圖﹔leepuppy

出處﹔http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/view...extra=page%3D1

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 2:52 AM
ùH

More on Taroko Tilted-Train: (PHOTOS!!)

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/wuj38&article_id=5573507

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 3:35 AM
Utopia Society

wow... the new taroko trains are looking pretty slick!
i hope all TRA trains will look like it in the near future.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2006, 3:36 AM
Utopia Society

A promo video on Xinyi Light Rail

http://www.im.tv/vlog/Personal/461721/793012

Sydney has one just like it. I absolutely think it's the biggest eyesore the city is housing to. I am against the Xinyi Light Rail project.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2006, 1:06 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiasian View Post
A promo video on Xinyi Light Rail

http://www.im.tv/vlog/Personal/461721/793012

Sydney has one just like it. I absolutely think it's the biggest eyesore the city is housing to. I am against the Xinyi Light Rail project.
Come on, the Sydney comparison is a little weak. This is vital component of Taipei's future transportation infrastructure not a tourist train. If the city fails to approve this project, there will be no connection between Songshan station and the blue and red lines.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2006, 2:30 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Last edited by Coyett; Dec 30, 2006 at 5:39 AM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2007, 4:48 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Edit:

Wow, it's such a pleasure to be proven wrong. Nippon Sharyo has designed a train almost as iconic as the T700.

photos: ITC, http://www.wretch.cc/blog/itcphoto&article_id=9755256

Last edited by Coyett; Jan 16, 2007 at 7:15 AM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 3:29 AM
Bamboo Tiger

New pics:

January 10, Keelung

Last edited by Coyett; Jan 16, 2007 at 6:57 AM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 6:51 AM
ùH

“大台灣新都心”興起 政客無法再濫用“南北差距”

撰文 陳建彰
2007/01/12, 週五

《新新聞》周報授權刊載:台灣未來要靠人民共同打造,也要看政府有沒有責任感,妥適規劃的決策與建設決心。當台北到高雄都能在九十分鐘內往返,貫串西台灣的新都心“鉅型台灣市”逐漸成型,南北的差距和挑撥,政客們將愈來愈沒有舞台可以揮灑了。

禿頭多年的高雄半屏山逐漸長出綠油油的新葉;桃園青埔的“人工千湖國”填回平地;新竹六家、台中烏日、嘉義太保以及台南沙崙更懷著農地變黃金的美夢;位居首善之區的台北、板橋則繼續強化交通樞紐的大任。

台灣高鐵在元月五日正式開放試乘,不僅為西部走廊開啟高速紀元,更為台灣衝出嶄新地貌。 一九八七年,政府開始研擬興建西部高速鐵路的可能,並在一九九七年由台灣高鐵正式取得營運權,儘管質疑的聲浪未曾停歇,台灣高鐵還是在二○○七年元月二日清晨六點賣出歷史性的第一張車票。

全長三百四十五公里,連結台北、高雄兩大都會區。高鐵不僅為台灣民眾實現“一日生活圈”的夢想,更將徹底翻覆台灣西部的地貌風情。 鉅型都市:九十分鐘,往返市中心

不要小看“一日生活圈”這句話。資本主義發達後,都市的樣貌和定義就一直在改變當中。交通,更是改變都市樣貌和人民互動的主要關鍵。一百六十年前,誰也想不到一個小小的漁港,割讓給英國,香港就此變身為“東方之珠”。也沒人想到,麻六甲岸邊的小村莊,會成為大西洋航線入亞洲的門戶:新加坡。

同樣地,日本殖民台灣時代,縱貫公路和鐵路的開發,“一府二鹿三艋舺”就被新的鐵公路樞紐新都心給取代。到了二十一世紀之“全球化”風潮,都市,再也不是靠行政區域畫分,就可以輕率地定義了。

“九十分鐘的交通能到達都會中心的區域,就叫做同一個都會生活圈。”這是全球化後的“鉅型都市”的新定義,九十分鐘能夠往返的區域,會快速地融合,分工,成了一個休戚與共的共同都會。

這就是高鐵通車帶給台灣的跨世紀意義,也許,“台灣高鐵”這家公司會因為政商結構轉變,或是資金和營運問題,未必可基業常青。但不論將來“高速鐵路”會不會易主經營,台灣,將會有徹底大翻轉,南北快速連成一氣將是不可再逆轉的轉變,這才是面對高鐵通車後,更值得關注之課題。

高鐵究竟讓台灣變成了什麼樣?國立中央大學太空及遙測研究中心特地以“南北馳騁──衛星看高鐵”為主題,利用衛星科技,完整呈現全台高鐵車站的樣貌。

“比對二○○○年、二○○六年開發前後的影像,可明顯感受到高鐵建站前後全然不同的地貌變化。”太遙中心副教授張中白說明,原本的池塘、農田,如今變成嶄新的車站及規劃良好的周邊道路,同時也蓋起了一幢幢的高樓及別墅,一座座新市鎮誕生;台北站和板橋站因地下化關係,感受不出地貌變化,但其餘六個車站周邊,均可透過衛星影像觀察到明顯的改變。 左營站:高鐵進駐,綠化半屏山

“還記得小時候半屏山是光禿禿的一片,上半屏山玩最常見的不是花草樹木,反而是橫衝直撞的砂石車。”就讀高雄師範大學的在地人李永正回憶著。南北縱走、盤據北高雄要地,富古老傳奇的半屏之形讓半屏山成為高雄人心中的信仰地標,但經過長時間的採礦蹂躪,半屏山地形、樣貌、甚至是生態系統早已遭受劇烈衝擊。

二○○○年的衛星空照圖上,明顯可以看出半屏山南坡光禿禿的醜陋,半屏山蘊藏豐富的石灰岩礦,品質優良,水泥公司持續在半屏山開採,直到一九九七年採礦權中止才暫時告一段落,因為︽水土保持法︾,半屏山的生態才獲得重生機會。

二○○三年,經過縝密規劃的高鐵站區工程加速了半屏山的綠化運動,在配合高鐵新興市鎮的規劃下,政府全力為停工的石灰岩採礦場進行半屏溼地的綠化整修,禿頭多年的半屏山終於逐漸長出綠色葉子,“外界總將高鐵視為破壞周遭環境生態的兇手,若以左營站區為例,其實並非如此不堪。”張中白說。

前後對照下來,二○○三年高鐵周邊腹地的工程開始動工,比起二○○○年黃沙滾滾的飛沙走石,黃土裸露在外的面積已大幅下降,取而代之的是鮮豔青翠的“綠”逐步進駐。左營站大型波浪狀屋面的流線造型與半屏山及蓮池潭相互輝映,通車後的左營站區展現出前所未見的清新亮麗,二○○六年衛星空照圖下的半屏山不再醜陋,反倒綠意盎然。 青埔站:恢復綠地,回填人工湖

驅車行經桃園青埔,遠遠便能看見高鐵車站矗立,大片玻璃帷幕經過特殊照明設計,車站在夜間成為巨大的藝術燈籠。當初在決定青埔做為高鐵桃園站區時,這裡還是一片荒煙蔓草。

青埔的二○○○年衛星空照圖,周圍被大片農地包圍,湖泊、河流密集分散四周,“由於唯一的灌溉源頭大漢溪轉向流到台北縣市,桃園地區的農地灌溉貧乏。”張中白解釋:“為了加強灌溉,地方挖掘了許多人工湖。”他表示,確定青埔為桃園站區後,由於要擴展腹地,施工單位便毫不客氣地開始回填湖泊,雖然有人擔心如此會破壞原有生態環境,“但因為這些原本就是人工湖,回填後對環境其實並不會產生太大影響。”反而經過完善的都市新造規劃後,讓千湖國朝新興市鎮邁進。

相較於二○○○年青埔空照圖農田、人工湖所顯現的的藍綠交錯,二○○三年空照圖則呈現出青埔站區的腹地規模,黃土覆蓋的區域清楚表現出占地廣大的特定計畫區,原本應該在腹地範圍內的藍色湖泊因人工回填而被黃土所淹沒;二○○○年的“藍綠交織”、二○○三年的“黃”,到通車後的二○○六年,在整體規劃趨於完工的青埔周遭,可看出綠地又重新驅離功成身退的黃土了。 六家站:規劃詳細,竹科新重鎮

相對於高雄半屏山綠意重生、青埔的千湖國走入歷史,充滿流線造型的白色車廂劃破傳統農村,也帶來黃金效益。

高鐵尚未落腳前,新竹六家是三百多公頃富庶的米倉,二○○○年的六家,滿片青翠映入眼簾;對照二○○三年,棋盤式的黃色預設道路間雜著些許綠意,四方交錯的土黃棋盤可以觀察出高鐵對六家站區的詳細規劃;高鐵完成後的二○○六年,鐵灰色的聯外道路整齊羅列,棋盤方塊也再度被綠色園區占據,六家大片的稻田消失,搖身成為繼竹北之後另一個吸納竹科產業的新興城鎮。

為了凸顯不同,六家站體有別於其他車站,以融合半導體晶圓為主要設計概念。看準往後優越的交通地理條件,華邦電率先宣布將投資十五億在高鐵站附近興建研發大樓,有意把現階段分散各廠區的研發單位集中於此。

新竹六家從農地化身為科技新重鎮的前景可期,不過向來被視為帶動六家發展最具指標意義的生醫園區,卻隨著台大團隊的退出掀起了一絲波瀾。改由國科會接手的生醫計畫等於重新回到原點,該怎麼對外證明生醫園區的潛力,得看國科會了。 烏日站:設計不良,四周光禿禿

台中烏日這個過去以成功嶺聞名的鄉下農村,豪華富麗的建築物搭配周遭幾近荒蕪的景色,讓時尚現代兼具的台中烏日站區更顯突兀。

以二○○○年與二○○三年的空照圖來看,在順利徵收完周圍土地後,二○○三年的烏日顯然仍然完整翠綠,整體特地區的統籌規劃還不太明顯;再看二○○六年衛星空照圖,相較於其他高鐵站區周圍在二○○六年幾乎都已完成重整,烏日四周卻還是光禿禿的一片,無黨籍立委顏清標便曾抱怨說:“政府對地方發展定位沒有好好規劃,鄉親到現在都還不知道未來的方向。”對照於台中七期重劃區與中科的發展,烏日的整建顯然遙遙落後,聯外道路也未趨完善,隨著標示向前開,最後竟然是“此路不通”,標示不明的道路指示讓用路人傻傻分不清東南西北。

台中烏日站是特定區中唯一規劃有娛樂性質賭場的特殊站區,一旦博弈條款通過,後續引領的商機將是無從計算的龐大。祇是當全台灣最大的酒店、賭場都往台中聚集的同時,當前衛星空照圖卻看不出烏日有變成台灣拉斯維加斯的可能。 太保‧沙崙站:交通不便,離都市太遠

堪稱是高鐵雙胞胎的嘉義太保、台南沙崙,過去都是甘蔗田,太保附近的地主蔡永義說:“以前車站附近是一大片蔗田,太陽下山幾乎就沒什麼人了;沒有路燈,晚上大家也都不太敢經過。”或深或淺的綠色整齊方格遍布在太保、沙崙四周,二○○○年的空照圖顯示,太保以及沙崙位處偏遠,距離市區有一大段距離,在徵收最大地主台糖的農業用地後,二○○三年,預定地周遭的甘蔗方格不復存在,黃色直線來回穿梭描繪出未來的園區範圍。

通車階段的二○○六年,以農為本的田園完成土地徵收,特定區四周也已留下龐大建地等待企業入駐,但與市區的交通仍未解決,尤其在周圍仍是甘蔗田四散的先天環境下,要想將農田變為黃金,恐怕還得等上一陣子。

相較於高鐵對半屏山、千湖國以及農地蔗田的影響,從衛星空照圖觀測的結果看來,二○○○年到二○○六年,都市機能發展健全的台北、板橋幾乎看不出有太大的變化,但高鐵站區進駐後,台北“五鐵共構”、板橋“三鐵共構”又再度厚實早已具備的交通樞紐地位,送往迎來的責任更被託付。

日本新幹線完成後,三十年來不斷改變日本的生活、文化與經濟發展。在驚濤駭浪中,台灣高鐵建構完成是不爭的事實。換個角度從太空衛星看台灣,跨世紀的高鐵確實為寶島帶來衝擊,也構築著三十年後不一樣的台灣。

未來會變成怎樣?具體的發展,將靠未來台灣人民共同打造,也要看政府有沒有責任感負起妥適規劃的決策與建設決心。這些都仍是未定之天,但可以確定的是,當台北到高雄都能在九十分鐘內往返,貫串西台灣的新都心“鉅型台灣市”逐漸成型,南北的差距和挑撥,政客們將愈來愈沒有舞台可以揮灑了。

(本文轉載自台灣《新新聞》周報第1036期,刊用《新新聞》稿件務經《新新聞》書面授權)

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 6:28 PM
Bamboo Tiger

A couple of very sleek shots of the TEMU 1000 "Taroko" near Hualien.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/E42CP&article_id=5480581

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 3:11 AM
Utopia Society

Nice man!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 7:42 AM
Our world, our village.

i've just finished my nice holidays in tw. i'll post other pics later...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 8:47 PM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan ren View Post
Edit:

Wow, it's such a pleasure to be proven wrong. Nippon Sharyo has designed a train almost as iconic as the T700.

photos: ITC, http://www.wretch.cc/blog/itcphoto&article_id=9755256

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 8:50 PM
ùH

copyrighted: cleanylee & miles

-------<

Geez! Taiwan is looking more and more like Japan!!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 10:58 AM

Yeah.... I can't help but compare Taiwan to Japan nowadays. It almost seem that Taiwan's urban planning is parallel to Japan's.

If I'm not wrong, wasn't there an incentive to plant cherry trees around a couple of cities in Taiwan? Was that approved?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 4:36 PM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungFFman View Post
Yeah.... I can't help but compare Taiwan to Japan nowadays. It almost seem that Taiwan's urban planning is parallel to Japan's.

If I'm not wrong, wasn't there an incentive to plant cherry trees around a couple of cities in Taiwan? Was that approved?

not sure.. but, most of the cities in Taiwan do already has a good amount of cherry trees in public area!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2007, 2:53 AM

nice! although i never seem to see them in photos. Most I've seen are way up in the mountains, such as Yangming Shan.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2007, 8:19 AM
Utopia Society

cherry blossom rocks!! rarely in my life i see something so beautiful!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 4:00 PM
Bamboo Tiger

TRA conducts test ride of tilting trains

SMOOTH AND FAST: The Taroko Express, as the tilting trains are called, made the trip from Taipei to Hualien in under two hours instead of the normal three hours
By Shelley Shan
STAFF REPORTER, IN HUALIEN
Wednesday, Mar 21, 2007, Page 4
The Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) conducted a public test ride of its tilting trains along the North Link yesterday.

"Alright," yelled a TRA driver, as the train -- also known as Taroko Express -- pulled out of Taipei Main Station at 2pm.

The tilting train is equipped with a mechanism that allows it to counteract the centrifugal force generated when driving through curves. Rather than slowing down the train, drivers of tilting trains increase speed slightly when negotiating curves.

The train yesterday only took one hour and 55 minutes to get to Hualien. That compares with a travel time of nearly three hours for the usual express trains, known as Tzuchiang Express.

Although the ride was a little bumpy at the beginning, it went on smoothly afterward.

Passengers who were seated could hardly feel the train tilt, but it was palpable to those who were standing during the ride.

The TRA started using the newly imported trains to transport passengers during the Lunar New Year, but it had yet to test the trains' ability to tilt.

TRA Director-General Chen Feng-nan (陳峰男) said yesterday that test-runs of the tilting trains would be completed soon. The first three groups of tilting trains will start operating on May 8.

But for now, the trains will only operate the Taipei-Hualien route. Ticket prices are the same as those of Tzuchiang Express trains.

Chen added that TRA would not sell standing room tickets.

"Some may want to board the train anyway even if they are told no seats are available," Chen said. "We will tell them that they might experience slight discomfort during the trip and advise them to take the next train instead."

A total of six trains will operate on the Taipei-Hualien route during weekdays. Two additional trains will be added to the service during weekends. That would expand TRA's train service capacity by 200 seats a day, he said.

Aside from inviting members of the media to the test ride yesterday, the TRA also called on Sung Ya-yung (宋亞芸), the winner of last year's train naming contest.

"I have traveled to Taroko Gorge before and thought it was just such a beautiful place," Sung said, explaining where she got the inspiration for the train's name.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2007, 4:30 AM

take a train ride thru the cherry blossoms of alishan.

Last edited by Razqal; Mar 27, 2007 at 8:31 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan