Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 7:53 PM

yup.

YSL Condos too, which is 348m.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 2:29 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: streetscaper

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 1:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Just FYI, there is yet another proposal that would join this on on the BK skyline.
Discussion thread here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...wpost&t=227706

http://www.80flatbush.com/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 5:44 PM
Ω

Will this tower have a hotel?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 11:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Will this tower have a hotel?
No. There will be about 417 apartments, 20% of which will be affordable housing.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The movement of this to the supertall forum is great.

We now have 10, I repeat, 10 NYC supertalls u/c.

1) 9 Dekalb
2) 111 W 57th
3) CPT
4) 175 Greenwich
5) 53W53
6) One Vanderbilt
7) 1 MW
8) 35 Hudson
9) 30 Hudson
10) 3 Hudson

And we haven't even gotten our trousers off yet.

Still have the LES super talls to look forward too and some potential ones on 5th Avenue. Not to mention 8o South, Two Manhattan West, 45 Broad (which will start soon I hope), and it goes on.

From Hunsers List: Proposals/Site Prep

Out of all the buildings going up in NYC right now, which is a LOT, this one has got to be the one I'm most excited about. Not just because it's in my borough, but because this is the first supertalls outside of Manhattan. I think Brooklyn's skyline is really going to takeoff after this!

This is important because Manhattan is an island with very limited space, so eventually we were going to run out of room. But now our skyline is spreading past the physical boundaries of the island. And it's such a beast that even NJ is getting sucked in!

Hopefully LIC, Queens can get a supertall soon too!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 12:31 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The city is getting quite big. I was stuck on the BQE today in heavy traffic, and just waiting, gazing at the surroundings, the amount of cranes is ridiculous. The thing is that a lot of it occurs in clusters, so for a minute depending on the area your in, you might not think there's a lot, but there are hundreds of projects u/c. Many are just obscured by the skyscraper masses. Highrises and mid rises in the far flung areas of Queens near Great Neck. It's all over.

With LIC, I think a super tall will happen. I think the FAA amendment for the area is bs, and will be repealed on a case-by-case basis for a tower that exceeds 900 ft+.

DoBro is unique in the sense that it takes up quite a large area. If we were to isolate DoBro, it alone would probally be in the top 10 downtowns in the country. What has happened there, and now in LIC, is nothing short of apeshit development nuts. And now, we have the recent news of 80 Flatbush. Also looking forward to 420 Albee Square which is NYC's version of 181 Fremont.

I do recall a comedy thread I once read, saying that NYC had 21 cranes. Now that was funny.

The kicker joke in the comedy was that there were 6 residential project cranes. O man, thats some ballsy comedy right there.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 12:55 AM

I took this pic a little bit ago. I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic, but this sign was really exciting to see!

It's official!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 1:01 AM
New Yorker for life

They should put up a supersized rendering like the one at 111 W. 57th.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 8:43 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No. There will be about 417 apartments, 20% of which will be affordable housing.
Affordable housing huh? That's rare, considering that so many of these skyscrapers tend to be used only by the rich. :o

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 2:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Lots of newer developments have affordable housing. There is a boatload rising in Queens and in Brooklyn.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 6:37 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylkoorB View Post
Out of all the buildings going up in NYC right now, which is a LOT, this one has got to be the one I'm most excited about. Not just because it's in my borough, but because this is the first supertalls outside of Manhattan. I think Brooklyn's skyline is really going to takeoff after this!
Brooklyn is a very important part of NYC.
Think of Brooklyn as the leg, Queens as the other leg, the Bronx as the head and Manhattan as the body (with lots of growth to come).

Quote:
This is important because Manhattan is an island with very limited space, so eventually we were going to run out of room.
Manhattan will never run out of space, believe me!!
But this tower is going to compliment the city in such a way that everyone will notice it, no matter where they are in the city.

Quote:
But now our skyline is spreading past the physical boundaries of the island. And it's such a beast that even NJ is getting sucked in!
Jersey City has always been the borough than never was.
Perhaps we can trade Staten Island for Jersey City?

Quote:
Hopefully LIC, Queens can get a supertall soon too!
Fingers crossed.

Quote:
With LIC, I think a super tall will happen. I think the FAA amendment for the area is bs, and will be repealed on a case-by-case basis for a tower that exceeds 900 ft+.
I agree completely.
Keep in mind that skyscrapers across the East River will compliment Manhattan in such a way that it's going to be even more intense (as it should).

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 2:16 AM

I Walked by the site earlier today. Nothing substantial, but I just wanted to provide an update.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:

I Walked by the site earlier today. Nothing substantial, but I just wanted to provide an update.
You can see they are advanced in demolshing the building, I think it is quite substantial. Maybe by summer it's gone.

For comparison

Quote:

[/SIZE]

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 3:39 PM
New Yorker for life

The one on the right is to only have a wall removed. The Flatbush Avenue building will come down.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 3:25 PM
BANNED

It's been three weeks since the last post on one of NYC's top 5 towers U/C, so this thread deserves a bump.

[IMG][/IMG] That dome at center is the future site of 9 Dekalb. Great location for a supertall. Crosspost from The Hub thread.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 4:02 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

this is under construction?

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 4:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
That dome at center is the future site of 9 Dekalb. Great location for a supertall. Crosspost from The Hub thread.

You can also see the sites of a few more big ones planned for Brooklyn. That view will change dramatically.

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 7:21 PM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/issues_artic...-mall-in-flux/

May 01, 2017
By Rich Bockmann

Quote:
.......the recent influx of national chain stores to the Fulton Mall is tied to the booming office and residential activity from new towers rising on the Downtown Brooklyn skyline.

“I think the cycle’s not going to happen overnight, but [traditional retailers] may or may not want to stay based on increasing rents and the expanding customer base,” said Lansco Corp.’s Robin Abrams, who sits on REBNY’s Brooklyn retail-report advisory group.

And that transformation will only continue.

JDS Development Group and the Chetrit Group are building a 1,066-foot-tall rental building at 9 DeKalb Avenue, next to the iconic Junior’s Restaurant. And Tishman Speyer is bringing 620,000 square feet of office space above Macy’s at 422 Fulton Street.

Those developments are changing Downtown Brooklyn into more of a “24/7 neighborhood” — a stark difference from the largely office population that the area used to house, according to RKF Vice Chairman Barry Fishbach. “Office workers would go shopping during lunch and then typically at the end of the day would get in their cars and go home,” he said.

And while the old stores on Fulton Mall usually start to roll up their gates by 7 p.m., the newer shops at City Point stay open later, and Target doesn’t close its doors until midnight.

Quote:
9 Dekalb Avenue
Chetrit Group and JDS Development Group

Set to rise 1,066 square feet over Albee Square, JDS Development Group and the Chetrit Group’s 73-story rental tower is primed to be the tallest in Brooklyn.

JDS and Chetrit purchased the Dime Savings Bank at 9 DeKalb Avenue as well as the property’s air rights for $90 million in late 2015. The developers plan on repositioning the landmarked bank into a 30,000-square-foot store. The 500-unit residential tower will have 110,000 square feet of additional retail and will be connected to the old bank with a glassy atrium designed by SHoP Architects.

The developers have yet to sign any retail tenants. Those familiar with the space said its unique design — a landmarked interior and lack of a glassy storefront — won’t appeal to everyone, but will to a certain type of retailer looking to make a statement.

“There are only so many tenants out in the market that are looking for that type of product,” said Ryan Condren, managing director of the retail group at CPEX Real Estate, who added that the bank’s idiosyncratic design will mean that the developers will be marketing it to a smaller pool of potential tenants.

3. Fulton assemblage
RedSky Capital

One of Fulton Street’s most buzzed-about projects is also one of its most secretive.
Williamsburg-based RedSky Capital has spent more than $104 million over the last four years assembling a nearly full-block site between DeKalb Avenue, Fulton Street and Flatbush Avenue Extension facing the eastern end of Albee Square.

While RedSky has been tight-lipped about its intentions for the site and has yet to file plans with the Department of Buildings, it refinanced the property with a $127 million loan from Apollo Commercial Real Estate in April.

The area — which currently houses a collection of low-slung retail buildings — is zoned for more than 500,000 square feet of residential and commercial development. SCG Retail broker Geoff Bailey said it’s likely that the developers will follow their peers and build something that mirrors the other projects on Albee Square.

“I’m sure it’s going to be a big, tall building with a nice retail podium,” he said. “It could very much be a flagship location.”

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 7:46 PM

NYguy, that picture with yellow outline of DeKalb, Flatbush, and Fulton is not part of this project. It's going to be a separate development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture