HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 4:17 PM

no Cool Gardens this year? waa….

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
Looks like it's coming

http://www.coolgardens.ca/

StorefrontMB
@storefrontMB1
·
2h
Cool Gardens will be installing Floating Flowers next week at @TheForks and we need some helping hands ! Let us know if you can make it! 🌸🌞

Last edited by Wpg_Guy; Jun 28, 2018 at 8:57 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
Yeah there's so much construction that there's not enough extra gravel to dump in piles on Waterfront and call it a "park"

Or wait... maybe the Waterfront and James construction IS a park. Will take my nephew to play in it this weekend.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
Looks like it's coming

http://www.coolgardens.ca/
From the people who brought you Pile Of Gravel and Nylon Net Caught In Tree... prepare yourself for another summer redefinition of what constitutes a garden, and visit Bunch of Shovels Stuck in the Ground.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:17 PM

^

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 3:02 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
From the people who brought you Pile Of Gravel and Nylon Net Caught In Tree... prepare yourself for another summer redefinition of what constitutes a garden, and visit Bunch of Shovels Stuck in the Ground.
You CLEARLY don't understand REAL art.

There were a couple of people here that were defending the piles of gravel.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Yeah there's so much construction that there's not enough extra gravel to dump in piles on Waterfront and call it a "park"

Or wait... maybe the Waterfront and James construction IS a park. Will take my nephew to play in it this weekend.
Philistines!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 5:41 PM

RIP muddy waters

hope it doesnt stay vacant too long.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 9:16 PM

Long time coming. Forks has been wanting them to give up the space for a few years. This is fantastic news. Finally something with edible food and good drinks will replace it – people will be clamouring for that space (they get the lower riverfront patio with it as well). They probably already have a tenant lined up.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 9:38 PM

Any chance they will upgrade the exterior and remove the 90's looking blue? It looks fairly outdated. If they do it will be interesting the direction they take.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Any chance they will upgrade the exterior and remove the 90's looking blue? It looks fairly outdated. If they do it will be interesting the direction they take.
It will likely happen along with exterior Reno’s to the market, happening after the interior is all done. As I mentioned in the Restaurant thread – The Forks has explored the idea of taking it back as a public space – multi-purpose room/skate change. Since it’s so busy In the market now, and rentable space is almost non-existent now, wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 11:43 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

That building also contains the ice plant for the round skating rink in the plaza. I don't think it has ever been used.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 1:30 PM

That space is definitely a hot commodity, i wonder what the plans are and how long we'll have to wait.

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2018/09/m...ing-its-doors/
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesswinnipeg
After 20 years at The Forks, Muddy Waters BBQ is calling it quits.

Muddy Waters BBQ is owned by Wow! Hospitality Concepts. They also own Peasant Cookery, 529 Wellington, Prairie’s Edge and Carne Italian Chophouse.

The last dish will be served on Sunday, September 30, 2018. There are currently no plans for the space.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 3:24 PM

Apparently, MW is leaving because of steep rent increases and the Forks wants to rent the space out to professional engineers and architects, and consolidate food in the Forks market building and Johnston Terminal. It was originally intended as a skate shelter.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:01 PM

^ I can't say I'd be thrilled about the space becoming an office building. Why can't it go back to being the public pavilion it was built as?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:04 PM

Gotta love all the negative comments at the bottom of the FP article from people saying that The Forks has gone downhill and people don't go there anymore. Obviously they haven't been there recently to see The Forks Market is packed with people, especially with the all important younger demographic.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...492571281.html

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:05 PM

^ "people don't go there anymore"... saying that clearly marks you as totally out of touch with reality, at least as far as The Forks is concerned.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:17 PM

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Apparently, MW is leaving because of steep rent increases and the Forks wants to rent the space out to professional engineers and architects, and consolidate food in the Forks market building and Johnston Terminal. It was originally intended as a skate shelter.
As someone who worked in the offices of TFNP for a while – I don't buy this at all. Paul Jordan and the whole TFNP team are much smarter than to convert that to offices – might just be the line they used to get Muddy's out. I could possibly seeing offices going on the second floor corner of the Market, but even then I know they want the existing areas of The Forks to the central public hub, and offices/services located in Railside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpWpg View Post
Gotta love all the negative comments at the bottom of the FP article from people saying that The Forks has gone downhill and people don't go there anymore. Obviously they haven't been there recently to see The Forks Market is packed with people, especially with the all important younger demographic.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...492571281.html
If the people who have that "opinion" (it's actually just a lie) don't go anymore, I'm OK with that.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ I can't say I'd be thrilled about the space becoming an office building. Why can't it go back to being the public pavilion it was built as?
I'm disappointed it will no longer be a restaurant. It was an easy location to access and you didn't have to fight your way through a crowd to get a table. It's a shame if it's destined to become office space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan