HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 11:13 PM

Can't remember if it was discussed yet or not but does the stadium have special LED lights like in the renders, or the ability for different colours for evening visual themes?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Can't remember if it was discussed yet or not but does the stadium have special LED lights like in the renders, or the ability for different colours for evening visual themes?
As far as I know it's got LED lights inside that cover the playing surface but they are white only. As for the outside they didn't have the budget to make the stadium glow in different colors. That's coming in the future if money allows. It's possible things have changed since I last year but I doubt it.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
As far as I know it's got LED lights inside that cover the playing surface but they are white only. As for the outside they didn't have the budget to make the stadium glow in different colors. That's coming in the future if money allows. It's possible things have changed since I last year but I doubt it.
You're spot on. There are white LED lights that will light up the spectator roof a bit (more for safety on the catwalks). The spectator roof and electrical is setup for lights/light display, however there was a decision to hold off on ordering until later in the project so (similar to other components), they could take advantage of the most recent technologies and potential cost savings of these technologies coming down in price. Keeping the project on budget, and because lighting up the roof wasn't part of the initial package (not a necessity), it wasn't completed for this year but will be done.

I was wrong as I remember saying sometime last summer (?) that I was confident (almost guaranteed) there would be a digital light display of some sort installed for game 1. I'm sort of glad they didn't just throw money at getting it done for the first game. That's how you pay too much and settle for the "best" system (basically the only system thats readily available and can be sourced/installed in a short timeframe). Research, layouts, etc will be completed and they'll make a great decision i'm sure.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:04 AM

New info from the announcement about the new Plaza of Honour format at New Mosaic. Firstly the Plaza itself will be located outside the SE entrance on Elphinstone. Secondly the GA lounge is called Harvard Studio 620. Sounds like a disco.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 7:04 PM

Hopefully we are not going to have a washroom issue. Does anyone know if we can switch genders like Rogers does? Rogers fixtures ratio is 485/18300=2.65/100. Mosaic has 861/33000=2.61/100.

http://cjme.com/article/1238903/roge...form=hootsuite

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:39 PM

Isn't it time to lift the U/C tag from the title of this thread?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 10:37 PM

I would imagine the washroom situation would still be a major improvement from Taylor Field. There is one quirk though: on the club seating level on the west side of new Mosaic Stadium, there is an unequal number of men's/women's washrooms on either side of the AGT Lounge (2 women's and 1 men's on one side, 1 women's and 2 men's on the other). Now if you're not an AGT Lounge ticketholder, you're not allowed to pass through the lounge to reach another washroom, however I was told this wasn't a problem since you could always go down to the main concourse to access additional washrooms.

CoryB, I believe construction is still underway in the interior of the stadium, to finish up the concessions. I don't know if PCL has yet turned over the keys to REAL (Regina Exhibition Association Limited). That should happen soon though, and I'm sure the U/C tag can be removed at that time.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Isn't it time to lift the U/C tag from the title of this thread?
It's not officially or fully open yet. I drive by it all the time and there are still things being worked on. Mostly landscaping and superficial things but it's not 100% done.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:36 PM

They are digging up the parking lot just South West of stadium. Are they just repaving?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:56 PM
What could go wrong?

^^^Jimmy Hoffa?
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Hopefully we are not going to have a washroom issue. Does anyone know if we can switch genders like Rogers does? Rogers fixtures ratio is 485/18300=2.65/100. Mosaic has 861/33000=2.61/100.

http://cjme.com/article/1238903/roge...form=hootsuite
Perhaps the allocation of washroom space is the problem. Not adequate in the upper deck as that is where I hear most of the problems with Rogers Place originate.

Lineups for washrooms are common everywhere, even in newer facilities, and should be expected. However, it should be reasonable to wait in line (5 min), do your business, wait in a concession line (5 min), grab a beer/snack and get back to your seat in the 17-18 minute intermission of an NHL game in a brand new facility. I hope this is the case at new Mosaic.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 6:33 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...-launch-050617

Great news for Calgary and Regina.
Also friendly soccer match in the works for NMS.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 9:39 PM

^ Good news hope it works out for Regina..

Excerpt from Article..
Quote:
In addition to sanctioning the Canadian Premier League, Canada Soccer also approved Winnipeg and Hamilton ownership groups, setting those two cities up to be part of the league’s inaugural season.

It’s possible that FC Edmonton, who are currently in the NASL, and the Ottawa Fury, who are in the USL, will jump to the Canadian Premier League.

Where other teams come from remains to be seen, although Calgary and Regina have been rumored to be target markets.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curo View Post
They are digging up the parking lot just South West of stadium. Are they just repaving?
That is what it looks like.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^ Good news hope it works out for Regina..

Excerpt from Article..
If they start a team here, I will support the hell out of it.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 8:41 PM

I was told that they can paint over the stitched-in gridiron lines and it will look "pretty good".

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:13 PM

The wolf mentioned that a sports announcement will happen tomorrow around 9am at NMS that does not involve the riders or pats. Soccer franchise incoming!!

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
The wolf mentioned that a sports announcement will happen tomorrow around 9am at NMS that does not involve the riders or pats. Soccer franchise incoming!!
They will announce a friendly between an MLS team and a Spanish pro team. It sounds like either Barca or real Madrid as they both touring the U.S. this summer.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
They will announce a friendly between an MLS team and a Spanish pro team. It sounds like either Barca or real Madrid as they both touring the U.S. this summer.
I'll still go, but I won't be happy with it. Bring me my Bayern Munich, not these damn Spanish teams that keep beating us.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 1:46 AM

If Real Madrid or Barcelona are playing in Regina, that is a huge deal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan