HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Sep 30, 2012, 11:52 PM

Odd and Unique things in Sacto

Chuck P. once wrote about "the small city you never knew you wanted to visit"--that city was of course his beloved Portland (before it became the trendy city it is now known as and was still a bit of an industrial dump). In this writing he describes all things that were weird and unique about Portland which hipsters now use as a reason to actually have civic pride.

What would some of these things be in Sacramento? Any interesting, weird houses? Old forgotten history? Strange places people that have not grown up here would not know about? As someone who is just getting more immersed into Sacramento and trying to figure out the city's identity I refuse to believe there are not little quirky unique places here to experience.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 7:44 PM
Hindrance to Development

There are an enormous number of quirky unique places here. Generating a list would take quite a while...I recommend paging back through this forum and look for old posts, there used to be a lot of discussion of just this sort of thing. A visiting band I met last year described Sacramento as basically Portland with palm trees, and if challenged to a "quirk-off" I'd say we could hold our own.

For now, I'd just say pedal over to 22nd and H Street, look northwest and let that mystery hold you for a while.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
thenorth.bandcamp.com

What is that place?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area