HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 3:59 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Don't feel too bad, twan. natiboy is basically the only one who updates the Cincy thread.

Most American cities have urbanist fora. For some, like Philly and Pittsburgh, SSP is a major gathering place. For others, like Baltimore and Buffalo, SSC is preferred. And for others till, people congregate at sites like Urban Ohio. It doesn't matter where the main community is as long as someone's there to update us globally on projects from that place.

P.S. I have a soft spot for KC because I went there once and it's drop-dead gorgeous.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Don't feel too bad, twan. natiboy is basically the only one who updates the Cincy thread.

Most American cities have urbanist fora. For some, like Philly and Pittsburgh, SSP is a major gathering place. For others, like Baltimore and Buffalo, SSC is preferred. And for others till, people congregate at sites like Urban Ohio. It doesn't matter where the main community is as long as someone's there to update us globally on projects from that place.

P.S. I have a soft spot for KC because I went there once and it's drop-dead gorgeous.
lol, Thanks buddy. I don't feel bad, this is like my own personal party. Everyone who is interested in kansas city is at the kcrag.com forum and I'm an active member there. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 5:37 AM
designer&stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
lol, Thanks buddy. I don't feel bad, this is like my own personal party. Everyone who is interested in kansas city is at the kcrag.com forum and I'm an active member there. You should check it out if you haven't already.
KCRag and even City-Data. It's great that this was created on here since it provides more exposure to the city. I'll will have to drop by more often too. Thanks for the updates.
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 5:52 PM

University of Kansas Hospital expansion

I usually don't post anything from the Kansas side of the state line but this is pretty much midtown so...

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 2:30 AM

Two Light Groundbreaking

Groundbreaking for Two Light (residential tower) happened earlier this week, and with it came a new rendering. The proposed Three Light and Four Light towers are also in the background.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 12:47 AM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh7676 View Post
Groundbreaking for Two Light (residential tower) happened earlier this week, and with it came a new rendering. The proposed Three Light and Four Light towers are also in the background.

I just read a few days ago, that sometime during the construction of Two Light, ground will be broken for Three Light.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 12:01 AM

I was out running errands and i saw that progress is being made on the Courtyard/Residence Inn. Branding is up and most of the brick work is done.

This view will be VERY different in 4 years with the convention hotel, two, three and four light in this space.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 12:45 AM
Posh

I took the liberty of updating/editing the first two posts on the first page. There were lots of pics not showing, projects already completed, etc. I know I haven't gotten them all, let me know what I'm missing and I'll add them in.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 1:43 AM

Downtown Residential Snapshot

Here is a nice chart of the ongoing residential boom happening in downtown KCMO.

[IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/9045752/downtownboom*xx.jpg[/IMG]

(link is correct, not sure why the image is not uploading)

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Here is a nice chart of the ongoing residential boom happening in downtown KCMO.

Here it is:

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 10:48 PM
Posh

Quote:

The * in the URL prevents hotlinking. Most bizjournal.com articles seem to be doing that these days.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
The * in the URL prevents hotlinking. Most bizjournal.com articles seem to be doing that these days.
Ah, thanks, I wondered about that.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 1:38 AM

A couple new renderings of "Two Light", "Three Light" and "Four Light" residential towers have popped up on the architect's website. Interestingly, the rendering shows a portion of 670 capped with park land, as well as a W hotel in "Four Light".

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 2:51 AM
Posh

I would think that cap over the freeway is little more than the architect's wishful thinking.

Would be nice to see 4 Light get that big, but since that's the one farthest away, it's probably very preliminary at this point.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 5:40 AM

Quote:
A couple new renderings of "Two Light", "Three Light" and "Four Light" residential towers have popped up on the architect's website. Interestingly, the rendering shows a portion of 670 capped with park land, as well as a W hotel in "Four Light".

I came here to post the new renderings but you beat me to it. I don't know if the cap on 70 is true but if it is, this is HUGE for downtown. I would assume that the surface lots in the northern crossroads would get gobbled up quickly.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 2:40 PM

These look so amazing! I'm about to graduate and trying to get on at Cerner. My dream is to live downtown!

This is a little off topic, but how could we put in a request for a One Light illustration to be completed for the diagrams?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2016, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwill89 View Post
These look so amazing! I'm about to graduate and trying to get on at Cerner. My dream is to live downtown!
Good luck with Cerner, it is a huge company I have no doubt that you could find something that is a good fit for you.

Also, today some drawings of the proposed apartments at 18th & Holmes in the East Crossroads showed up. Three stories will be built on top of an existing building, and another six story building would be built on the lot directly to the south. I believe retail is part of the package...

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 12:37 AM
Posh

Another downtown office building conversion to apartments. This one's a beaut!

Apartments planned for another downtown KC office building
Quote:

The mostly empty New England Life building at 9th and Wyandotte streets will become the New England Lofts building under an apartment conversion plan presented Wednesday to Kansas City’s Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority.

The redevelopers asked for a 10-year, 100 percent property tax abatement to make the $8.7 million project feasible. LCRA commissioners agreed to the abatement request, coupled with an agreement to pay $12,000 a year in payments in lieu of taxes in years 6 through 10.

The seven-story red brick building at 112-120 W. 9th Street, constructed in 1886-1887 is targeted to become 32 market-rate apartments. The plan calls for a mix of studio, one- and two-bedroom units plus 20 parking spaces. Office use is planned to continue in a newer one-story Wyandotte annex that is included in the plan.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 10:42 PM
Posh

It's about time they started doing something with those vacant parcels just south of Crown Center. I hope - but doubt - the plans will eventually include a high-rise.

Officials hold noses and declare $80M Crown Center development site blighted
Quote:
With some reservations, the Kansas City Council on Thursday approved a blight designation that makes an $80 million mixed-use development site immediately south of Crown Center eligible for property tax abatement.

Indianapolis-based Milhaus LLC and Kansas City-based UC-B Properties plan to develop 425 residential units and about 30,000 square of neighborhood commercial uses on the 5-acre site, which Crown Center Redevelopment Corp. agreed to sell to Milhaus last year.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 1:18 PM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
It's about time they started doing something with those vacant parcels just south of Crown Center. I hope - but doubt - the plans will eventually include a high-rise.

Officials hold noses and declare $80M Crown Center development site blighted

If this is the project I'm thinking of, I don't believe that it will include a high-rise. I think the buildings will conform with the Union Hill buildings at around 4-5 stories. But it will definitely be an improvement, and certainly add some much needed density!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations