HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

SkyHouse Orlando in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Orlando Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 31, 2007, 11:34 PM

PHOENIX | CityScape (2 Towers) | Tower 1 | 375 FT | 27 FLOORS | Tower 2 | 25 FLOORS

Archived heights before project was downsized

PHOENIX | CityScape (2 Towers) | 525' - 44 FLOORS | 385' - 30 FLOORS

New Renderings

- They have reduced the number of floors on the main tower. The rendering shows 38 floors, but I was told it will be 35 floors, making it even shorter. The main reason seems to be they wanted to reduce the number of condos as they don't feel there are enough potention buyers in the market for 2-3 bedroom luxury condos.

- The official groundbreaking was today, October 22nd, at 4:30 PM. Actual construction starts in November, about 3 weeks from now

- Wachovia is anchoring the office tower (which seems to be 26 stories from the rendering)

- Kimpton hotel, called The Palomer is going in the main tower, with residential condos above

- AJs Fine Foods will be the first grocery store in downtown in decades

- PF Changs China Bistro will open an urban restaurant

- The main tower will have only 2-3 bedroom condos, which means expensive $$$

- The third tower planned, on the southern part of the eastern most block, will contain a TWELVE hotel, a signature restaurant, and an additional 30,000 sq ft of retail

- Three towers will all go up at once. The Wachovia tower and Patriot's block will start first, while the main tower and a third tower on the eastern block will start around mid 2008, while the Wachovia tower is still going up

- The fourth tower isn't planned to be under construction until 2010

The development of this project has been on going for about a year now, with some controversy over a public park and design plans...but it now looks like this are starting to move along and a new design has been brought forward. The image quality is horrible and I'm working on a higher resolution picture but until then...we have a preview of Arizona's soon-to-be tallest building as well as the first 500'+ building in the state! de-throning the 483' Chase tower that has held the title since 1973.

The whole project will eventually span 3 city blocks at Central Ave and Washington St, the 0,0 core of Phoenix. This project will bring downtown's first grocery store in over 30 years (AJs Fine Foods has already singed on) and well as condos, apartments, a boutique hotel, restaurants (PF Chang's has already signed on), retail, a bookstore, and 595,000 sq ft of office space. An additional 2 towers are planned for Phase 2.

Site prep is already under way and groundbreaking is expected in the next couple of months.

This is the original design and I've gotta say I like the new design a lot better, not to mention the height!

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jun 9, 2013 at 4:33 AM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:36 AM

Wow! Good to see this one come through. Phoenix is getting it done!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:42 AM
UrbanPHX

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:43 AM

Great news for Phoenix. Nice to see Phoenix starting to act its size. Hope this project sets the tone for even more projects.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:45 AM

Thank You God theyre getting rid of that park

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:47 AM

What's that park on the left side of the arial shot ... looks like that's going away?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:47 AM
JoeCooper

I knew Phoenix would come around eventually! It's great to hear about a new tallest as well as a number of other projects in the works for Phoenix.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMininger View Post
What's that park on the left side of the arial shot ... looks like that's going away?
That park is being replaced by the once shown in the rendering. They are adding retail, grocery, and apartments to that block as well.

The park, as it is now, is really not used by anyone other then homeless. It is all brick aside from some planters with grass and a couple trees and really isn't serving it's purpose as a park.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
That park is being replaced by the once shown in the rendering. They are adding retail, grocery, and apartments to that block as well.

The park, as it is now, is really not used by anyone other then homeless. It is all brick aside from some planters with grass and a couple trees and really isn't serving it's purpose as a park.
Sounds like nobody is going to miss the park then. Oh well. Great project for Phoenix. I sincerely hope it comes through.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
I knew Phoenix would come around eventually! It's great to hear about a new tallest as well as a number of other projects in the works for Phoenix.
Agree. Now if only Memphis would begin to catch up. They are getting two new twin looking towers but they are still more 400 something footers so yawn on that.

Nice design too.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:13 PM

who are the builders, developers and architects for city scape?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:23 PM
Pacific Wonderland

I sort of liked that weird park and tent thing. Taking a public park and making it private shops?

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
low-riding

congrats. im always excited when a city gets a new tallest. reaching for new heights. sweetness

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 10:06 PM

Maybe it's just because there is not a decent rendering of the new design...I love the old one much more. New looks bland and uninspiring but go Phoenix on a new tallest proposal.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
who are the builders, developers and architects for city scape?
According to their website, the developers are:

RED Development
CDK Partners (Cardon Development)
Barron Colliers
Novare Group

Callison Architects is listed as the architects, but that may have been for the previous designs as Callion's website no longer shows the CityScape project as part of their portfolio. They have not accounced who the contractor for the project is yet.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 3:01 AM

Great news, I'll be watching when construction starts as it will literally be diagnally across the street from where I work.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
According to their website, the developers are:

RED Development
CDK Partners (Cardon Development)
Barron Colliers
Novare Group

Callison Architects is listed as the architects, but that may have been for the previous designs as Callion's website no longer shows the CityScape project as part of their portfolio. They have not accounced who the contractor for the project is yet.
novare? i didn't realize they were entering the phx market ~ hopefully it's one of their better products.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
novare? i didn't realize they were entering the phx market ~ hopefully it's one of their better products.
They recently announced that they would enter the Phoenix, Houston and Jacksonville markets by the end of the year.

Great project for Phoenix! Nice to get some height going.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 7:52 PM

wow very nice. i hadnt heard of this yet, it looks like it will be really great for that area... and finally those two lots are being developed!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 8:29 PM
Endless Moments...

Oh, nice nice. Its about time PHX gets a new one. And look at that, there is more then 1. The design is very good...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive