HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 7:14 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Why even go by the Usher? You can just go in through the Arcade and not even be asked.

It really does seem that Ciniplex is putting minimal efforts in the local theatre.
Terry it is because being honest is the way to be. Why lie cheat and steal just to see a movie for free. Seems pointless to me.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 8:52 PM

Update re the UNB request for zoning change at UNB Woodlot to accommodate a request for a new building. They have a client who wishes to proceed with a building there

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ment-1.4576133

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Update re the UNB request for zoning change at UNB Woodlot to accommodate a request for a new building. They have a client who wishes to proceed with a building there

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ment-1.4576133
11 acres and the zoning request makes this pretty interesting. Not really enough info to speculate what it might be but at that size it could be something significant. Look forward to learning more.

I'd be opposed to full scale development of the woodlot but assumed that development of the land on both sides of Knowledge Park Dr. was a foregone conclusion.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Devon View Post
11 acres and the zoning request makes this pretty interesting. Not really enough info to speculate what it might be but at that size it could be something significant. Look forward to learning more.

I'd be opposed to full scale development of the woodlot but assumed that development of the land on both sides of Knowledge Park Dr. was a foregone conclusion.
Listened to the interview on CBC this AM . UNB spokesperson said they have a client and a proposal for a building. No other info given as they are not ready to reveal but did say the benefits to UNB would be revenue and that some scientists from the University may benefit from colaboration with the scientific staff in the business.

So likely IT or scientific or both? IBM rumored to be looking for new space for awhile. Not sure if this is still the case. Another possible option would be business related to Cybersecurity. Bottom line is that it would appear that UNB wants to move this forward quickly

Here is more from the UNB site http://www.unb.ca/capitalplanning/la.../rezoning.html

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 11:57 AM

I'd suspect it's IBM. UNB has close ties to IBM and IBM also has quite a few staff here working on cybersecurity products.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 11:11 AM

Up93.1 is reporting that funding for the YFC airport expansion is mostly secured now. The province and City are on board and they're waiting for Federal confirmation. Up doesn't have the news on their website so I can't find any web confirmation of this yet. Hopefully it'll hit the rest of the news outlets soon.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 11:36 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Up93.1 is reporting that funding for the YFC airport expansion is mostly secured now. The province and City are on board and they're waiting for Federal confirmation. Up doesn't have the news on their website so I can't find any web confirmation of this yet. Hopefully it'll hit the rest of the news outlets soon.
Good to hear. Our airport really needs an upgrade, its a good sign for Fredericton

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

Great news. Sounds like 2018 is going to be a big year for development.

Heard at the hockey game last night that the Radisson at Kingswood opens this weekend.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 12:26 PM

Well the Federal funding still has to come through. But it is a Provincial election year, so I'm sure the Fed Libs will throw some bones to the Provincial Libs for big ticket items. The Federal announcement will probably happen next time Justin swings through the province.

Hopefully they can move quick and get shovels in the ground as soon as the ground thaws.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I'd suspect it's IBM. UNB has close ties to IBM and IBM also has quite a few staff here working on cybersecurity products.
Hearing that this is not IBM as they have just renovated the space they are currently in. Instead this if for the next Knowledge Park building.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Gleaner had confirmation last night. Province and Airport have 2/3 of required funds needed for expansion. Expect Federal funds shortly. Federal minister toured the current facility yesterday

Last edited by Freddypop; Mar 16, 2018 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Gleaner had confirmation last night. Province and Airport have 2/3 of required funds needed for expansion. Expect Federal funds shortly. Federal minister toured the current facility yesterday
I want some renderings. I fly often and it pains me to think of other airports that have similar or lower passenger numbers, and boast jet ways , after security restaurants and the like. Fingers crossed they plan for the future rather than just updating what is there. What is there now is not going to meet need in a few years (it barely does now).

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 5:40 PM

Not really much in the way of renderings, but YFC has had the expansion on their website for awhile now.

No jetways, but otherwise improvements all around.

Quote:
Benefits to travellers when the project is complete include:
  • Improved flow of passengers through the airport, accommodating traffic increases up to 500,000 passengers annually
  • Two security lines instead of one
  • Larger kitchen and dining area in the public area of the terminal
  • Departures area will be larger and more comfortable.
  • Food service & café area
  • Children’s play area
  • Additional seating
  • Additional washrooms
  • Shorter exterior distances to airplanes
  • More natural light

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Great news. Sounds like 2018 is going to be a big year for development.

Heard at the hockey game last night that the Radisson at Kingswood opens this weekend.
Opens Monday

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 1:50 AM

Saw this ad. Looks like St Huberts is adding Harveys as an option at their Corbett Centre location

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-bar-food-hos...ationFlag=true

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Saw this ad. Looks like St Huberts is adding Harveys as an option at their Corbett Centre location

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-bar-food-hos...ationFlag=true
That seems really odd. Isn't Harvey's owned by the same company that owns Swiss Chalet, St. Hubert's largest competitor?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 3:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestedObserver View Post
That seems really odd. Isn't Harvey's owned by the same company that owns Swiss Chalet, St. Hubert's largest competitor?
Cara bought out St. Hubert too. It's all one big happy family now......

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 10:07 AM

I suspect St Hubert's pop contract will be opening up soon. Cara properties are all Pepsi products IIRC, and St Huberts is Coke, or was Coke until they change over soon I'm sure.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 12:19 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
I suspect St Hubert's pop contract will be opening up soon. Cara properties are all Pepsi products IIRC, and St Huberts is Coke, or was Coke until they change over soon I'm sure.

Terry also I heard they will be making a switch to French's Tomato Ketchup.
Powerhouse of changes coming ahead

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Terry also I heard they will be making a switch to French's Tomato Ketchup.
Powerhouse of changes coming ahead
If this is true it sounds like Canadian restaurants are all dropping Heinz since Heinz Dropped Canadian produce from there products.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces