HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 2:56 AM
still here

Oh even better! Geniuses aren't they?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:15 AM
Honored Member

Here's a new pic I found of what the inside of the Urban Plains Center will look like:

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:22 AM
still here

Thats pretty sharp lookin! Glad to see FM get another prominent structure. Sure its not even in the league of the "Ralph" but it is still very nice.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 3:32 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
Thats pretty sharp lookin! Glad to see FM get another prominent structure. Sure its not even in the league of the "Ralph" but it is still very nice.
I actually copied, pasted and cropped both pics from the PDF. Here's another view, the one on top that's been enlarged:

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 6:23 AM
still here

Wow thats gonna be very nice. Looking forward to going to some games there. Very impresseive structure.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
The census also says Fargo gained like 7 people from 2000 to 2006. I just am waiting for 2010 when we can shove 105,000 people in their face.
If housing units are any indicator you might find an extra 3-5K under the couch to shove at them.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 3:40 AM

williston

i was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing williston,nd developement, or is there a thread for williston? thanks

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 3:30 PM

There isn't a thread for Williston but us North Dakota stat and development folks would love to see some threads, especially as it pertains to the oil boom.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 10:11 PM

Stumbled on to this link on a different board...

http://proximityone.com/msa06rnk.htm

Fargo is projected to grow at a rate of 24.42% from 2000-2020, the national average is 19.5%. They project Fargo(MSA) to be at 217,366(+42,662 from 2000). Not bad, #1 growth percentage in ND and #10 overall in the midwest.

Other MSAs...
Bismarck 23.46%
Sioux Falls 43.95%
Grand Forks -.23%

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 10:17 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket View Post
Stumbled on to this link on a different board...

http://proximityone.com/msa06rnk.htm

Fargo is projected to grow at a rate of 24.42% from 2000-2020, the national average is 19.5%. They project Fargo(MSA) to be at 217,366(+42,662 from 2000). Not bad, #1 growth percentage in ND and #10 overall in the midwest.

Other MSAs...
Bismarck 23.46%
Sioux Falls 43.95%
Grand Forks -.23%
217,366 for the 2-county metro for 2020 seems low to me. FMMETROCOG says the 2-county metro is already at 195,000. I would think that a quarter million for Cass-Clay is possible for 2020. Remember, these numbers are based off Census data, and we all know the Census has been shafting this city in the ass for the past several years.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBoy View Post
217,366 for the 2-county metro for 2020 seems low to me. FMMETROCOG says the 2-county metro is already at 195,000. I would think that a quarter million for Cass-Clay is possible for 2020. Remember, these numbers are based off Census data, and we all know the Census has been shafting this city in the ass for the past several years.
I know it is based off the census but still 24.5% isn't bad. Especially when we know that number is on the low side. 250k in 2020 would be a big jump(43.1%), that would be massive growth. I'd be estatic to see that number, it would shatter the amount of growth the city had from 1980 to 2000(24%)

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 3:44 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket View Post
I know it is based off the census but still 24.5% isn't bad. Especially when we know that number is on the low side. 250k in 2020 would be a big jump(43.1%), that would be massive growth. I'd be estatic to see that number, it would shatter the amount of growth the city had from 1980 to 2000(24%)
With the way the census is calculating it, they are saying F-M's rate of increase in the 2000's will be much less than the 1990's. From what I have visually experienced of the city (I moved out in 1992 and came back in 2003) from 2003 to present, I would think the rate of increase may be a little more total than the 90's. Fargo seems to have grown at around the same rate, and West Fargo is experienced a boom it has never seen, and Moorhead is growing this decade, while in the 1990's it was stagnant for the most part. Hopefully the upcoming estimates for Fargo in the next few years will be corrected.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 6:13 AM
still here

Miguelito’s firing up grill
Craig McEwen, The Forum
Published Tuesday, January 22, 2008

As a teen, Miguel Contreras spent his summers working in Red River Valley sugar beet fields.

Now, after 18 years of working in Texas restaurants, he is opening his second Miguelito’s Mexican Grill and Cantina in Dilworth.

“It’s going to be a top-notch, full-service restaurant and bar. We’re ready to rock ’n’ roll,” said the 41-year-old Contreras, who opened his first restaurant in 2004 in Crystal City, Texas, his hometown.

Plans are to open Miguelito’s, 1505 Center Ave., in mid-February, Contreras said, in the former Speedway Restaurant building.

The restaurant will seat about 175 people. A separate cantina will seat about 50 people. During summer months, an outdoor patio will seat another 50 customers, he said.

Our signature items are going to be our enchiladas and fajitas,” said Contreras. “It’s all authentic. Ninety-nine percent we make in- house.”

The menu will also offer American cuisine like Angus steaks and hamburgers, appetizers, salads, soups and a full line of Mexican dinner entrees. “We will have a little bit for everybody,” Contreras said.

“We’re excited for it to open up,” said Ken Parke, Dilworth city administrator.

So is Contreras. “We did a lot of remodeling. I’m excited about the whole thing,” he said. “We’re shooting for a family-oriented restaurant.”

Contreras grew up in the restaurant business working initially for his parents and for restaurants in the Austin, Texas, area prior to opening his own, he said.

“This plan has been a life-long dream of mine,” he said. “My whole life I’ve been wanting to own a restaurant of my own.”

Eventually he hopes to expand into North Dakota and open restaurants in Grand Forks, Bismarck and Minot, he said.

“It’s an ambitious plan, but I know I can pull it off with the help of my family,” he said.

Readers can reach Forum Business Editor Craig McEwen at (701) 241-5502
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also drove around town a little bit today. Down on 52nd, they already are putting in roads for the District at Fargo. The signs for the development are up as well. And 42nd street now connects with 52nd avenue.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 6:16 AM
still here

http://www.eapc.net/building/default.asp?ID=459
Thats a little more info on the District.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 6:33 AM
FargoMoorhead comin at ya

Don't forget about this little tidbit :

2008 projects to total $152M

Andrea Domaskin, The Forum

Big road and flood projects could equal big dollars for Fargo this year.

City commissioners met with staff members Monday to take a peek at $152 million in new roads, flood control projects and other construction planned this year.

The project list is unusually large....

read more here.

Project List :

Major projects Fargo is considering

$152 million in capital improvements this year, driven in part by growth on the city’s south side. The planned improvements include:

- $59.6 million in North Dakota Department of Transportation projects, including work on the Interstate 29 interchange at 52nd Avenue South and widening the 12th Avenue North viaduct.

- $17.4 million in new utilities, pavement and street lights for major roads, including work on 52nd Avenue South and paving 57th Street south of Interstate 94.

- $15.6 million in new utilities, pavement and street lights for local streets.

- $16 million for sanitary sewers.

- $17.9 million for storm sewers and flood mitigation, including work on the Southside Flood Control Project.

This is just utilities and roads... not homes, business, or other typical construction... It's going to be a great year for contractors and construction firms.....

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 3:23 AM
still here

UP Center construction could come to halt if agreement with Fargo School District is finalized by Friday
Heath Hotzler, The Forum

Construction on the proposed $25 million Urban Plains Center hockey arena could soon be halted if a deal between the Metro Sports Foundation and the Fargo School District's administration to help secure funding for the project is not finalized by Friday, MSF board member Al Hintz said tonight.

"We do not have the money if we don't secure the bonds," Hintz said. "Construction could be halted for a period of time."

The Fargo School Board voted 6-3 today to ask its administration to enter into negotiations with the MSF on a lease of no more than 15 years at a an hourly rate of $155 per hour. The final product of the negotiations will be brought back before the School Board at a later date.

No timetable has been set for a vote on the proposal. The School Board could call a special meeting before Jan. 31.

Hintz said the project's scheduled Oct. 31 opening date could be delayed if an agreement is not made by Friday.

For more on this story, see tomorrow's Forum.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 3:57 AM
still here

With the major growth that is going to be taking place in the area this year, especially in south Fargo as we know from that newspaper article, what do you think the 4 city population will be at the end of the year?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 11:39 PM

Realistic

Like everyone I think the census estimates are way off, but I don't think Fargo will see the growth that it did in the 1990s for many different reasons. More than a few people said that they see just as much construction as in the 1990s, but that misses a big point. Household sizes keep getting smaller and smaller, so more houses are needed just to maintain a stable population. Furthermore, already built-out neighborhoods (Hawthorne, Horace Mann, etc.) will probably see more population declines in this decade similar to that of the 1990s. Moreover, the rate of international migration is much lower than what it was in the 1990s. Fargo, since Sept. 11, 2001, has seen much smaller numbers of refugees moving in than a decade ago. Finally, West Fargo, Horace, and Moorhead are picking off a lot more people now compared to the 1990s. Because of this, I'd be really surprised if the population of Fargo will exceed 100,000 by 2010.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2008, 12:03 AM
still here

Actually, as of the 2004 estimates, most of the older neighborhoods have either gained population or stayed the same.

http://www.cityoffargo.com/Residenti...rNeighborhood/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 3:50 PM

Apartments and Retail Near NDSU

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest