HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
Hazen, LA gateway, Fig+Pico, or Times Mirror Square. They're all so good.

Edit: Ten50 and Vibiana have been removed from the front page due to completion. If there's any others that are currently finished that I missed let me know. 1133 was also missing from the front page so I went and added it. There was a proposed tower a few weeks ago that I wasn't able to add. Does anyone know which one it was?
I think this is the one you're talking about, Mojeda

http://urbanize.la/post/53-story-hot...vention-center

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwin517 View Post
Ktown definitely is not part of DTLA. We should use the areas defined by the DCBID as DTLA, which is roughly 6sq/miles
I assumed as much, but manyof the projects are not on the Metro Map

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
OK, then why did you take it upon itself to volunteer to head it then? Two of the biggest projects, bigger that Wilshire grand imo, are planned for that area, and you don't have 30 seconds to at least copy and paste the info to the front page?
This thread is over a year old. I had much more free time back then. I'm hardly ever at the computer anymore which is why I wanted to see if anyone else could take over.

I'll removed those projects just now King. Although i'll hold off on Atlier until opening day.

I'll add those projects as soon as I can Boffin. I pulled up their urbanize articles so i'll do that ASAP.

If anyone is willing to take over, please speak up. If anything we can just start a new thread. The Arts district has a large amount of projects so they're hard to keep track. I'll try and fit the ones you pointed out into the page Bwin.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 1:04 AM

Quote:
This thread is over a year old. I had much more free time back then. I'm hardly ever at the computer anymore which is why I wanted to see if anyone else could take over.

I'll removed those projects just now King. Although i'll hold off on Atlier until opening day.

I'll add those projects as soon as I can Boffin. I pulled up their urbanize articles so i'll do that ASAP.

If anyone is willing to take over, please speak up. If anything we can just start a new thread. The Arts district has a large amount of projects so they're hard to keep track. I'll try and fit the ones you pointed out into the page Bwin.
I'm more than happy to help out Mojeda, just let me know what you need.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwin517 View Post
I'm more than happy to help out Mojeda, just let me know what you need.
You only have 12 posts. You sure you even plan to stick around?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 3:21 AM

Some stuff from the last 2 days:

Park Fifth by Hunter, on Flickr

820 S Olive (Onni 50 Story) by Hunter, on Flickr

820 S Olive (Onni 50 Story) by Hunter, on Flickr

Metropolis by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorboffin View Post
I assumed as much, but manyof the projects are not on the Metro Map
FYI we have two maps: one for DTLA (includes AD, CW, Expo Park, MP), and one for Central LA (Hollywood, KTown, Miracle Mile, West Hollywood).

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
FYI we have two maps: one for DTLA (includes AD, CW, Expo Park, MP), and one for Central LA (Hollywood, KTown, Miracle Mile, West Hollywood).
DT doesn't include Macarthur park, just City West

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
You only have 12 posts. You sure you even plan to stick around?
I don't post on here much, just read. I'm on DTLA Development and GrowLA a lot more. I'm Binh Nguyen on FB, mojeda and king kill 'em know me well on there

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 9:35 AM

Quote:
Hazen, LA gateway, Fig+Pico, or Times Mirror Square. They're all so good.

Edit: Ten50 and Vibiana have been removed from the front page due to completion. If there's any others that are currently finished that I missed let me know. 1133 was also missing from the front page so I went and added it. There was a proposed tower a few weeks ago that I wasn't able to add. Does anyone know which one it was?
Perhaps instead of removing them entirely you could add them to "Recently completed"?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 2:16 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Looks like 820 Olive is moving into the regular tower floors. Should speed up from here.

Regarding updating permissions of the threads, I don't know how to do that, but have a question into the admins to see if that's possible, and will give permission to the two people who have offered to update it, including Bwin517, who is a trusted source on the FB page. Bwin517, if you look at my user name here, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to figure out who I am on the FB page.

If that's not possible, we'll have to create a new thread and archive this one, but hold off on doing that until I get an answer.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 3:54 PM

I think it's spreading the skyline east is just as important as SoLA Village. The skyline is long viewing it from the west or east but is tiny when viewed from the north or south

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
I think it's spreading the skyline east is just as important as SoLA Village. The skyline is long viewing it from the west or east but is tiny when viewed from the north or south
I'm not too concerned with how the development will make the skyline look. I think the important thing is SoLA Village will spur long needed development in the south side of downtown and connect USC/Expo Park. Right now, I never venture south past the 10 or west past the 110 of South Park(where I live), which is a shame.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 11:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:

I'd be willing to do one or volunteer for it. One where all the SSP threads for Los Angeles are on the front post and all of the major projects. IDK about this weekend, as I'll be a little busy, but if you want, eh, I'm up for it. Have to do a crapload of research before hand. If you've seen my city rundowns, I tend to go apeshit.

Let me know if you guys would like that?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 12:34 AM
Paramoderator

How about a Los Angeles Mega Thread? Where every project is combined. I'd be happy to create a front page.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 8:28 AM

Hi
I am new to this forum. I lived in New York City for many years and have just moved to Pasadena. I have been very interested in all the development going on in the downtown area. I have been following your forum and was in the DTLA area today and took some photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148727...posted-public/
Metropolis

820 South Olive Street

1120 South Grand

Apex II

888 S. Hope Street

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 10:42 AM

Wow, I need to walk along 9th more often. I usually walk from Target along Metropolis to LA Live to see Oceanwide/Circa then Pico to see those projects. Apex 2 seems to be going up quick. Thanks for contruction update Pauliemac100

IMG_4788 by PAUL MCTAGGART, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 5:05 PM

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 8:01 PM

I found what seems to be a spec design for Angel's Knoll.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtrDQTFye4/

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorboffin View Post
I found what seems to be a spec design for Angel's Knoll.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtrDQTFye4/
Nice. Here's another view...

M-Rad‘s newest project is located behind the infamous Bunker Hill site next to the Angel’s Flight vernacular in the heart of downtown, Los Angeles. With the flourishing densification of downtown, we have seen a lack of public green space as well as increased opportunities to develop mixed use buildings.

The architectural concept behind the Bunker Hill project aims to create a place for the community to gather in an environment inspired by nature while maximizing the potential use of housing, creative office, research facilities, retail and hospitality spaces. The tower will be elevated above the existing greenscape to highlight both the history and importance of Bunker Hill while connecting it to the streetscape of Los Angeles, blurring the line between urban landscape and nature.

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/losange...ecture-designs

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations