend, Rasheedah Watley. That case, however, is expected to be continued to a later date, which means once Marshall recovers from offseason hip surgery, he can concentrate on the 2009 season.

Marshall left the Broncos' offseason minicamp last week to rehab in Orlando.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 9:19 PM
Robotic Construction

Post World Series slump now over? Why do so many teams go through Post World Series slumps like the Rockies did last season/start of this season and the Cardinals did the season before?

Last edited by SnyderBock; Jun 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Hush heathen! I have said nothing of what you speak for a reason! Do not speak of it, for doing so may throw off their groove. Just enjoy the ride....

As a season tix holder of this certain thing of which we do not speak, I am pleased by the recent 'happenings' and will abstain from saying anything more about it.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 10:24 PM
Robotic Construction

There, that should help^
;-)

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 10:47 PM

Well the ROCKIES are looking pretty good 11 Straight wins! That's not bad, I hope they can keep it together and continue to win this season. Another CHAMPIONSHIP would be nice only this time WIN IT!!!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2009, 1:43 AM

Well, I can't find any confirmation of it online and I don't have a television... but the word is the Nuggets managed to get Ty Lawson in a trade with Minnesota who picked the guard from the National Champ Tar Heels with the 18th pick.

This is pretty cool, I think. I'm sorry I have no details, though.

The Denver Post just got a story up:
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12691383

Quote:
The Nuggets, who owned only a No. 34 pick in the second round of tonight's NBA Draft, made waves by trading for North Carolina guard Ty Lawson, a player they had coveted for more than a year.

The Nuggets got Lawson at No. 18 from Minnesota, in exchange for a future first-round pick they had acquired from Charlotte last season, a source said.

Minnesota picked Lawson at No. 18 before trading him to Denver.

The Nuggets had targeted Lawson with their second-round pick last year, but the Tar Heels standout decided to return to school.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Last edited by Ilsaz; Jun 26, 2009 at 1:45 AM. Reason: New info

Old Posted Jun 26, 2009, 4:50 AM
no its not...

I think the Donkeys will suck for a couple years and then they will fire the cheezedick whizkid head coach and start over again...and Bowlen will go into a psychiatrist and voodoo doctor to find out what made him hire such a nimrod ....

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 12:21 AM

HOW BOUT THEM ROCKIES!!!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 7:45 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

cheezedick whizkid nimrod head coach... love it

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 9:57 PM
Stay Thirsty.

I'll be going to all three games this weekend...should be kind of a shitshow...

Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 5:59 PM
no its not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
cheezedick whizkid nimrod head coach... love it

...I forgot to mention "dick head"..

Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 9:13 PM
BANNED

This is great news for CSU Pueblo!

Gilbert High OL/DL Drew Swartz committed to Air Force in January and was all set to attend the Academy but had a weird chain of events that has altered his plans.

Swartz had an inner ear problem that would not allow him to pass his physical at AF and he was released from his scholarship. Swartz went looking for a new home and today told us, "I committed to Colorado-Pueblo."

Getting Swartz (6-4 260) is a big get for the second year D2 program as Swartz had two D1 offers, the other from Navy.

Swartz was named the Fiesta Region Defensive and Two-way player of the year.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jul 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West